Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

IGN will be hosting a livestream of MLB 14 The Show (PS4 version) on Monday, April 14th at 2:00 PM EST.

Hunter Pence of the San Francisco Giants and Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers will battle it out, while Sony San Diego designer, Ramone Russell talks about the game and answers questions.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cowboy008 @ 04/10/14 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I hate to be a Debi downer but that's exactly how their game will be played.
Will the game be a full 9 innings?

# 22 HustlinOwl @ 04/10/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Will the game be a full 9 innings?
they will be playing different modes and more than likely a lot of HR Derby lol

# 23 crazymallard @ 04/10/14 11:44 PM
I don't know if anyone else had this reaction, but I thought the brief clip of Puig walking to the plate in the promo was real at first...the lighting makes so much more of a difference than I expected.

# 24 ryanmc564 @ 04/11/14 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
LoL like you guys really know them.
You are right, we don't know puig personally, and he could very well be a nice genuine guy. I can't speak for everyone but for me its his attitude as a ball player is what i can't stand about him. For someone who is just starting his sophomore season, he is already acting like a spoiled cocky veteran, faking injuries, showboating, etc etc thats not good baseball etiquette. Yes some animated players are good for the game, they keep thing exciting but when there are serious holes in your game and you act like you are bigger than the game, you won't earn alot of respect. Puig has the make up to be one of the best ball players he just needs to fix the holes in his game and make more of a positive image for himself. personally I hope he doesn't turn into another Manny where he is great ball player but is more known for being a joke.

# 25 xNeurosiis @ 04/11/14 12:50 AM
We don't know Puig, but if his actions off the field and on the field are any indication as to what he's like, then no thanks. Sure his troubles off the field are his own problems, but the way he plays on the field is reckless, and he not only jeopardizes himself, but his own team. He's good, but he's VERY unrefined. The way he plays doesn't win championships.

# 26 burjeffton @ 04/11/14 02:11 AM
Maybe Domingo Ayala is free to join on Monday? Didn't he teach Yasiel everything he knows?

# 27 PsychoBulk @ 04/11/14 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I hate to be a Debi downer but that's exactly how their game will be played.
I feared as much, hence my comment.

Ah well, be thankful for small mercies...

# 28 aguero90 @ 04/11/14 08:38 AM
Puig needs to take lessons on how to behave from Jeter.

# 29 Joey @ 04/11/14 09:27 AM
The only part of this thread worth reading is the OP...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 30 GruffyMcGuiness @ 04/11/14 10:46 AM
I don't know how y'all can compare Puig's antics to Desean Jackson or TO. Baseball is a gentleman's game. Puig is no gentleman. You can get away with a lot more in the NFL than you can baseball... Hence the Puig hate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 31 Bamafan3723 @ 04/11/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I don't know how y'all can compare Puig's antics to Desean Jackson or TO. Baseball is a gentleman's game. Puig is no gentleman. You can get away with a lot more in the NFL than you can baseball... Hence the Puig hate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I consider golf a gentleman's game, baseball...not so much.

# 32 Marino @ 04/11/14 10:16 PM
I love the Puig hate. Who cares about how the person acts off the field? At the end of the day he is making millions after defecting from a communist country while playing a game.

# 33 Bamafan3723 @ 04/11/14 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I love the Puig hate. Who cares about how the person acts off the field? At the end of the day he is making millions after defecting from a communist country while playing a game.
Really?

10 char

# 34 DTX3 @ 04/11/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
But he's supposed to play the game the way it's meant to be played.

# 35 ya boy hollywud @ 04/12/14 10:04 AM
Guys, how did this thread turn into an argument about Puig's behavior and off the field antics? Please, can you guys take this elsewhere, I actually wanted to read people's thoughts on the stream.

Does anybody know if the stream will be archived? The time is too early for me to watch live as I'll be at work and I'm sure some of you will be busy during that time as well.

# 36 soxnut1018 @ 04/12/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Yeah, but for people more impressionable than you (like kids), the guys a terrible role model.
Athletes aren't role models. That's not part of their job description, nor should it be expected of them.

# 37 Perfect Zero @ 04/12/14 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Athletes aren't role models. That's not part of their job description, nor should it be expected of them.
Again, what does this have to do with a live stream on Monday?

I'm excited to see some of this in action even though I will probably have to wait until Tuesday to watch it.

# 38 jripper09 @ 04/12/14 05:57 PM
actually Puig goes down to the little leagues in LA area and plays ball with the kids just like Mays used to do back in the day. Puig is a kid learning to be an adult, cut him some slack at least hes not a Barry Bonds and plays the game with his god given ability he is also loved by the reporters always has time for them and always takes the time to sign autographs and such....... get off his back. yes i am a dodger fan! LOL!

# 39 habslover10_GoYanks @ 04/14/14 07:29 AM
Its...TIIIIME

in a few hours

# 40 PsychoBulk @ 04/14/14 07:51 AM
Indeed, it'll be 7pm my time so a nice early evening watch.

If someone is going to capture it, or it may be put up on the IGN Youtube channel i dont know, that would be great too for those who cant watch live.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.