Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.11 is available now, weighing in at 400 MB. The official announcement is here, or you can read it below.

Online Changes:
  • Community Challenges: Walks earned during the first situation will reset after the first pitch during the second situation.
  • Community Challenges: Gameplay ceases when user enters the bullpen after a flyout (but before the play ends).
  • Online: Community Challenges: The pitcher is switched back to the default pitcher when user edits a situation in which the pitcher was changed.
  • Community Challenges: Set scores are displayed incorrectly on the pause menu scoreboard.
  • Online: Diamond Dynasty: Fixed an issue that caused certain pages of DD league leaders to be blank. Pitchers were working, but position players were not.
  • Diamond Dynasty: Quitting or conceding incorrectly displayed a Win under Game History.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed out/safe calls for tag outs.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed hang when hitting select pitch and practice swing at the same time.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed auto-pitch delays not getting reset upon pitcher input.
  • Online Gameplay: Fixed User hits a ground ball towards the SS, Title asserts/crashes for the offensive player as runners come into their respective bases.
  • Online Gameplay: Diving after a ball in the infield was cause the game to hang very rarely.
  • Online Gameplay: Pitcher freez when batter Hitting Interface is set to Pure Analog or Zone Plus Analog and the batter steals early with a baserunner.
  • Online Gameplay: Issue where the runner would sometimes run past a bag instead of sliding is fixed.
  • Online Gameplay: First baseman warping back to bag on a bunt down first base line.
  • Online Gameplay: Accessing the Quick menu after substituting a player breaks the users on-screen-display.
  • Online Gameplay: Both users in a Head to Head match would lose Pause menu functionality if a pitcher is put in to game too quickly after a pitcher is ejected from game.
  • Online Gameplay: After a pitcher is scheduled to be put in has come in, the offensive player would receive a pitch before seeing the presentation for them coming into the game.
  • Online Gameplay: Game Log displays multiple text regarding pitchers in bullpen after each pitch during Online Exhibition.
  • Online Gameplay: The Box Score Pitching stats are not tracking correctly. Player stats syncs were resetting pitcher stats.
  • Universal Profile: Fixed issue where hits on last 3 appearances in the universal profile would show the home teams hits for both teams.
  • Online Franchise: User accepting a franchise challenge would freeze if other user backs out.
  • Online: Accessing positioning or substitution options from the quick menu caused a stagnant pause timer to remain on screen during gameplay.
  • Sportscast Live: The player name displayed as the pitcher was incorrect.
  • Vaults: Title would hang on an error message when the User attempts to upload a Logo, Slider, or Roster with a name that has less than 5 characters when on a description selector.
  • Online: Exhibition and Game Room games are affecting Rating correctly in all situations now.
  • Online: Fix for player search options being allowed in offseason. If they are used, the next season could hang.
Offline Changes:
  • Back to Back trophy incorrectly unlocked after hitting a home run then calling for time with the next batter.
  • Fix for base coach playing incorrect version of fair ball call. Base coach was trying to do too many things at once.
  • Substitution screen: BRA text (Base Running Ability) has been replaced with STL (Steal ability).
  • With Playerlock on, defensive substitutions did not function. You could go through the operation of attempting to sub teammates, but nothing would happen, the situation would be simmed through, and gameplay would continue.
  • Incorrect SCORER where design calls for PITCH_COUNT totals in LAD jumbotron.
  • Miller Park - Milwaukee Brewers Franchise/Season: During a game at Miller Park, player info stat normally displayed on the Jumbtron during their initial at-bat could appear incorrect or not noteworthy. Fixed some grammar and added some more conditions to prevent un-interestinginformation from being displayed.
  • RTTS - Player Performance Evaluator for 'pitch type' bar graphic is inaccurate while attempting to play 1 full year.
  • RTTS: "Reset" did not function after changing page tabs in the Training screen resulting in loss of points with no increase in attribute.
  • Player Search contract remaining min/max text was too long.
  • Runner that reaches first on throwing error would sometimes get counted as a run.
  • Allow fielding errors in fielding training modes.
  • Include pre-pitch misses and phantom catches to conditions for 3Bman to set up for cut off to home cut off infield grass.
  • Catcher did not animate correctly when catching for an Intentional Walk.
  • Leading off or stepping back will cancel a queued up steal attempt.
  • RTTS/Lock-On: Title will soft lock when User calls for a pick off when RTTS 2B/SS is not near the base they are calling the pick off to.
  • Quick count balance and tuning- Tracking/accounting fix for balls/strikes and total pitch count, changes to the AI’s ball/strike frequency for smarter strategy, balance changes related to the power swing fix.
  • Manager mode quick counts - Too many strikes were being thrown.
  • Fixed issues with pitchers that pitch from the stretch with no runners on base.
  • Fixed issue causing ball-boy to use a full run instead of a jog when running to dead ball catches.
  • Fixed an issue causing a runner on 3rd to try to go home on a bunt when the catcher was fielding the ball right next to the line and could easily tag him out.
  • Added head tilt constraint to improve the head angle when a pitcher looks back at a runner on 2nd base.
  • Average runners have better steal success than before. This is a small change, but there are a lot of close plays getting them tagged out. The effect is pronounced when playing against certain pitchers, and for these pitchers the runners were being capped from getting their best jump (compared to last year).
  • In Manage Only Mode, opposing teams would never sac bunt.
  • Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox): Night and Day capacity numbers were switched.
  • Season/Franchise: When toggling through teams on Free Agents list, the background color does not change to match selected team's colors.
  • RTTS Showcase: An out of place Right Stick icon appeared in the mode header after accessing the Universal Profile. We didn't handle the Showcase play mode.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/23/14 04:56 PM
A potential prospects don't sign long term team friendly deals any longer. I think budgets still raise too high relative to the contracts that are handed out.

