Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

After the Madden NFL 15 cover vote and the first official trailer were revealed, some more details about the game came from an official EA Sports Madden NFL 15 blog, GameStop and Amazon. It's not a lot of details, but at least it's something to talk about. Let us know what you think!

Madden NFL 15 Blog

Quote:
Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

GameStop

Quote:
Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20
  • Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history;
  • With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game;
  • Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals;
  • Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cowboy008 @ 04/28/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Don't really like the sound of in-depth player profiles. In-depth usually means really specific which is good for play now games but a disaster for franchise mode. Kind of like the QB intros. It's the Year 2020 and it's still Matt Cassel who took over for Tom Brady blah blah blah. We'll see though, hoping for the best.
That really took me out of the game when that happened.

# 22 XXstormmXX @ 04/28/14 07:46 PM
At first I said I wasn't going to get this but if they add a All-22 camera and fix the presentation I'm getting it even if the gameplay is bad. Sliders fixed M25 for me but the presentation is still terrible in that game and it sucks the fun out of CFM.

# 23 jbd345 @ 04/28/14 08:09 PM
I'll reserve my opinion until e3. At least this year we'll probably get more off screen footage of next gen.

# 24 Trick13 @ 04/28/14 08:34 PM
Here we go again - over sell and under deliver. The trademark of the Madden series.

I don't give a rat's backside about graphics. I don't care one single tiny little bit about player faces being accurate, tattoos, scars, individual blades of grass, and the stupid pictures on the "player card"!

So, see the transformation can take a friggan hike...

Adaptive AI,
tiered defensive play calls,
press coverage on the TEs,
double teams,
route recognition/reading within zone defense
delayed blitzes
simplified def hot route controls (eliminating the excessive button presses)
save defensive pre-play adjustments
Dline stunts
game- plan settings like NCAA "aggressive, balanced, conservative"
Defensive "situational AWR" no covering zones out the back of endzone
pass rush moves on the buttons (at least in addition to the sticks)
all time every pass route based passing - no more route changing throws
press coverage (including the bump) in zone defense
force fumble while dragging player down ability
true consecutive hits, CPU players "piling on" rather than watching
return of multiple blocking ratings making OL harder to develop
route disruption/ chucks within the 5 yard area
Show blitz separated from bring safety into the box
more player movement on defense - pre-snap
recalibration of movement controls so you can creep, walk, jog, run, etc
ball tracking that requires player to see before he can catch
no more interceptions of passes the defender didn't visually acquire

And that is just a short list of what might get me to warm up to the new Madden - the hype train is a crappy ride that always ends at a terrible and disappointing destination...

# 25 DLloydTV @ 04/28/14 08:40 PM
I'm really hoping that EA Sports can bring something revolutionary to Madden 15, but then again EA has a track record of letting us down

# 26 NDAlum @ 04/28/14 09:44 PM
Would like concept plays elaborated on

Sent from my iPhone 5

# 27 JohnDoe8865 @ 04/28/14 10:00 PM
All I see are bullet points for the back of the box and information to sell the game to the average/casual Madden gamer. Ofcourse at this point I guess we shouldn't expect anything more. I'll wait and see what REAL improvements are made before I even think any more about M15.

# 28 kjcheezhead @ 04/28/14 10:00 PM
Madden was already DOA for me anyways. No mention of new passing so we get throw a wr open again as well as another new way to ask madden. I'll be skipping based on this info alone. I haven't got on the hype train in years, though.

Hopefully E3 will reveal madden is no longer exclusive and someone is going to try a football game. It's the only shot I have at a football game I'll enjoy.

# 29 Trick13 @ 04/28/14 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Madden was already DOA for me anyways. No mention of new passing so we get throw a wr open again as well as another new way to ask madden. I'll be skipping based on this info alone. I haven't got on the hype train in years, though.

Hopefully E3 will reveal madden is no longer exclusive and someone is going to try a football game. It's the only shot I have at a football game I'll enjoy.

Madden is still exclusive - in so far as the consoles. Your only hope would be for someone to pay for the license to make a game for computers...

...I would love that, but I just don't see it happening even though I think 2k could do an awesome job with it...

# 30 loccdogg26 @ 04/28/14 10:36 PM
I'll just wait and see then decide.

# 31 kjcheezhead @ 04/28/14 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Madden is still exclusive - in so far as the consoles. Your only hope would be for someone to pay for the license to make a game for computers...

...I would love that, but I just don't see it happening even though I think 2k could do an awesome job with it...
Do you have a link showing the deal is still exclusive? EA announced they still have a number of years on their agreement with the NFL, but they've refused to confirm its exclusive whenever anyone has asked them that directly.

Regardless, it's all I'm hoping for. I got madden 25 for 5 bucks off a kindle deal and still felt ripped off. If EA really wanted to improve defense, they should start by removing tethered passing systems.

