Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The folks at Sony have released a brand new video detailing the new features and enhancements in MLB 14 The Show on PlayStation 4. Here are some highlights from the video:
  • Player lock is done before a game in the lineup screen in exhibition and before you start your season in season based mode.
  • Manager mode and sportscast manager modes are in the game as well.
  • Manage mode in season based modes allows you to select pitch strategies for each at-bat: pitch around, pitch aggressive, low, high, inside, outside, high and in, high and away, low and in, low and away.
  • Offensively you can have batters take the pitch, do a hit and run, sacrifice bunt, bunt for hit, and pinch hit.
  • In Sportscast Manager, you can manage the game before jumping in later in the action. Quick counts and player lock are both available when jumping into a game.
  • The new information bar at the bottom shows info from your franchise mode or real MLB games, depending on what mode you are in.
All in all the video didn't reveal much that was new, but offers plenty of glimpses at the gameplay coming our way in a week! What did you think of the video?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 pirates1fan @ 04/28/14 12:47 PM
May 6th just needs to get here. Anyone every try sleeping about 180 hours? I am seriously considering it.

# 42 pirates1fan @ 04/28/14 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Although impossible to do it, you can force your body to try to stay up 7 days, but I dont think you can force your body to sleep for 7 days.
Haha, well has anyone ever tried? I am seriously just kidding, but I am just very anxious for next Tuesday.

# 43 ty5oke @ 04/28/14 12:58 PM
Not what I was hoping for but oh well. Thanks for the clarification.

# 44 angelstrout @ 04/28/14 01:06 PM
Jayson Werth omg this is looking insane! The Jays blue wow, I'm thinking of playing my season with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 45 potsey7 @ 04/28/14 01:45 PM
Thank goodness for Quick Counts. Because with all the pausing I'll be doing to look at replays and stadiums on this beautiful games, it will already take me forever to get through a game! Great job SCEA, way to set the industry standard on Next-Gen (and old-gen too by the way).

# 46 MichaelAngeloTMNT @ 04/28/14 02:18 PM
How sweet was that Davis Home Run? Looked so smooth and even Dickey looked amazed at it.

# 47 Shaffer26 @ 04/28/14 02:19 PM
My goodness, that Chris Davis homer run clip was absolutely stunning! Can't freaking wait!

# 48 ShowTyme15 @ 04/28/14 02:31 PM
Video looked awesome. Too bad Tampa Bay's stadium renovations didn't make it in(Using them in Franchise mode this year). Minor gripe I can live with. Nonetheless 1 week to go fellas.

# 49 burjeffton @ 04/28/14 02:35 PM
The combination of the Dynamic Camera with the upgraded crowds and stadiums are amazing when putting a ball in play. It's a fantastic example of how gameplay, lighting and graphics can come together.

The whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts.

# 50 ShowTyme15 @ 04/28/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
That's disappointing to hear. Not a big deal though. Game will still be beautiful as hell.
Yeah, but like people said it could be an early build so I still have some hope. It is what it is. It's at the 24 second mark where the show the Trop in case you wanted to see it. Looks really nice man.

# 51 areobee401 @ 04/28/14 02:37 PM
Boy, does this game look sexy or what. I'm going to abuse the PS4share feature like crazy.

# 52 Jakeness23 @ 04/28/14 02:41 PM
I really hope next year they work on running and swinging animations. Everyone having the same running motion whether fast or slow is a bit annoying, especially when it looks kind of robotic. And the Bautista follow through for right handed hitters and the one hand follow through is just ugly. Uniforms could probably use a good face lift too. But come on, those things are so tiny, they just happen to stand out when the rest of the game looks and plays so well.

# 53 jeremym480 @ 04/28/14 03:06 PM
Any word on whether or not the Quick Counts/Sportscast Manager/Player Lock can be toggled on/off while playing an online franchise with others?

Like if one user doesn't have much free time can they get their games in using one of those three while the other users play full games?

# 54 GibsonD90 @ 04/28/14 03:11 PM
I find it hard to believe that Andrelton Simmons would not have gunned Laroche with the cannon of an arm he has... Must be an early build, indeed. Haha.

# 55 HustlinOwl @ 04/28/14 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Any word on whether or not the Quick Counts/Sportscast Manager/Player Lock can be toggled on/off while playing an online franchise with others?

Like if one user doesn't have much free time can they get their games in using one of those three while the other users play full games?
apparently over at TSN Quick Counts is not to be enabled for online and it is a glitch that it is currently an option and will be addressed in an upcoming patch, so not sure if this is for Online Franchise as well considering......

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Moses that don’t support QC, are RTTS, Show Live, and Diamond Dynasty.

PL isn’t in RTTS, Show Live, Diamond Dynasty, and ALL online modes except for Online Franchise (but PL is only functional for vs CPU games).

# 56 LastActionHero @ 04/28/14 03:19 PM
Still waiting for footage of Angel stadium. Think I will have to awe myself when I have the game and play the first game there

# 57 robjoye10 @ 04/28/14 03:21 PM
The new camera angle on that Davis shot is just stunning. I agree about the running though. I wish there were different home run trots. Like maybe incorporate the trots of a few of the most popular guys in the league (Trout, Papi, McCutchen) and then when we do road to the show let us choose the type of trot we want our player to use. That would be nice

# 58 DGuinta1 @ 04/28/14 03:24 PM
Can't wait! These guys never cease to amaze me, SCEA, The Show!

# 59 Blzer @ 04/28/14 03:38 PM
Isn't that Davis home run view available on the PS3 version when you are using the dynamic cam on offense? I could have sworn that it is.

And I don't know what the porch/patio deck at Tropicana Field looks like, but from that one shot of the Trop does it look like it's in? Maybe someone else could show me what's changed there, because I know people have been asking about it.

# 60 ShowTyme15 @ 04/28/14 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Isn't that Davis home run view available on the PS3 version when you are using the dynamic cam on offense? I could have sworn that it is.

And I don't know what the porch/patio deck at Tropicana Field looks like, but from that one shot of the Trop does it look like it's in? Maybe someone else could show me what's changed there, because I know people have been asking about it.
No more windows at Trop. look at the 24 second mark on the trailer and the windows are still in. Still looks good either way, just missing the renovations obviously.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.