I see teams that are in rebuild mode to start the franchise and stay that way through the offseason into the next season.

Sim steals look real good now too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 62 BrianU @ 04/23/14 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
A potential prospects don't sign long term team friendly deals any longer. I think budgets still raise too high relative to the contracts that are handed out.

I see teams that are in rebuild mode to start the franchise and stay that way through the offseason into the next season.

Does that mean it's good enough to where you don't have to manually go through the league and offer A potential guys 1 year contracts as you recommended before?

The rebuild mode, is that different from how it behaved before? I did see teams offering those 3 minor leaguers for a good MLB player deals much earlier in the year (April/May). I forget who exactly but I think they were actually good teams that were doing it. I still hate the trade logic but I check those manually anyways.

Steals are great. My only issues remaining with sim stats are Complete games and Shutouts way too high but maybe we need them to be that way to get the rest of the pitching stats looking good as they do. There is a bug in the league leaders screen hopefully they will fix it next patch if we are so fortunate: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aders-bug.html

# 63 nemesis04 @ 04/23/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detfan
Anyone seeing this check swing issue? So far I've been called out by the 1st base umpire on check swings that aren't even close. Like this one. This is literally where I stopped the swing and they're calling me out for this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a problem with the appeal portion of the game. I had to turn it off. You will get rung up on those type of swings.

# 64 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/23/14 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Does that mean it's good enough to where you don't have to manually go through the league and offer A potential guys 1 year contracts as you recommended before?

The rebuild mode, is that different from how it behaved before? I did see teams offering those 3 minor leaguers for a good MLB player deals much earlier in the year (April/May). I forget who exactly but I think they were actually good teams that were doing it. I still hate the trade logic but I check those manually anyways.

Steals are great. My only issues remaining with sim stats are Complete games and Shutouts way too high but maybe we need them to be that way to get the rest of the pitching stats looking good as they do. There is a bug in the league leaders screen hopefully they will fix it next patch if we are so fortunate: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aders-bug.html
I don't think a team should go into rebuild until at least june. Then should reset at the end of the season. I think in the past it was June or July that team strategies changed.

You no longer have to give each player a one year deal the CPU does it auto.

Year 2 budget increases are more reasonable highest I think I saw was 17% in year 2. Year one still had 39% increases and Yankees had 115 million in room the start of season 2 and were still in rebuild mode.

Edit: year 2 I have seen some long term deals slip through Wil Myers signed a 5 year deal at 1.1 a year.

# 65 aukevin @ 04/23/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Never been in this position before, but my only connection to the net right now is through my phone. My question is, is there any way to download the patch on my phone then transfer it to my ps3 then be able to apply the patch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Can you turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot and then connect your PS3 to that?

# 66 KMRblue1027 @ 04/23/14 05:12 PM
I'm assuming there's no Vita patch?

# 67 Cubs1984Nostaglia @ 04/23/14 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There is a problem with the appeal portion of the game. I had to turn it off. You will get rung up on those type of swings.
I did the same thing

# 68 Splitter77 @ 04/23/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs1984Nostaglia
....You are going to skip this fantastic game just because of that cam that only operates 20-30% of the homers? That's a little silly
yup.
i still play the show 12 with fictional rosters.
i didnt get it last year either.
only reason i was gonna get it this year was because you could transfer files.

