Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

As most of you are aware, the NBA Live team has been getting together with many of the NBA teams during the season and capturing their faces for NBA Live 15.

Marc D'Amico unveils the process the Celtics went through to become real-life characters for NBA Live 15. Check out the video clip that actually has a few facial scans that you will see in the game. We've captured some of them here, but make sure you watch the video to see the technology behind it.

A big thanks to @CelticBoyHooks!!

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ram4x4marc @ 04/13/14 08:17 PM
Things I can count on being good from EA....UFC (same team as Fight Night series) and NHL (because they didn't rush the game and their last 7 years have been great). And this coming from a huge MLB and NBA fan...I'd love the MVP series to come back, and I treat NBA Live like the Detox Album...stop looking forward to it because it's a waste of time.

# 62 TarHeelPhenom @ 04/13/14 08:46 PM
That pic says it all to me "NOOOOOOOOOOOO"....

# 63 iLLosophy @ 04/13/14 09:25 PM
That's not enough detail. I need to see hair follicles for my NBA game to be authentic

# 64 Blzer @ 04/13/14 11:55 PM
The scans look pretty good... but can we please get a new article of any game (even this) so I don't load OS with that scary close-up banner shot all the time? lol

# 65 King_B_Mack @ 04/14/14 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeemdaprince
The bias is so obvious with some folks smh. You same cats that were GASSED off 2k14 ps4 Lebron visual's last summer are now talking about "meh there just face scans" or "EA is a crooked company". I can tell who played Live and who just played the demo. Live gives the player freedom, like one of these editors wrongfully accused the game of players just stand around. No they have a an auto motion setting that's off by default. For those talking animations, just stick to 2k because the animations will never be right without pre-determined two man animations (Mike Wang magic)
Spoiler

# 66 King_B_Mack @ 04/14/14 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Your posts are kind of reckless man! EA has more to prove then the other company. They need to gain trust back from the community again by coming out with a basketball game that is worthy of a 60 dollar purchase. I almost always root for the underdog, but they have to give an effort for me to root for them. Lets see if they finally give us that effort with Live 15. Until then everyone will be careful with the early info they put out to not be tricked again.
They both have to gain back trust from the community, so honestly that point doesn't even mean anything at this point in time.

# 67 balljonesjr @ 04/14/14 12:47 AM
live updates before madden this early?

# 68 Lovesports @ 04/14/14 01:50 AM
Yet another gimmick. We all know it'll look nothing like that, but as usual EA got people talking. A+ for the marketing crew.

# 69 NicVirtue @ 04/14/14 02:30 AM
Not falling for that. Sorry. They can show me screen shots until the end of time. I will assume it's all lies until the game actually comes out. Not catching me with that bait and switch again.

# 70 shutdown10 @ 04/14/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
They both have to gain back trust from the community, so honestly that point doesn't even mean anything at this point in time.

I know both have to earn trust from the community, but Live has more of a tainted rep. Everyone who has been following the two games these past few years know's that Live has more work cut out for them then the other game. You can see that with the majority of comments from this thread, youtube, and video game review sites. I just wanted to make a point to the poster who is not looking in the mirror.

# 71 WTF @ 04/14/14 09:29 AM
How about everyone take a step back, take a breath, and realize that it's April 14. The current season is not even complete, nor are we in the playoffs. One of the heaviest criticisms over the past year is that the game did not look next gen. That in and of itself deterred a lot of people from picking it up this early in their "next gen" consoles life. They want to experience "next gen graphics". What does EA do? They want to show you that they are working on the players, with the scans that they've been taking all year.

Do they have to give any insight on what's going on with Live 15 this early? Nope. It's a gesture of goodwill to show that they are utilizing these scans, and working towards fixing that gripe.

For those of you crying for gameplay and animation... I hate to tell you, but we're a LONG way off from seeing anything like that. I can't recall the last time that a basketball game gave an updated look at the next title this early in the process.

Enjoy it for what it is. For naysayers, no worries, wait until a little closer to release and make a decision. I'm sure they'll have quite a bit to show this year a little later in the cycle. They can't afford not to at this point.

Let's keep this on the screens that are released, the scan technology, etc. Let's not turn this into a bash EA, bash 2k, 2k is better, Live is Crap, 2k is nothing but animations, Live gives you freedom junk argument. Look at the screens, discuss what you like/dislike and move on. Healthy conversations, not bashing one title or another.

Again, it's April. Sometimes we get a hint of information in early June. I'm appreciative of anything, especially when it shows an improvement over what's in the works to fix one of the first major complaints of gamers.

And again, art and gameplay are two separate teams. Don't say "they need to spend their time working on gameplay". Two TOTALLY separate teams.

# 72 Da_Czar @ 04/14/14 09:40 AM
Great post WTF!!!

I think all next gen games should look next gen. So I am excited for what all these face scans mean for live next year. I am hopeful that the player models also receive some work along with animation.

# 73 Mintsa @ 04/14/14 09:47 AM
I have to admit. The graphics of Live 14 made me not want the game. It didn't blow me away at all, it looked like a ps3 game (IN MY OPINION). Now if that's a reason not to want a game, thats for a different discussion. So I agree with WTF that EA knows that the graphics in Live 14 were lacking and is just giving a little taste for next year showing the face scanning technology.

# 74 Bolt957 @ 04/14/14 11:32 AM
Still don't trust EA. This looks nice and all, but are they really going to be able to nail what's really important?

# 75 Conda @ 04/14/14 12:15 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how they got "First Glimpse of NBA Live 15" out of a few raw facial scans.

# 76 wisdom @ 04/14/14 12:17 PM
wt live need to do is game play , game play and~~~~game play .

# 77 King_B_Mack @ 04/14/14 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
After what I read about the NFL handcuffing the Madden devs and telling what they couldn't put in the game, I sort of give EA a break nowadays. I'm not sure if the NBA does the same thing although I wouldn't be surprised.
Come on now. Don't make this excuse for them. They simply have not been doing what they need to do to make a good basketball title. If there were some type of restrictions placed by the NBA on their basketball titles, then it makes EA look even worse that 2K managed to figure out how to make a competent title ages ago and they're still failing miserably.

I like that they'll finally be putting next gen graphics in their next gen title. There's still a lot more work to be done, but this is a good baby step to make in that direction.

# 78 SageInfinite @ 04/14/14 01:59 PM
Gotta see how this translates to in game graphics. Detail is incredible though. Also I hope the presentation of an NBA broadcast is replicated to show off these graphics(extreme closeups and camera cuts like we see on TV).

# 79 TalenT @ 04/14/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
After what I read about the NFL handcuffing the Madden devs and telling what they couldn't put in the game, I sort of give EA a break nowadays. I'm not sure if the NBA does the same thing although I wouldn't be surprised.
While I see where you are coming from I'm sure the NBA doesn't say "EA here are your restrictions: We forbid you to make realistic player models, have true to life animations and simulation gameplay!"

Screens look good though. Definite step in the right direction.

# 80 MarvinOida @ 04/14/14 07:36 PM
It looks great and seems like it has potential, I'll be back once E3 comes around and hope for some gameplay/features announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.