Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

As most of you are aware, the NBA Live team has been getting together with many of the NBA teams during the season and capturing their faces for NBA Live 15.

Marc D'Amico unveils the process the Celtics went through to become real-life characters for NBA Live 15. Check out the video clip that actually has a few facial scans that you will see in the game. We've captured some of them here, but make sure you watch the video to see the technology behind it.

A big thanks to @CelticBoyHooks!!

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The_Throne @ 04/11/14 11:55 PM
Uh oh.......I really hope they get 2k up outta here. 2k14 is so trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 mlp111 @ 04/12/14 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne

all nextgen games are trash, especially everyone EA released at the moment

# 3 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 04/12/14 12:19 AM
Wow... If the game ends up really looking like that then I think Live fans are in for a treat. This looks like a HUGE graphical improvement from last year. But then again anything is a huge improvement from last year. Last years graphics are easy to top. I'm interested in how 2K will top their graphics.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 4 Bowinkle08 @ 04/12/14 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne

i hope live 15 is gr8

# 5 cubby blue @ 04/12/14 01:10 AM
That Looks really good, but it's ea. I simply don't trust this company. I don't play basketball games anyway.

# 6 Ermolli @ 04/12/14 01:21 AM
It sure looks good from that problem but let's see how it translates into the game considering that Kyrie face isn't animated and doesn't have the lightning from Live.

# 7 @marcusjiles @ 04/12/14 01:43 AM
I find it HIGHLY implausible Live 15's gameplay can make THE jump it needs. It would literally have to do a 180. Not just be able to function, but add depth into multiple aspects. If they can get visuals near what 2k did, that would be great but the "good" folks at 2k ran a con on folks last year. Blew us away with graphics but delivered a game that was mediocre and restricted you WAY to much. So even if they (Live 15) come strong visually, you'll have 2k fans backlash because they already fell for that con.

# 8 d11king @ 04/12/14 01:47 AM
Screenshots has nothing to do with Gameplay lol

# 9 canucksss @ 04/12/14 01:55 AM
its about gameplay.....though this would be a nice addition to the game...but if the controls and game mechanics is not at par with the basketball gamers...it still be a trash. I like the NBA 2k NG....but because there are glaring issues in MC and the GM mode PLUS that dreaded VC...this game iwas sent back to Gamestop 2 weeks ago and they gave me a credit of $35... so I can use it with my next purchase....probably I'll get the Show.

# 10 spidertour02 @ 04/12/14 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
all nextgen games are trash, especially everyone EA released at the moment
I would argue that Need for Speed: Rivals is the best multiplatform game on PS4/X1 right now. It looks and runs great, it's a lot of fun, and it uses online connectivity in a way that's interesting and fresh.

# 11 Jano @ 04/12/14 02:17 AM
Screens look great! Nice to see EA will compete with 2K on a STILL likeness basis. Now if they can catch up with 2K in motion...

# 12 CaseIH @ 04/12/14 04:05 AM
Graphics are great an all, but if the gameplay is bad then it dont matter how good it looks. So far EA has yet to get either right, so I wouldnt get my hopes up. Considering how bad there games are on top of how they have treated customers with all there lies, and the fact that they did customers dirty with NCAA football, and when they made NCAA basketball, makes believing anything they do or say very hard. I would love to have 2 great choices for basketball when I do end up buying a PS4, but as of now Im definitely not buying what EA says, and 2k isnt much better when it comes to honesty anymore either. Seems only the makers of MLBTS are the only one who can be trusted now days when it comes to sports games.

# 13 AirJordanFan93 @ 04/12/14 04:29 AM
Screens like good. Hope EA can put it together gameplay wise to compete with 2K this year. Im right on the verge of heading over to Live because all the 2K nonsense with VC constant server crap.

# 14 tril @ 04/12/14 08:15 AM
I guess folks have already forgotten about Live's marketing/advertising campaign from last year. didnt those graphics look life like. didnt they show us all of this face scanning technology before, bounce technology (or whatver it was called), Kyrie's image was lifelike during the marketing campaign.
it's a wait and see..
and those who said 2k's gameplay was garbage...really????????

# 15 nick_sr @ 04/12/14 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
Screens like good. Hope EA can put it together gameplay wise to compete with 2K this year. Im right on the verge of heading over to Live because all the 2K nonsense with VC constant server crap.
I seen the 2k guys on twitter reaching out to more celebs, better get on that live bandwagon if you want authentic basketball.

# 16 nick_sr @ 04/12/14 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapAssassinator
This is EA's last real chance. I hope they don't fail. I hate 2k and their money mongering ways. Th only reason I play 2k14 is because there is no other option.
stop playing 2k like I did lol

# 17 Goffs @ 04/12/14 09:21 AM
yeah....face scan don't mean squat if the animation department is still lacking....

# 18 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 04/12/14 09:45 AM
Dont get me wrong , this does look great, but Ill wait and see how it looks in game. I bought live on release day last year and was let down in many facets. I am in a wait and see mode right now....eagerly anticipating...

# 19 sO100 @ 04/12/14 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I guess folks have already forgotten about Live's marketing/advertising campaign from last year. didnt those graphics look life like. didnt they show us all of this face scanning technology before, bounce technology (or whatver it was called), Kyrie's image was lifelike during the marketing campaign.
it's a wait and see..
and those who said 2k's gameplay was garbage...really????????
People that are saying 2K had garbage gameplay have not played the game, suck at the game, or they are Live stans! Period.

# 20 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 04/12/14 09:55 AM
On topic...

This is a move in the right direction.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.