Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

IGN is hosting a livestream of MLB 14 The Show (PS4 version) now.

Hunter Pence of the San Francisco Giants and Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers will battle it out, while Sony San Diego designer, Ramone Russell talks about the game and answers questions.

UPDATE: For those that missed out, here is the replay.

Here is a direct link to the Yasiel Puig vs. Hunter Pence gameplay.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jmkh @ 04/14/14 02:52 PM
"box or x" LOLOLOL

# 62 ryanmc564 @ 04/14/14 02:57 PM
judging by many post here, its a good thing I didn't watch most of the video and didn't have sound turned on. thou I'm am curious on the thing pence was saying.

# 63 tnixen @ 04/14/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
Sure takes a long time to load home run derby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what is up with the loading times?

And where is the broadcast camera for the Home Run derby?

# 64 BigBadTom @ 04/14/14 02:58 PM
Seems that there is still a bit of framerate issues when looking at some of the cutscenes. Also looks like some of the animations were cut off short sometimes when transitioning from running another direction or throwing.

# 65 REDSFAN26 @ 04/14/14 02:58 PM
Again Ryan McCaffrey should have been the guy to host this...massive fail at IGN not to have him there..he knows his sports

Greg is a very casual sports fan, he is awkward cause he is out of his depth with these two ball players...

But seriously, Pence needs to to chill...I thought he was a reasonably relaxed guy, doesn't seem to be from watching this

# 66 chaz526 @ 04/14/14 02:58 PM
"Minnesota, the windy city."

No. Just stop talking.

# 67 torpidbeaver @ 04/14/14 02:58 PM
"Minnesota, the Windy City."

# 68 soxnut1018 @ 04/14/14 03:01 PM
Puig v. Russell.

This is why I tuned in.

# 69 ApolloKids @ 04/14/14 03:03 PM
Didn't this guy just say he's a Chicago sports fan? And he called Minnesota the Windy City.

Out.

# 70 birthday_massacre @ 04/14/14 03:04 PM
Puig is pretty funny when he gets into it

# 71 chaz526 @ 04/14/14 03:04 PM
Did anybody else just notice that Puig homerun hit the facade of the second deck in RCF and it was counted as an out?

# 72 HustlinOwl @ 04/14/14 03:04 PM
Pence model is horrible, how come he's not saying how it looks nothing like him?

# 73 microsales25 @ 04/14/14 03:05 PM
Ramone put in the cheat code.

# 74 Sports fanantic @ 04/14/14 03:06 PM
This host for IGN has lost all his credential, if he ever had one.

# 75 GruffyMcGuiness @ 04/14/14 03:07 PM
That Heyward load screen looked awesome

# 76 HustlinOwl @ 04/14/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
he actually commented that his stance is almost perfect.. and said good job
yea stances are rarely an issue, but model looks nothing like him as he is sitting there lol

# 77 Flaxseed Oil @ 04/14/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
This host for IGN has lost all his credential, if he ever had one.
When he called Minnesota 'The Windy City,' I turned that **** off. Game looks gorgeous. In 3 weeks, hopefully we will have OSFM and the PS4 version of the game and then its time to go to town!

# 78 m1ke_nyc @ 04/14/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
There was nothing edgy about him in this stream, there are many more popular guys they could have picked that spoke english. Name 1 thing that was "EDGY" in this stream, suc ha dumb word to begin with.
Did you not notice him jumping back in his seat getting excited at hits and such ? throwing his arms up ? he jumped up out his seat when he hit that RBI double with himself. Thats what im talking about. He was like a kid. It seems your just hell bent on disagreeing with me for the sake of arguing. You havent disputed a thing I said, your just saying "no hes not". I personally do not care who they chose to play I only wanted to see gameplay. And sure they could have chose other high profile players, maybe they did but got turned down. Either way he was a better choice then the English speaking Pence thats for sure.

# 79 birthday_massacre @ 04/14/14 03:09 PM
wasn't its so real for high heat

# 80 xNeurosiis @ 04/14/14 03:09 PM
A lot of you have obviously never seen these IGN live streams before. If you were expecting ultra-professionalism or whatever then I'm glad you're disappointed. Again, the point of these streams is to show off the game and talk about it - that's all. Also, about the "windy city" comment... Greg was kidding. He's definitely not a sports guy however. Furthermore, Ramone said this isn't a final build of the game. So all the stuttering, long load times, etc... I would attribute those things to that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.