Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports today released a new Madden NFL 15 trailer featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers. The trailer shows Kuechly being transformed into what appears to be a vastly improved player model over the models found in Madden NFL 25.

Here's the whole trailer's script:

Quote:
"I'm transforming, into something I never knew I could become.

If you don't know me by now, you will."

The trailer heavily hints at the prospect that Madden has been completely revamped, at least graphically -- but it hints at something even bigger.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on August 26th.

Guess we'll have to wait until June to find out what EA is up to with this year's game, any ideas from you guys?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mestevo @ 04/29/14 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
From a gameplay perspective?... They have all been a let-down between Madden 11-25.

Also - http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/05/madden-nfl-25-down-over-last-year-still-top-1m-units-first-week/
Disappointed perhaps, didn't live up to expectations perhaps, but I've never heard anyone refer to gameplay as 'flopped' - which is why I asked.

Article doesn't mean much though, 'only' 1m units sold the first week, sounds like the title did pretty well despite consumers budgeting 500-$1000 for next gen console purchase(s). You can find similar discussions as the PS2 faded and now-previous gen never really picked up the slack.

# 82 macbranson @ 04/29/14 01:48 AM
Hmmmm.....I wondering if they're gonna focus on defense again this year since they have a MLB in the trailer. I hope they do. Pass coverage, pass rush, stopping the run...all these things need some serious work.

# 83 rich7sena @ 04/29/14 03:16 AM
After taking a closer look at Kuechly's render is that while the helmet and face look relatively phenomenal, I'm still not seeing the graphical fidelity I'd like in the jersey. The numbers still distort in unrealistic ways and the fabric texture doesn't look real. Hopefully things look better when we get a better look after the full reveal.

# 84 kingsofthevalley @ 04/29/14 04:30 AM
Awwwwww shiiiit!! I personally CANT wait as Madden 25 on xbox one is an exhilarating experience I gotta say. Just picked up my new console along with a few games (to include Madden 25) and I'm having a blast!! Madden 25 actually brought me back into the fold because I've been disappointed with most of their releases on gen 3 consoles. 15 is going to be straight HEAT!!! Oh, and this is coming from one of thee biggest sim heads you ever did see

# 85 dcal @ 04/29/14 08:04 AM
Great! We get wait until August to find out football gaming is still dead going on a decade. Great graphics, poor gameplay, no PC, and no competition = same garbage.

# 86 Shaffer26 @ 04/29/14 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just had a sneaky suspicion if the Seahawks won the SB, the defensive changes being worked on at the time would be marketed/hyped along with the Seahawks. They go hand in hand.
This is correct. However, it should not take a Super Bowl winning "defensive minded" team to make EA finally focus on defense. It would be really sad if that's what it took for them to open their eyes about the defensive issues with this game. Either way, at least something is being done on the defensive side of the ball.

# 87 Cryolemon @ 04/29/14 08:29 AM
Madden 2006 hype 2.0? I'll believe this "transformation" when they show gameplay videos and not pre-rendered ones.

# 88 menloe24 @ 04/29/14 08:34 AM
EA Sports is more interested in hyping who is going to be on the cover, and the what the box looks like then building a better game. They just like to add gimmicks instead of really making the game better.

# 89 FBall Life @ 04/29/14 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
This is correct. However, it should not take a Super Bowl winning "defensive minded" team to make EA finally focus on defense. It would be really sad if that's what it took for them to open their eyes about the defensive issues with this game. Either way, at least something is being done on the defensive side of the ball.
Madden 25 - year of the running game improvements. AP on the cover. AP almost breaking the rushing record the previous season.

This is how EA decides to market and integrate gameplay improvements.

# 90 kcchiefs1984 @ 04/29/14 10:15 AM
Remember the Vick in the snow trailer from last gen...Doesn't matter though, I'm one of the lames that spend hundreds of hours in offline franchise every year regardless of the reoccurring issues.

