Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

IGN is hosting a livestream of MLB 14 The Show (PS4 version) now.

Hunter Pence of the San Francisco Giants and Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers will battle it out, while Sony San Diego designer, Ramone Russell talks about the game and answers questions.

UPDATE: For those that missed out, here is the replay.

Here is a direct link to the Yasiel Puig vs. Hunter Pence gameplay.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Heroesandvillains @ 04/14/14 04:19 PM
This IGN livestream seems to have brought out the worst of OS...

Being a regular here, I'm actually pretty embarrassed by almost every single one of the posts in this thread.

# 122 spidertour02 @ 04/14/14 04:19 PM
This was pretty unwatchable, and I couldn't get far into it before I closed the tab in my browser.

# 123 Heroesandvillains @ 04/14/14 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
This was pretty unwatchable, and I couldn't get far into it before I closed the tab in my browser.
Well you missed out on the second hour, which seemed tailor made for the hardcore fans.

# 124 seasprite @ 04/14/14 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

Being a regular here, I'm actually pretty embarrassed by almost every single one of the posts in this thread.
Its the same thing every year with every game that has a live feed from IGN or
Machinima.

# 125 duc748s @ 04/14/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I had a good question about field and dirt degradation. I didn't see it aired.
If you watch the stream you can see some "wear" on the base paths. How far it goes? who knows

# 126 Russell_SCEA @ 04/14/14 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
Ramone should have made sure that the setting were the same for both. Puig is playing at easier setting than Pence and Pence doesn't play The Show, Puig does. So, in my view Pence is taking this well.

All the Puig haters...just stop. He is actually playing well and being a gentleman gamer. He is representing his team and sport well

I had to stop watching as it was too painful. IGN man-baby host was causing me to try and punch my screen

They we're both using the same settings but Pence wanted to use Pulse Pitching and Button accuracy throwing.

P.S. You some of you are taking this live stream way to seriously. It's supposed to be light and fun not serious.

# 127 Flaxseed Oil @ 04/14/14 04:28 PM
I would have beat Pence by 30.

# 128 Madden's Jowels @ 04/14/14 04:29 PM
Quote:

Same lol. I feel the same in every one of the Baseball is Better video threads as well. People take this game serious as cancer and seem to not be able to see the forest from the trees.

# 129 RunN1st @ 04/14/14 04:33 PM
The game looks incredible... the crowd really stood out to me when the commentators were turned off.

Little things I noticed...

-Ball boys and coaches fielding the foul balls.
-Helmet falling off when Crawford slid into second.
-The flags waving in the outfield.
-The incredible looking scoreboard and the level of detail of the outfield fence at Wrigley is incredible!
-Crowd walking about in the outfield (animations done very well).

# 130 ryanmc564 @ 04/14/14 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Same lol. I feel the same in every one of the Baseball is Better video threads as well. People take this game serious as cancer and seem to not be able to see the forest from the trees.
just shows on how good this game really is, it brings out the craziness in people. I could careless who was playing the game. I'm just glad to finally getting to see this game in action, and it looks fantastic!!!!!

# 131 spidertour02 @ 04/14/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Well you missed out on the second hour, which seemed tailor made for the hardcore fans.
Hmm. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan, but that sounds promising -- I'll go check it out. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: I'm glad I listened to you! Once Ramone takes over, the video is pretty great.

# 132 duc748s @ 04/14/14 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
They we're both using the same settings but Pence wanted to use Pulse Pitching and Button accuracy throwing.
OMG...Did the king just speak to me. I am not worthy

Thanks for clearing that up. From the way Pence was going on it seemed like he didn't know what the settings were or how to use them, which is understandable as he is not a gamer/Show player (it seems, at least not like Puig). So if he chose them, did he just get in over his head? or playing it up to make the whooping Puig gave him look better?

BTW - not serious^^^...I think it was great for both those guys to take time out of their busy schedules to play/promote the game. Thanks for getting them for the stream

# 133 ShowTyme15 @ 04/14/14 04:41 PM
Anyone notice the Dodgers 3B coach walked over and started to pick up the foul ball before they skipped ahead?

# 134 tnixen @ 04/14/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Anyone notice the Dodgers 3B coach walked over and started to pick up the ball before they skipped ahead?
Shoot I must have missed that.

# 135 Will I Am @ 04/14/14 04:56 PM
Well I can see it's still far to easy to go opposite field for a hr.

# 136 tnixen @ 04/14/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
WOW that pic is amazing, and some said they cannot see the diff between ps3 and ps4 LOL. go see an eye doctor fast.
Is that the teams flags for the standings I see?

# 137 ryanmc564 @ 04/14/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Is that the teams flags for the standings I see?
that picture really makes it hard to tell if its from real life or the show.

# 138 nemss316 @ 04/14/14 05:10 PM
Woohoo! Some great videos of Busch III in that second hour. Greg really toned it down in the 2nd half, which was great to see.

# 139 decga @ 04/14/14 05:16 PM
I give IGN an A+ for the effort. It was great idea, but quick counts are not for everyone. It was very basic gameplay.. I watched the first stream and was cutoff Pence vs. Puig about maybe 5minutes

# 140 tnixen @ 04/14/14 05:24 PM
This must not be the final build because the Batter, balls, strikes and outs are missing from the wrigley field scoreboard. Also I hope they are white and not yellow finally

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.