# 69 Heroesandvillains @ 04/23/14 06:07 PM
Quote:

Could you run the same sim in a pre-patch save file to see if it works this way when updating a Franchise already in progress?

# 70 Scribe1980 @ 04/23/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
The more I play the more pickoffs bother me. I compare it to the real life game and I just don't see what happens in the game happening on TV. Speed guys in real life are able to take a big lead without the risk of being picked off. It is like a cat and mouse game that doesnt exist in The Show. In The Show if you take even a small 1 step extra lead you get nailed. I have to use Eric Young Jr the same as I use Daniel Murphy on the bases in terms of leads, it's just weird. I feel the Steal ability and/or speed ratings should have more of an impact on whether the base runner gets picked off with a lead. It appears as if it is irrelevant.
This. Killing the run game in chise for both human and CPU.

# 71 sroz39 @ 04/23/14 06:22 PM
Quote:
I don't think a team should go into rebuild until at least june. Then should reset at the end of the season. I think in the past it was June or July that team strategies changed.

You no longer have to give each player a one year deal the CPU does it auto.

Year 2 budget increases are more reasonable highest I think I saw was 17% in year 2. Year one still had 39% increases and Yankees had 115 million in room the start of season 2 and were still in rebuild mode.

Edit: year 2 I have seen some long term deals slip through Wil Myers signed a 5 year deal at 1.1 a year.

I have no problem with teams starting and finishing MANY seasons in Rebuild mode. No fan of the Astros, Twins, Cubs and others would tell you their teams were in anything but rebuild mode to start this season. And they started last year the same way. And will probably start next year that way too.

And whenever Ruben Amaro Jr accepts reality, the Phillies will also face multiple seasons of what could be considered rebuilding.

I quite like this and think its realistic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 72 snaz16 @ 04/23/14 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs1984Nostaglia
I did the same thing
Definitely turn it off. You will still get rung up by the home plate ump a realistic amount of times. Seems like a fair balance to me.

# 73 Cubs1984Nostaglia @ 04/23/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaz16
Definitely turn it off. You will still get rung up by the home plate ump a realistic amount of times. Seems like a fair balance to me.

Yup I turned it off. So much better.

# 74 snaz16 @ 04/23/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Sorry, but I don't know - I'm running QC games in CPU vs CPU and you can't see the pitcher's stamina.

They reached 100 later than the 6th - more like the 7th or 8th unless they were getting hit hard.
I turned down the foul balls slider 2 notches for me and CPU and had reasonable pitch counts. That was pre patch , haven't DL'd the patch yet so I might need to readjust.

# 75 Cavicchi @ 04/23/14 06:37 PM
Is auto baserunning only like last year or is there the added AI will steal for you?

# 76 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/23/14 07:03 PM
Never mind...

# 77 MaverickAZ @ 04/23/14 07:12 PM
I really like the quick counts option, however, after renting game a few times (waiting for ps4 version), I got really frustrated with pitch counts getting to 100 by the 5th inning way too often

getting 1st pitch outs is pretty common, especially if a team is pressing at the plate. Would be nice if, based off certain scenarios, a 0-0 count option would sporadically happen. Giving you chance to get a 1st pitch out

Was really hoping to see that in a patch

# 78 DarthRambo @ 04/23/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAZ
I really like the quick counts option, however, after renting game a few times (waiting for ps4 version), I got really frustrated with pitch counts getting to 100 by the 5th inning way too often

getting 1st pitch outs is pretty common, especially if a team is pressing at the plate. Would be nice if, based off certain scenarios, a 0-0 count option would sporadically happen. Giving you chance to get a 1st pitch out

Was really hoping to see that in a patch
Yeah that would have been nice to see a rare 0-0 count to start, I agree. The only game I played with the patch I hit 100 in the 7th inning. Still felt the same though with the amount of 3-2 counts I was seeing which was disappointing.

I'll have to play and keep tally of the QC generated counts and compare to the numbers I was seeing pre-patch. I'd like to be able to throw a complete game in under 125 pitches. Idk if its ever possible to be under 135-140 with QC however. SP stamina slider has to be increased for sure at least to 7 IMO

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 79 RojoCube @ 04/23/14 09:05 PM
Did they seriously add a ball boy? He was never there before. They list of updated things suggests he was always there.

# 80 mmorg @ 04/23/14 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoCube
Did they seriously add a ball boy? He was never there before. They list of updated things suggests he was always there.
The ball boy is in the ps4 version. So a few of us are wondering if this patch applies to the ps4 version as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.