Home
iOOTP 2014 News Post

Out of the Park Developments newest mobile baseball management game, iOOTP Baseball 2014, is now available in the App Store to download at a price of $4.99.

Here are some key features in this year's release:
  • Real 2014 rosters. Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system today.
  • Player Editor. You can edit everything from names and biographical information to hitting, fielding, and pitching ratings.
  • Improved AI, including a direct port of the new player evaluation AI from OOTP 15
  • Retina display support
  • iOS 7 support (iOS 4.3 is the minimum required)
  • Various other improvements and fixes
  • Three Game modes (Major Leagues, Fictional Leagues, Historical Leagues)
  • Ability to set lineups, rotations, depth charts, more
  • Minor League Prospects
  • Play-by-play Text Stream
  • In-Depth Finances
We just added four new screenshots from iOOTP Baseball 2014 onto our site, you can see them all here.

iOOTP Baseball 2014 screenshot gallery - Click to view iOOTP Baseball 2014 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: iOOTP Baseball 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: iPad / iPhoneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 JeremyB @ 04/17/14 05:24 PM
I purchased it today plan on playing around more later. I see you can buy older seasons also but I don't see the price of them?

# 2 Brandwin @ 04/17/14 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyB
I purchased it today plan on playing around more later. I see you can buy older seasons also but I don't see the price of them?

Link
Quote:
You can purchase more historical seasons through in-app purchases. (Historical seasons are $0.99 each, 10 for $4.99, or all seasons dating back to 1901 for $19.99.) Real players show up according to history as you play forward, assuming you own those seasons.

# 3 JeremyB @ 04/17/14 05:44 PM
Cheers, I appreciate that

# 4 happyloaf @ 04/17/14 09:32 PM
Can I import my franchise from last year? I'm like 6 years in and don't want to start over.

# 5 Redskinsfan26 @ 04/18/14 04:37 PM
Is this the best MLB game on the app store?

# 6 Alistair @ 04/27/14 07:57 AM
Anyone played this yet? Is it worth the $7 to have a fun mobile game, or is it better to just buy 2015 for my Mac and focus on that?

# 7 Brandwin @ 04/27/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
Anyone played this yet? Is it worth the $7 to have a fun mobile game, or is it better to just buy 2015 for my Mac and focus on that?
I think the mobile game is great and it's not as overwhelming because there aren't as many options, but if I was choosing between mobile or PC version, PC version for sure.

PC version is $40, mobile is only $5 though.

# 8 Alistair @ 04/28/14 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I think the mobile game is great and it's not as overwhelming because there aren't as many options, but if I was choosing between mobile or PC version, PC version for sure.

PC version is $40, mobile is only $5 though.
Thanks. I ended up buying the mobile version, purely because I'll have more time to play it than I would on a computer (plus, my time will be taken up by The Show soon enough!)

A dozen or so games into my season and I really like how it plays. Lots of fun, lots of detail and well worth the purchase.

# 9 chilidogbeefcake @ 04/29/14 03:06 PM
How immersive is this game? Like would u say its 50% as fun as the PC version or what

# 10 chilidogbeefcake @ 04/29/14 03:31 PM
Also, if I download iootp 14 can I play the same save on my iPhone and iPad

# 11 Alistair @ 05/05/14 08:05 PM
A week later and I'm hardly enthusiastic about investing too much time in this game...

My ERA/WHIP after 20 games:

Ryu 5.10/1.53
Greinke 6.00/1.40
Beckett 11.00/2.33
Jansen 5.79/1.93
Perez 7.71/2.14
Rodriguez 9.95/1.58
Wright 7.94/2.12

Ranked 4th last in MLB for strike-outs
Ranked last in NL for ERA (2 more than any other team)
Ranked 3rd last in NL for walks

And pitching strategy is not exactly rocket science.

"Pitch" or "Pitch Around" - yet even throwing straight at home plate with one of baseball's best arms results in walk after walk.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.