Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports today released a new Madden NFL 15 trailer featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers. The trailer shows Kuechly being transformed into what appears to be a vastly improved player model over the models found in Madden NFL 25.

Here's the whole trailer's script:

Quote:
"I'm transforming, into something I never knew I could become.

If you don't know me by now, you will."

The trailer heavily hints at the prospect that Madden has been completely revamped, at least graphically -- but it hints at something even bigger.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on August 26th.

Guess we'll have to wait until June to find out what EA is up to with this year's game, any ideas from you guys?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 roadman @ 05/01/14 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13

More relevant is the absolute dominance of the NFL's popularity and yet a basketball game is right there in sales numbers. Had EA not absolutely dropped the proverbial ball for the entire 360 era the Madden sales numbers would be far and away better than any basketball game, period.
I understand what you are saying and would agree five years ago, but I have to believe that there are more international players in the NBA vs the NFL, am I wrong?(even though there are 48 players on a NFL team. Most NFL players, most, are from North America. Almost half of the Bucks are from overseas.

I'm willing to bet the NBA games, including EA's sell much better globally vs Madden overseas. Also, I'm willing to bet FIFA and PES outsell the basketball games overseas because of the popularity of soccer.

Not trying to back Madden, here, because I've been a disgruntled customer over the past few years. I'm sure Madden could sell more if they made a game that was closer to the NFL, but as long as EA's stockholders are happy........

Just trying to put some perspective into it.

# 122 Kramer5150 @ 05/01/14 05:33 PM
Sorry,but I'm not getting caught up in the hype anymore.
The last couple of Madden games,I was hardly able to get 2 months of enjoyment out of the game.

I understand that many enjoy it,and that's fine....but until they are able to PROVE that the penalty and gameplay sliders are tuned to the degree of them actually doing anything....I can in no WAY take this as a serious "sim" of the game of football.

I will not take the "word" of a gamechanger,and I certainly will NOT take the word of the yearly "Madden Hypers"either. I need to see it first hand in hopefully a demo version...and I will not accept the "early build" crap or any other excuse....Madden has had too many excuses,and their all played out.

# 123 N51_rob @ 05/01/14 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying and would agree five years ago, but I have to believe that there are more international players in the NBA vs the NFL, am I wrong?(even though there are 48 players on a NFL team. Most NFL players, most, are from North America. Almost half of the Bucks are from overseas.

I'm willing to bet the NBA games, including EA's sell much better globally vs Madden overseas. Also, I'm willing to bet FIFA and PES outsell the basketball games overseas because of the popularity of soccer.

Not trying to back Madden, here, because I've been a disgruntled customer over the past few years. I'm sure Madden could sell more if they made a game that was closer to the NFL, but as long as EA's stockholders are happy........

FIFA is EA's number one franchise bar none. That game sells everywhere. Here, europe, asia the middle east, south pacific. Everywhere because "soccer" is a global game.

Madden does numbers in the US, Canada and a few places in europe. The money that EA makes from FIFA Ultimate Team is staggering and the reason they brought it over to Madden, and eventually the NBA series.

As for metacritic and reviews in general, I don't know why a hard core sports gamer would go to an IGN type site for a review. If you want an honest sometimes harsh review of a madden game come here. If you want an honest yet more forgiving review on Madden go to tradition sports. Similarly OS's reviews of MLB the Show for example tend to be more forgiving that some other hardcore sports sites.

I don't think Ive ever even been to metacritic to see a games reviews and I could care less about video gaming sites when they review sports games. I was watching the IGN MLB 14 Puig vs Pence thing and the IGN guy running that literally looked and acted like he would strike out playing t-ball.

# 124 jyoung @ 05/01/14 11:05 PM
Quote:

According to the NPD, NBA 2K14 was the top-selling sports game on both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One.

Global sales are not included in NPD figures. They only cover North American retail sales.

# 125 roadman @ 05/02/14 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
According to the NPD, NBA 2K14 was the top-selling sports game on both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One.

