Home
News Post

With news of Donald Sterling going 'Confederate Union' on the basketball world and Major League Baseball starting to slide out of the honeymoon phase and into the grind of the regular season -- how about a little focus on football?

The NFL draft is approaching fast, but other offseason moves may be the ones we talk about when the 2014 season rolls around. More specifically, additions in places like New York.

The NY Jets added Eagles departure Michael Vick at quarterback to "mentor" 2013 draftee Geno Smith. But according to some (see: Lesean McCoy) the starting job will likely be Vick's considering how much better he feels the embattled veteran is when compared to Smith.

Sound Off: Who will take the most snaps at QB for the NY Jets in 2014?

Sports Headlines for April 29, 2014

Game: NFLReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 5 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 SVCbearcat10 @ 04/30/14 09:10 AM
Vick to start. He will get hurt, like always, then it will be the Geno show again.

# 2 elgreazy1 @ 04/30/14 11:42 AM
I understand having depth. What I don't understand is bringing in a commodity that has clearly hit its ceiling long ago.

Geno should be given every opportunity to succeed and fail so the team has done it's due diligence, but obviously, I don't have my head coaching job on the line. There is a lot Geno can learn from Vick, but I don't know if Vick is exactly the mentoring type.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.