# 32 MajorSupreme @ 04/28/14 10:50 PM
Not buying the hype, we'll see come June. There's a nice quote from family guy that explains the situation perfectly.
"You don't win. You just do a little better each time. " -Cleveland Brown

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 33 The_Balm @ 04/28/14 11:00 PM
Quote:

Sadly, it's almost a good thing if they don't change the overpowered offense, because all the new defense stuff (like every new feature added to Madden) will be really over powered.

# 34 Jrocc23 @ 04/28/14 11:15 PM
I've been waiting for years for them to change the player lock camera on defense. Hopefully, it's like NCAA's. Would definitely start making a CB in CC Mode.

# 35 Trick13 @ 04/28/14 11:35 PM
Quote:
Do you have a link showing the deal is still exclusive? EA announced they still have a number of years on their agreement with the NFL, but they've refused to confirm its exclusive whenever anyone has asked them that directly.

Regardless, it's all I'm hoping for. I got madden 25 for 5 bucks off a kindle deal and still felt ripped off. If EA really wanted to improve defense, they should start by removing tethered passing systems.

I do not have a link. I was reading a bunch on this, and watching 2k Fan videos, about the time EA announced their continued license where they made no mention of exclusivity. I have to admit that I was getting a little hyped about the potential of a NFL2k15. Unfortunately, I discovered somewhere in the hundreds of pages I visited - a seemingly credible source mentioning EA's NFL deal was not entirely exclusive, but retained their "exclusive status" in console gaming. I wish I had bookmarked it, but I didn't.

I don't know that the info is factual, but I remember thinking the source was fairly reliable, and a bit disappointed by the news.

# 36 Moegames @ 04/28/14 11:40 PM
I hold on to the tiny bit of hope still tucked away in the depths of my heart that what we seen with Madden's first year effort at Next-Gen was merely a quick cross-gen port job and that what the real Next-Gen madden we should have will be this upcoming Madden 15 on next gen systems. This is it for me though...if they do not deliver on a revamped visuals, better AI and a MUCH better presentation for pre-half-post game stuff...im done...and i mean i am DONE!

So this last bit of hope i have, Madden dev's...make no mistake about it...there are a HUGE amount of others out there just like me that are giving you guys one last chance to prove you are competent and talented enough to atleast come close to matching with NBA2k14 and MLB The Show is doing with their next-gen efforts.

Madden Dev's...its not that we are mean people but rather passionate about NFL Football which deserves to be the best sports videogame of them all...but yet for the last 10 years we've had one of the worst sports games each year for the best sports genre on earth! Do you dev's see why some of yes are just so fed up? And tired and so hard for us to trust you guys over at Tiburon? Can you guys really blame us? Really? I know what gets said in the studios about some of the comments here at OSforums by a close friend that is a GC ....which kinda shocked me to see us be mocked like that...because we believe the best Sport of man-kind has one of the worst playing and looking videogames and only one choice we have along with it ..just royally pisses us off.

Do it guys..go for it with all your heart and motivation and give us that game we been dreaming of for so many years. WE DESERVE IT NOW!!

# 37 kehlis @ 04/28/14 11:41 PM
Quote:
I do not have a link. I was reading a bunch on this, and watching 2k Fan videos, about the time EA announced their continued license where they made no mention of exclusivity. I have to admit that I was getting a little hyped about the potential of a NFL2k15. Unfortunately, I discovered somewhere in the hundreds of pages I visited - a seemingly credible source mentioning EA's NFL deal was not entirely exclusive, but retained their "exclusive status" in console gaming. I wish I had bookmarked it, but I didn't.

I don't know that the info is factual, but I remember thinking the source was fairly reliable, and a bit disappointed by the news.
So you don't know for sure as your post eluded to....

I have a hard time believing if it were still exclusive they wouldn't have bragged about it by now.

# 38 timbosliceGB @ 04/29/14 12:11 AM
madden is always a auto buy for me every season. i will say i do enjoy madden 25 on next gen it's prettty good. The thing i really liked out of all of this is pre game and halftime shows it's about time. Only thing next i would love to see is ea to either put in espn monday night football stuff in the game or get a deal with nbc/cbs/fox.

# 39 PacMan3000 @ 04/29/14 12:40 AM
Quote:

I don't know a whole lot about PC gaming--but isn't it considered to be better than console gaming as far as power? I wonder if NFL 2K could now come back as a PC game, where I would imagine they would have very little competition (Madden doesn't make PC games anymore, right)?

# 40 Trick13 @ 04/29/14 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So you don't know for sure as your post eluded to....

I have a hard time believing if it were still exclusive they wouldn't have bragged about it by now.

No, I do not know for sure, and I hope that that info was wrong. I hope exclusivity in this case is dead, but if it were not - I think any company arriving at a licensing deal with he NFL would have bragged about that already.

EA gets tons of bad press for the exclusive deal - so I am not entirely certain they would want to bring attention to something that many people (even Madden fans) see as a bad thing...

I mean non-gamer sites have ripped the NFL and EA for the exclusive deal, so...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.