Global sales are not included in NPD figures. They only cover North American retail sales.
According to VGChartz, NBA 2K outsells Madden over 2 to 1 in Europe and the rest of the world in numbers, which is what I was trying to point out. The NBA is more popular oversees than the NFL.

Still doesn't dismiss Madden being a underwhelming game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name...=0&results=200

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name...=0&results=200

# 126 Dolphins88 @ 05/02/14 12:29 AM
Ya I'm frustrated with the nfl and madden. If only 2k or Sony San Diego could make a realistic representation of the sport the situation would be so much better. I'm hoping 2 k or sony jump back into nhl on next gen too.

# 127 Ueauvan @ 05/02/14 08:01 AM
as a Brit i can say the number of madden players here is very small, they are the same bunch that usually hit the international series regardless of teams playing. whats worse is the assumption from nfl/ea etc that Brits dont understand the game. there some of us that are more knowledgeable than they think but we still get patronised. thats really bad from a global sports s/w company

# 128 LovejoyOTF @ 05/02/14 08:39 AM
i wouldn't say it was "very small". it's probably niche-ish, but the fact the game is sold over here is indicative of the fact it sells well enough. it's not like the show where you have to import or buy digitally.

the whole british NFL fan is a tough one though. i think it's assumed we don't understand, like perhaps we naively believe a lot of the US don't "get" soccer, but we both know it couldn't be further from the truth.

it's pretty much exactly the same knowledge structure as america too. there are die hard fans, casual fans, people that know names of teams and that's it, and people that couldn't care less. we just live on a different continent and have to stay up late sometimes to watch it

# 129 Ueauvan @ 05/02/14 10:27 AM
or sign up to Gamepass frankly Sky commentators wind me up so we either pick a game or 2 to watch or watch the redzone

frankly that was worth the 130 quid i think it was, my pc links to our lounge tv

# 130 LovejoyOTF @ 05/02/14 10:37 AM
ah gamepass is a godsend. i'm a kevin cadle fan, and cecil martin is a laugh, but neil reynolds can do one, frankly.

# 131 Ueauvan @ 05/02/14 10:59 AM
Cadle and credibility, he's a Bills fan
Cecil has street cred except he can't pronounce his name
Jeff thingy the ex Coach i like a lot
Neil Reynolds is poo

'er indoors could analyse better than him, although her performance has slackened since her hero Urlacher retired

we dont like offence as much as defence, we both like stuff it up the jumper rugby, so we developed the fat boy offence in my ccm. pick the right formation fill it with OL FBs a HB and QB and run straight at them

defence he cant throw if he is supine is our mantra

# 132 LovejoyOTF @ 05/02/14 11:53 AM
" 'er indoors " is going to throw a lot of yanks.

# 133 Trick13 @ 05/02/14 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Big difference is, in the U.S. soccer is played all over the country with a lot of Kids leagues, Junior High systems, High School systems, Collegiate systems, and a few pro leagues. I'd be surprised if American football has even 1/10th the level of participation in Britain as Soccer has in America.

The fact that soccer actually has that much penetration in the U.S. market makes it strange to me that the sport isn't more popular at the pro level here in the U.S.

Soccer is boring. It is like hockey without the fist fights - zero point. Not enough scoring, not enough meaningful action for a casual fan.
In football and basketball - America's two top sports - there is constant action - basketball has tons of scoring and football has hitting on every play.

Soccer is a good sport for kids - non-contact and tons of cardio, but as an adult sports fan I am not interested. Personally, I would love to see soccer banned from TV. It is like watching paint dry. Hockey, to me is fairly boring too, but at least hockey has checking and the occasional glove dropping action. I would rather watch lacrosse, women's volleyball (more for the scenery) heck I would rather watch women's college softball than soccer.

You may disagree with my sentiments, and I don't begrudge anyone of their opinion, but that is how many Americans view soccer.

# 134 roadman @ 05/02/14 01:52 PM
Eh, to me, watching golf is boring as watching paint dry.

Our son plays soccer at the collegiate level, so, no, soccer isn't boring to us and we enjoy watching on tv.

Different strokes....................

