Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is in stores today for PS3 and 360. After you play a few matches, please post your impressions. Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL™ ON SHELVES TODAY IN NORTH AMERICA

Fans Can Now Experience All The Fun, Excitement, And Drama Of Football’s Greatest Event

Electronic Arts Inc. today unveiled their most immersive EA SPORTS™ tournament title ever, EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, now available in stores throughout North America. Complete with 11 Game Modes, 21 new stadiums, 7,469 players, 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA®, and one hundred new football animations, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup is now available for Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Gameplay innovations and new features make EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil authentic to the tournament experience. All new in-mode training session, adidas® micoach Training allows fans to improve player attributes as the tournament progresses by competing in 18 different drills that can enhance everything from pace to shooting. New Penalty Kicks and Set Piece Tactics change the way the game is played from dead ball situations. Penalty Kicks feel dramatic and rewarding with new save animations, shot tuning, and Goalkeeper Antics, while Set Piece Tactics put fans in control of the runs their teammates take by using the directional pad and choosing one of four preset plays. Other innovations to the franchise’s award-winning* gameplay includes improvements made to passing, dribbling, and player movement that were implemented to showcase the world class talent that will be on display at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.

“This summer’s tournament in Brazil promises to be one of the most colorful and exciting FIFA World Cups we’ve ever seen,” said Mat Prior, Lead Producer, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. “The game we’ve created will give fans a chance to feel the excitement, drama, and flare of the tournament whether they choose to play offline against friends or online against people from all over the world.”

A new design feature Patriotic Presentation implements newly-rendered 3D crowds, cut scenes from celebrations all over the world, and hundreds of flags and banners to bring the sights and sounds of Brazil directly to fans’ homes. Commentary in nine languages, a new soundtrack with 34 tracks, and EA SPORTS Talk Radio** highlight a fully featured audio package to help shape the theme and narrative of the tournament. EA SPORTS Talk Radio, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), is available in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ and Captain your Country, contains over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action.

EA SPORTS Football Club will make it easy for fans of the franchise to continue their experience by making members’ existing XP and Football Club Credits available to use in the catalogue of EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. The EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue will be stocked with new and exciting tournament content like Historic FIFA World Cup™ Kits, new celebrations, adidas® footballs, an EA SPORTS FIFA Classic XI team, an adidas® All-Star team, and many other items. For more information and to buy the game, fans can visit http://www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup/buy.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 101 racerx @ 06/03/14 08:48 PM
It looks like the latest roster update is out. Just downloaded it.

# 102 Scarlleter @ 06/04/14 05:44 AM
The 2014 world cup is coming soon, Brazil will be busy.

# 103 dontdoit @ 06/04/14 05:32 PM
does anyone have problems with US roster in world cup mode? it only happens with the updated roster, like i cannot switch the players and when i put the real 23 players are left out.

ex: for the update that just came i went to play world cup mode with the real 23, and Bedoya and Rimmando were automatically left off and Boyd and Donovan were put in there place.

# 104 BullsClips @ 06/04/14 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdoit
does anyone have problems with US roster in world cup mode? it only happens with the updated roster, like i cannot switch the players and when i put the real 23 players are left out.

ex: for the update that just came i went to play world cup mode with the real 23, and Bedoya and Rimmando were automatically left off and Boyd and Donovan were put in there place.
I've had the same problem, and it is extremely frustrating. It also seems to be rather random, I've tried it like 10-15 times and gotten different results of random non-23 roster players on the roster when you finish your selection.

# 105 juand @ 06/04/14 09:41 PM
Get the same thing with Colombia. The last four on the roster are cut off. In their place I get the 4th string goalie, and 3 players who did not make the team.

# 106 BullsClips @ 06/05/14 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juand
Get the same thing with Colombia. The last four on the roster are cut off. In their place I get the 4th string goalie, and 3 players who did not make the team.
As an update, it appears they have fixed the 23-man roster issue. I was able to successfully select my 23-man roster without the bug resurfacing late last night. Hope it is working now for everyone else as well.

# 107 shupirate98 @ 06/05/14 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsClips
As an update, it appears they have fixed the 23-man roster issue. I was able to successfully select my 23-man roster without the bug resurfacing late last night. Hope it is working now for everyone else as well.
I did indeed get it to work last night when entering the World Cup Finals mode. Would be really, really curious if it now works in the full World Cup (qualifying) mode. Going through the whole qualifying process and then having 5 backup goalies added to my squad for the World Cup is not something I'm interested in. Haven't even started playing the mode yet while waiting for this to get fixed.

# 108 canesfins @ 06/05/14 12:11 PM
Maybe this is the right thread to ask this question.

I'm a big fan of the World Cup and Euro Cup but not a big fan of all the club teams. Should I get fifa 14 or fifa World Cup? The only reason I ask this question is because fifa World Cup I been reading some bad reviews on it.

