Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports today released a new Madden NFL 15 trailer featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers. The trailer shows Kuechly being transformed into what appears to be a vastly improved player model over the models found in Madden NFL 25.

Here's the whole trailer's script:

Quote:
"I'm transforming, into something I never knew I could become.

If you don't know me by now, you will."

The trailer heavily hints at the prospect that Madden has been completely revamped, at least graphically -- but it hints at something even bigger.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on August 26th.

Guess we'll have to wait until June to find out what EA is up to with this year's game, any ideas from you guys?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 splff3000 @ 05/20/14 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You do know that marketing not developers control the flow of information right? Devs could be making the worst madden in years and marketing would be hyping it up for all to see. The developers don't market the game. There has been no information because its not June. That is when the marketing team for madden will start to make their money. It even says as much in the title of this post.

Only thing that is weird to me, is the lack of chatter from the Game "Changers". Those guys are usually talking somewhere and it doesn't seem to be the case this year. That could be good or bad.
I don't really think you will be seeing much from the game changers this year or any other year for that matter. I'm pretty sure the cat is out of the bag in regards to them. I'm sure those guys will still probably go down and give their input but I doubt you see them hyping the game up like they usually do. I'm sure a lot of people know by now that a lot of that was marketing. The game changers program credit rating is most likely at an all time low with the hardcore fans so it probably wouldn't do much good to have them ranting and raving about how good madden is like they're normally doing around this time.

The absence of ANY substantial news by this time is pretty odd to me. I wouldn't say I'm concerned, but I AM quite curious as to what's going on. My gut tells me that they are waiting til E3 to show off a polished version of madden instead of showing crude mock ups throughout the year to tell us what they're working on. I also don't think it's a coincidence that NCAA isn't coming out this year and we haven't gotten any news. Over the years, there were a lot of times that I thought madden was just releasing info because ncaa was releasing info and they didn't want the fanboys wondering where the Madden news is. No NCAA this year so no need to rush madden news. That's just my take tho.

# 162 Ueauvan @ 05/21/14 07:43 AM
i don't want a game that requires the customers to spend months of effort to find a combination of sliders and penalties to actually get a decent game of football, and then change those depending if they want to be a superstar, play as a team in a game in ccm, coach only or sim.

# 163 ch46647 @ 05/21/14 08:47 AM
I hope the Madden team can finally get the crowd noise right this year. It is amazing how engaged you become with a game when the atmosphere/presentation is on point. MLB The Show and NBA 2k do a great job of this.

HOWEVER, I will say that the best crowd atmosphere I have ever heard in a videogame was that brief gameplay clip EA UFC presented yesterday. This gives me hope that EA titles will really start nailing this aspect of their games.

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE EA NHL NEWS!

# 164 jmurphy31 @ 05/21/14 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i don't want a game that requires the customers to spend months of effort to find a combination of sliders and penalties to actually get a decent game of football, and then change those depending if they want to be a superstar, play as a team in a game in ccm, coach only or sim.
Games should have sliders. Not all players are of equal skill. I always believe the more customization the better. Give us more options (presentation, skill level, penalties, etc). But also make them work correctly...

# 165 Ueauvan @ 05/21/14 01:21 PM
i agree about the presence of sliders but having to manipulate penalties to make the actual skill work is just wrong on so many levels

have sliders for skill/competency but as you say make em work properly

# 166 Aggies7 @ 05/21/14 02:33 PM
The more and more I read over that list and look at the way halftime presentation is mentioned. I really believe it's just going to be like NCAA with highlights of your own game.

Obviously I would love to see highlights from other games during halftime, but don't see that happening. I would at least like to see updates from other games with score like 2Ks weekly recap show minus highlights.

# 167 johnnyg713 @ 05/23/14 01:41 PM
After seeing all the UFC footage, I'm a little optimistic about this years game. I know they are two completely different games but what they've done with UFC is pretty impressive. Maybe this gen is what ea has been waiting for.

# 168 ch46647 @ 05/23/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
After seeing all the UFC footage, I'm a little optimistic about this years game. I know they are two completely different games but what they've done with UFC is pretty impressive. Maybe this gen is what ea has been waiting for.
From the brief clips of EA UFC these are the three things I hope Madden can either match or exceed for Madden 15..

1. Crowd Atmosphere
2. Player Movement (Looks great in UFC, IMO this is Maddens biggest glaring issue and it has been that way since Madden 06')
3. Animation Fidelity (Only seen a little of EA UFC, but the animations look very smooth and lifelike. Madden needs an overhaul to their animation system in a big way)

# 169 NicVirtue @ 05/24/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Overhaul of the animations and making sliders work right would do wonders for Madden. It's not that hard to see. Unless you're EA apparently.
Idk what they do with the animations, but they look so herky jerky and robotic, as if they computer animated instead of motion captured. Like everything is so sped up it looks un-natural. That is 1 thing about Madden that has always failed to immerse me in the game of football, was it's horrible animations.

# 170 kjcheezhead @ 05/25/14 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Idk what they do with the animations, but they look so herky jerky and robotic, as if they computer animated instead of motion captured. Like everything is so sped up it looks un-natural. That is 1 thing about Madden that has always failed to immerse me in the game of football, was it's horrible animations.
I don't see that changing. Madden has always been developed with a focus on user control and responsiveness, at the cost of realistic movement. The tourney players complain every time EA moves in the right direction. The player movement in madden 11 compared to 10 is the perfect example.