# 91 kgbrolic @ 04/29/14 10:44 AM
Just a hunch...what if the trailers that we saw for E3 last year that claimed to be "Actual Game Footage" for Madden 25 were from Madden 15 but EA didnt have enough time to complete the game...so they just ported over the last gen version in order to really complete their vision? I mean why on Earth would they put "Actual Game Footage" on a trailer that looked NOTHING like what we got in Madden 25 for next gen? Looking at the Kuechly model and the models from the E3 trailer from last year, I'd say they look really comparable.

I dont know how to add links in a post, but go to YouTube and check out the E3 Madden 25 trailer for next gen and then look at the new Madden 15 trailer. Am I on to something?

# 92 Sausage @ 04/29/14 10:45 AM
Focusing on just the trailer, a little graphical polish and attempt at authenticity is never a bad thing.

# 93 CM Hooe @ 04/29/14 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Disappointed perhaps, didn't live up to expectations perhaps, but I've never heard anyone refer to gameplay as 'flopped' - which is why I asked.
Because it's not true.

Every Madden game since Madden 06 was seen favorably on Metacritic, scoring at least 80 on that site. Only Madden 06 could reasonably be considered a critical flop, and even that was seen with mixed reviews (though you'll never hear me wax nostalgic about that iteration).

This probably is obvious but it bears repeating - the hypercriticism of Madden NFL that exists on this forum is not representative of how the video gaming community at-large sees the game.

# 94 ApolloKids @ 04/29/14 11:32 AM
So this is cg, right? You're not getting me ever again, EA.

# 95 Robcards @ 04/29/14 11:40 AM
Had myself a good hearty laugh after watching that "reveal." Good one, EA

# 96 kjcheezhead @ 04/29/14 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Article doesn't mean much though, 'only' 1m units sold the first week, sounds like the title did pretty well despite consumers budgeting 500-$1000 for next gen console purchase(s). You can find similar discussions as the PS2 faded and now-previous gen never really picked up the slack.
Madden was also outsold by nba2k on next gen. Football is way more popular than basketball. The two games were never even close before the PS3, 360 consoles.

I don't know if any one madden "flopped" but continually declining sales to the point where it is passed up by a much less popular sport amounts to the same thing to me. It's just a slow painful death instead of a quick clean one.

# 97 SageInfinite @ 04/29/14 01:01 PM
Until player movement and animations take a leap forward the game will still be a joke to me. Would love to see the camera angles go back to Madden 12, but I'm not holding out hope.

# 98 The_Balm @ 04/29/14 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Madden 25 - year of the running game improvements. AP on the cover. AP almost breaking the rushing record the previous season.

This is how EA decides to market and integrate gameplay improvements.
It does seem to lineup, but the timing doesn't work. Unless the cover vote is fixed they wouldn't know who's on the cover until very late into the development cycle. Same with the Seahawks, the planing for M15 took place several months before the super bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
Just a hunch...what if the trailers that we saw for E3 last year that claimed to be "Actual Game Footage" for Madden 25 were from Madden 15 but EA didnt have enough time to complete the game...so they just ported over the last gen version in order to really complete their vision? I mean why on Earth would they put "Actual Game Footage" on a trailer that looked NOTHING like what we got in Madden 25 for next gen? Looking at the Kuechly model and the models from the E3 trailer from last year, I'd say they look really comparable.

I dont know how to add links in a post, but go to YouTube and check out the E3 Madden 25 trailer for next gen and then look at the new Madden 15 trailer. Am I on to something?
I think you're making your own hype train.

# 99 carvis#15 @ 04/29/14 02:28 PM
for me...i'll believe the gameplay when I see it. But they kind of got my attention if they really put that much work in on player models. However, I wouldn't be suprised if the quick clip was all cgi.

# 100 redsox4evur @ 04/29/14 02:30 PM
One thing I would really like to see more in Madden 15 is more penalties being called with the default. Especially the pass interference calls. I have been playing Madden since 2003, with Faulk on the cover, and I can't remember ever being called for a pass interference.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.