# 109 racerx @ 06/05/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Maybe this is the right thread to ask this question.

I'm a big fan of the World Cup and Euro Cup but not a big fan of all the club teams. Should I get fifa 14 or fifa World Cup? The only reason I ask this question is because fifa World Cup I been reading some bad reviews on it.
Canes,
Basically it boils down to this, there are 203 National Teams in Fifa World Cup, where you can take through the qualifying and World Cup mode. In Fifa 14 there are 57 of them, where you can play only friendlies with them, unless you are picked to manage a international team in Career mode.

I am enjoying Fifa World Cup, I am not a big soccer fan so maybe I am just taking it at face value and having fun with it.

# 110 dickey1331 @ 06/05/14 01:56 PM
I love the World Cup game. I would get that game since you don't like club teams and like national teams.

# 111 juand @ 06/05/14 11:27 PM
I am avoiding playing a full qualification mode until they fix the decreasing player attributes glitch. Every time I've tried, James Rodriguez has gone down from like an 83 OVR to like a 78 by the 2nd qualifers game! It's a deal breaker in my opinion

# 112 inkcil @ 06/06/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juand
I am avoiding playing a full qualification mode until they fix the decreasing player attributes glitch. Every time I've tried, James Rodriguez has gone down from like an 83 OVR to like a 78 by the 2nd qualifers game! It's a deal breaker in my opinion
Having a lot of fun with the demo and considering picking this up...

Is there perhaps a setting for "ongoing fatigue" that is maybe having this impact on the form?

# 113 juand @ 06/07/14 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Having a lot of fun with the demo and considering picking this up...

Is there perhaps a setting for "ongoing fatigue" that is maybe having this impact on the form?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure its just a glitch and players decrease ratings even when in top form.

Aside from the little things like this, the game is great and I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting it.

# 114 comet013 @ 06/07/14 02:54 PM
It seems only players that are in the starting XI have the form drop glitch. So if you put your starting XI that you are going to use on the bench and put reserves in the XI it keeps your top players in form. When you about to start the match just place the players back in the starting XI.

# 115 Bashar @ 06/08/14 09:44 AM
Anyone else has problem with Mexico in RTWC mode. Game freezing when play Mexico home match, also if play away match against Mexico.
I have no problems before the latest Squad update.

# 116 dipatach @ 06/08/14 01:36 PM
Just got the game today. Very disappointed to see so many teams with generic jerseys. I purchased this game to play with the obscure teams and those teams visually don't look good

# 117 wjmooner @ 06/09/14 12:03 PM
The roster glitch still is there on my 360. I downloaded the most recent roster updates, and was so excited (sarcasm) to have Julian Green and his 63OVR rating instead of Landon Donovan and his 79OVR on the USMNT. I then started up a new World Cup, made no roster changes, and ended up with Donovan, Boyd, and a couple others who aren't on the team.

Same glitch when you try to make changes to the roster as well. In fact, it wouldn't even let me swap out the final four spots. Somehow in moving guys around I ended up without a backup goalie due to the glitch in one tournament.

So annoying. Seems as though it should be a simple error to fix. Worked fine on WC 2010 (and FIFA 13 and 14 for that matter with the national teams).

# 118 soccer2014 @ 06/09/14 05:52 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the post about World Cup. Just a tip about those who don't live in countries that stream world cup online. You can use UnoTelly to remove the geoblock and stream World Cup 2014 in your country free https://worldcup.unotelly.com

# 119 aussie_pride @ 06/10/14 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Anyone else has problem with Mexico in RTWC mode. Game freezing when play Mexico home match, also if play away match against Mexico.
I have no problems before the latest Squad update.
Yep its not just Mexico! Its with a whole heap of home teams and it occurs when you play in the Amsterdam Arena! goisles01 made this post about it which sums it up
"The latest roster updates have caused a game crippling bug, at least in "Road to World Cup" mode. Some countries default home stadium has defaulted to "Amsterdam Arena". When you click on "play match" the game will freeze deader than dead. When your countries home arena is "Amsterdam", and you're not the Netherlands, you can't play any home qualifiers or friendlies or any road matches that have the bug. You can find out which match has the bug by viewing the calendar. If a match shows time and stadium then its safe to be played, if it doesn't it shouldn't be played under any circumstance unless you like hard resets. This is a list of countries that I found to have the bug so far...

Argentina
Mexico
Italy
Chile
Honduras
Ghana

I found that simulating through the matches works, but this makes the game unplayable and absolutely needs to be fixed."

Does anyone know when a patch is going to be released?

# 120 ali.chila @ 06/12/14 03:24 AM
any squad update released after 3 june?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.