Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The official trailer for the Playstation 4 version of MLB 14 The Show is now live on the internet for your viewing pleasure. The video shows off several aspects of next-gen, much of it looking incredibly good.

From the official PR out of Sony: "We know there’s a great deal of anticipation to witness the next generation of baseball video games, and we’re proud to unveil the first trailer for MLB 14 The Show on PS4. We've also included a bunch of screenshot captures from the video here.

On display are the completely rebuilt stadiums, the redone lighting engine (check out the self-shadowing at night), vastly more detailed crowds, grass and player hair rendered down to the last blade/strand, and much more. Plus, since all three versions of MLB 14 The Show (PS3, PS4, and PS Vita) support cross save functionality, anyone who already picked up this year’s game will be able to easily carry their progress over to PS4 when it launches."

What do you spot in the trailer that piques your interest?

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 thaSLAB @ 04/17/14 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
...and 4 strikeouts with 1 out in the first.

Must be an early build.
Looks like scenarios were being set up using developer tools is all.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

# 122 ryanmc564 @ 04/17/14 05:43 PM
My favorite part about this screenshot is the lighting hitting only certain spots of the crowd

# 123 angelstrout @ 04/17/14 06:27 PM
Omg the Blue Jays blue finallyyyyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 124 angelstrout @ 04/17/14 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
That is a travesty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys again Trout doesn't want to be part of MLB The Show as a promotional guy, he turned them down. No way in hell does the Show advertises Trout if he doesn't want to.

# 125 LastActionHero @ 04/17/14 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Why did he do that? No biggie tho, I could careless, that's just interesting that he turned it down, usually most athletes love the glitz and glam of being famous and a chance to grow their popularity.

He only has an Xbox One.

# 126 Aeonix01 @ 04/17/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Why did he do that? No biggie tho, I could careless, that's just interesting that he turned it down, usually most athletes love the glitz and glam of being famous and a chance to grow their popularity.

Just ask Subway

# 127 jcmreds @ 04/17/14 07:16 PM
Damn you May 6th hurry up and get here.

# 128 Factzzz @ 04/17/14 07:35 PM
Anyone feel like the Red Sox red is too burgundy?

# 129 Factzzz @ 04/17/14 07:45 PM
Seems like every red looks kind of burgundy to me, is it just me?

# 130 OUSOONERS#1 @ 04/17/14 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreator
Seems like every red looks kind of burgundy to me, is it just me?

Does look little darker could be the lighting because to me the game looks alot darker from all perspectives from every screen shot and video ive seen ..

# 131 bp4baseball @ 04/17/14 07:55 PM
Red is the new blue

# 132 OUSOONERS#1 @ 04/17/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Red is the new blue
I know your jus kidding but there is to many teams in mlb that wear red for them to get that colour wrong ..

# 133 Factzzz @ 04/17/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Does look little darker could be the lighting because to me the game looks alot darker from all perspectives from every screen shot and video ive seen ..
I don't think it's the lighting though, because no other colors look off, only red. I assume if it was lighting, all the colors would look a bit off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Red is the new blue
Loll yeah, except it's not just one team this time around, it's all teams with red seemingly. Hopefully there's still enough time for the team to do something about it.

# 134 Jasong7777 @ 04/17/14 08:12 PM
Taking May 6 off.

# 135 Dude731 @ 04/17/14 09:17 PM
Always hard to tell with these things but did anybody else notice andrelton Simmons still has the giant head/weird face? Hope thats corrected for the final build

# 136 SoxFan01605 @ 04/17/14 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreator
I don't think it's the lighting though, because no other colors look off, only red. I assume if it was lighting, all the colors would look a bit off.

Loll yeah, except it's not just one team this time around, it's all teams with red seemingly. Hopefully there's still enough time for the team to do something about it.
I know this guy is banned (PBU?) and people like to joke about nitpicking and all that, but he had a point about the reds in these pics. Certainly not as dramatic as the difference in blue was for Toronto, but they do seem "off" across the board.

That said, The Show's reds have always been mostly on point and I see no reason why they'd randomly change them, so I'll wait to see it on my TV before I worry.

# 137 Hockeynut99 @ 04/17/14 10:00 PM
I keep thinking of Ice T "colors" when you guys are talking about the red not the right red color or the blue is to dark.

The game sure looks smooth!

# 138 vegasmike @ 04/17/14 10:08 PM
should be a awesome ps4 "the little things" thread

# 139 zfarrow @ 04/17/14 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
looking at Napoli during tonights Sox game, and something hit me. There should be 4 (FOUR) jersey templates.

1. Current one
2. One with adjustment for higher numbers with no names
3. One with top buttons undone (and if possible loose part of jersey flaps in the wind/running)
4. One with buttons undone for higher numbers with no names.
5. Jersey with longer sleeves (a la Jayson Werth)

# 140 hazelhood19 @ 04/18/14 12:23 AM
I've always thought the Cardinal red was too dark in previous years. It should be a bright red, but it's more of a blood red.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.