A big complaint of mine is how on defense the swat button often turns into an interception attempt. For how much realism gets sacrificed to get turn on a dime movements, why can't EA at least make the buttons respond to what they are designated to do?

# 171 testudoaubreii @ 05/27/14 04:23 PM
I won't comment on what I feel should be added to the game as far as customization and gameplay goes because I think there are some great points so far in this thread.

As far as atmosphere and presentation, I want to feel like I am watching a game on Sunday afternoon or Monday/Thursday night. I want the immersion that comes with sitting on my couch with some beers, hearing the crowd around me, "real-time" crowd and sideline shots, pre-grame/halftime/post-game presentation, interesting and relevant commentary and some real level of interactivity...if that makes any sense.

I really just want to feel like I am watching a game.

# 172 roll2tide @ 06/02/14 10:33 AM
Every OS veteran: "Yeah, right." "I don't trust EA to live up to it's own hype" "I'll wait for reviews" "More of the same" "Blah blah blah"

Every 12-17 year old in America: "This is going to be the best Madden EVER!"

I'll buy it either way. It's my sole option for football gaming. I'm growing to almost hate the act of giving EA this annual $60 but who am I kidding? Just no other options.....a lot like my cable company and my inability to get Dish/DirecTV where I live.

# 173 Brandwin @ 06/02/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Every OS veteran: "Yeah, right." "I don't trust EA to live up to it's own hype" "I'll wait for reviews" "More of the same" "Blah blah blah"

Every 12-17 year old in America: "This is going to be the best Madden EVER!"

I'll buy it either way. It's my sole option for football gaming. I'm growing to almost hate the act of giving EA this annual $60 but who am I kidding? Just no other options.....a lot like my cable company and my inability to get Dish/DirecTV where I live.
You forgot to add that 9 out of 10 of the OS Vets who say that buy it anyway, no matter what.

# 174 roll2tide @ 06/02/14 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
You forgot to add that 9 out of 10 of the OS Vets who say that buy it anyway, no matter what.

Yeah, that's me. I don't do midnight releases anymore but if I want my spot in my leagues I need it pretty early on. I wish I enjoyed other sports more sometimes.

# 175 bxphenom7 @ 06/02/14 12:51 PM
If Sony San Diego, 2k, or SOMEONE made a football game smfh. They better have revamped EVERYTHING for PS4/Xbox One. I don't want to hate Madden, I want a great football game like NFL 2k5. Having not been able to buy Madden since Madden 08 since it's all the same crap and only little rumors of 2k or other companies recruiting developers and preparing for a football game is disheartening. I wouldn't mind a game like NFL 2k5 without NFL teams and all that. Just give me a fully featured game with a deep franchise mode, career mode, customization, and good online play. Everyone being able to customize teams like crazy and use them for online leagues is dope. This is getting goddamn ridiculous. Hell, EA should make baseball again so The Show has competition. At least The Show has actually been great without competition unlike Madden....

# 176 kjcheezhead @ 06/02/14 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
The irony to me is how little will power it actually takes. A week and a half after 25 released, I could've grabbed a used copy. I held out til early October when Amazon gave me a kindle offer of 5 bucks to get the game.

I personally wish I hadn't bought it at that price but I feel I'm in a very small minority who dislike it that much. Most are there buying within the first week every year.

# 177 johnnyg713 @ 06/02/14 10:23 PM
What's the consensus on NCAA. IMO 14 is a very solid football game. In fact I put it up there with one of the best football games ever made in terms of gameplay. However when I try and play madden, for some reason it's no where near as good. Putting most of the NCAA team on madden will do nothing but help the game improve.

# 178 kjcheezhead @ 06/03/14 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
What's the consensus on NCAA. IMO 14 is a very solid football game. In fact I put it up there with one of the best football games ever made in terms of gameplay. However when I try and play madden, for some reason it's no where near as good. Putting most of the NCAA team on madden will do nothing but help the game improve.
I've heard this a lot but I've never completely understood it. NCAA gets the big feature from Madden every year, just a year later. I do think that allows them to polish it a bit more whereas madden tends to ignore it and move on to the next back of the box thing, but the games are not much different otherwise in my opinion. I don't see ncaa devs coming in and changing madden at all.

For me, madden is a lost cause at this point. I hate throw a wr open. I can't stress that enough, I hate it. The wrs instantly react to every pass while the trajectories are terrible. On top of that, there is no fight for the football because the wrs go into a catch animation while running away from the football and the
Dbs attack it.

Personally, this games passing is on par with tecmo being so outdated and arcadey it looks goofy in a game today that claims to be simulation. I can't see NCAA having the same system and being one of the best games ever made. To be fair, I never bothered with NCAA this year though because I'm not a college guy and I've felt it was overrated in the past.

To me, these game has 3 main gameplay aspects , the running game, passing game and defense. One third is completely broken (passing), and one third is flat out boring or feels like you have very little input as a user (defense). At least the running game isn't too bad.

The only hope in my opinion is that this transformation is real and they've completely scrapped the old ps3/Xbox360 for a true next-gen foundation. That or we've got competition back.

# 179 kjcheezhead @ 06/03/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Since they are still making the game for the 360 and the PS3, I don't see them scrapping it all together. Thank goodness too since a lot of his haven't bought an Xbox One or PS4 yet.
You miss understood me I think. I'm sure they will continue to release a ps3/360 game for years yet. But the ps4 game is just an improved port of that game. They need to make a brand new game for the new consoles if you ask me.

# 180 Aggies7 @ 06/04/14 07:37 AM
I assume we won't see anything til E3. Was hoping we would get a little something pre E3

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.