# 135 Trick13 @ 05/02/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Eh, to me, watching golf is boring as watching paint dry.

Our son plays soccer at the collegiate level, so, no, soccer isn't boring to us and we enjoy watching on tv.

Different strokes....................

Fair enough, but I wonder if you did not have that vested interest (your son plays the game) would it interest you at all? Not that it matters really. Great thing about life is the differences, so at this point I am just asking because of my curiosity rather than attempting any counter point.

# 136 Soprano00 @ 05/03/14 02:44 AM
Quote:
Fair enough, but I wonder if you did not have that vested interest (your son plays the game) would it interest you at all? Not that it matters really. Great thing about life is the differences, so at this point I am just asking because of my curiosity rather than attempting any counter point.
I don't get your point: soccer is a game which makes hundreds of millions of people around the world watch it with passion and emotion, and not because they have a son playing it I'm European and play American Football in real life (yes: here in Europe) but I can see the beauty of both sports. American Football is much less dinamic if you analyze it, how much time in a game the ball is in movement ? 5 minutes maximum ? However I agree that many games of soccer may seem boring because there are no scores, but a person liking the game still may appreciate the strategic side of it, how a defense is able to stop a very powerful offense, for example.
On the other side an "All American" sport which for me is really boring to watch is baseball

# 137 roadman @ 05/03/14 07:36 AM
Quote:
I would like to believe, so, yes. All three of our kids played soccer at one level or another. We didn't have soccer around us where I grew up. Heck, we've met other soccer parents throughout the years who we are still friends with. I doubt we ever meet these people without crossing paths with soccer.

I appreciate not growing up with something and learning about it later in life.

So, once we learned how the game was played and the different styles of play, we started to appreciate the game more plus the friendships our children and the parents endured and still have to this day.

# 138 Trick13 @ 05/03/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano00
I don't get your point: soccer is a game which makes hundreds of millions of people around the world watch it with passion and emotion, and not because they have a son playing it I'm European and play American Football in real life (yes: here in Europe) but I can see the beauty of both sports. American Football is much less dinamic if you analyze it, how much time in a game the ball is in movement ? 5 minutes maximum ? However I agree that many games of soccer may seem boring because there are no scores, but a person liking the game still may appreciate the strategic side of it, how a defense is able to stop a very powerful offense, for example.
On the other side an "All American" sport which for me is really boring to watch is baseball

Look, I was not "attacking soccer". Just giving my opinion, which in my travels across the US (I have been in all 50 states and lived for 3 months or more in 20 of them) is commonplace within American society. I am not claiming to be an expert, just articulating my perspective and the ones I have been privy to.

I have played the game - many moons ago as a child in the Mesa, AZ area. I understand the basics and it is still boring to me, especially to watch. I imagine it is a bit like baseball which is dreadful on TV, and I mean absolutely dreadful. You just watch the pitcher and hitter all game long. You rarely see the defensive shifts, the varying depths of the outfielders - I hate the way baseball is broadcast on TV. That being said, I love to play baseball, or rec league softball (I am getting old). And I do enjoy going to baseball games, despite the fact that I am not a "student of the game" at all. I am not one of those guys who can tell you who is leading the league in BA, or Ks, or saves. The baseball strike that occurred when I was in JR High school turned me off the pro game as a "follower" of the sport.

Soccer on the other hand, I don't enjoy - at all. It is fairly simple. I don't like it. I am not trying to convince anyone else to not like it, I just don't. The fact that millions of people like it is irrelevant to me. I have never been influenced much by outside opinions, even though I am smart enough to respect them and see their value.

Roadman, I hope you realize I meant no disrespect to you or yours. I was just curious if you felt that your son playing was the largest factor in your appreciation for the game. And their was no reason behind the question - I am just naturally curious. If I offended anyone, I apologize - truly.

# 139 charter04 @ 05/03/14 01:36 PM
Boy O Boy. I thought this was the Madden Trailer thread. Lol not sure were this is going. Maybe you guys should start a general sports discussion thread.

# 140 N51_rob @ 05/03/14 03:05 PM
Yes, please get this thread back on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.