Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The Opening Day version of the MLB 14 The Show Operation Sports Full Minors is ready for release.

As in past years... A LOT of work has gone into creating these rosters by many, many contributors.

I would like to thank each and every one of them IMMENSELY!
Without them all, this task would unlikely come to fruition.
It's a labor of love for all of these guys and I would like to ask anyone that comments in this thread to please be civil (unless you are heaping on praise...then go full bore! )

I'm sure there will be disagreements on player choice, potential and any number of ratings. That's fine and all will be taken into account, but don't degrade the thread with posts that are unbecoming.

I for the most part stay with the editors spirit of how they see their players. There were changes for balance. For the most part, I left potentials unless I felt they were too far out of bounds.

There are roughly 1500 user created players in this set.
All minor league players are edited to be a real player, with all faces done.

The set is mirroring Opening Day as best as possible in lineups and rotations at all levels. There were some cases where a total AAA or AA could not be met, as prospects took precedence.

I don't want to mention any editors in particular, but RidinDwnKingsley must receive a big mention here. The guy is just tremendous in his efforts to get this set out. Big kudos here.
There were many... Visit the chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0 to see everyone involved. A lot of guys went above and beyond...

Also note that Willard76, a major contributor is going to take the O.D. set and edit a ton of things (including SCEA players, which are all "stock" on this set) for his release of the Hybrid set (here is the thread, I encourage you to check it out.)

I hope I didn't leave anything out.....

Here is the link to the set.....
OPERATION SPORTS FULL MINORS 2014...
.....LINK....http://www.sendspace.com/file/nark5n

In the Vault: O.S.F.M. 2014 O.D.

To keep this thread clean, please be sure to post your corrections here.

Enjoy and thank you everyone for your patience!!!

First change....
Shawn Hill Toronto...potential to 69...

LINK TO O.S.F.M. OD v2.0

Changes to v.2.0
TOR-Shawn Hill P potential to 69
TOR-Marcus Stroman P OVR to 71
BAL-Kelvin De La Cruz spelling correction
CLE-Added Francisco Mejia C
CHI N-Matt Szczur Audio name corrected
CHI N-Jorge Soler age corrected
BOS-Ryan Roberts Primary position to 3B
NY N-Juan Lagares Primary position to CF
NY N-Kevin Plawecki spelling correction
NY A-Luis Severino P Added
SEA-Ty Kelly potential adjusted
SF-Darren Ford Speed/Baserunning adjusted
NY N-Darrell Ceciliani height/weight corrected
HOU-George Springer OF potential/ratings adjusted
SD-Matt Wisler P potential adjusted
OAK-Matt Olson 1B potential adjusted
Minn-Byron Buxton ratings adjusted
CHI A-Matt Early potential adjusted
SF-Joe Panik ratings adjusted
WAS-Jeff Kobernus # to 26
CLE-Nellie Rodriguez added
CHI A-Dan Black batting stance corrected
CHI A-Andy Wilkins batting stance corrected
CHI A-Carlos Sanchez batting stance corrected
CHI A-Chris Curley batting stance corrected
PIT-Reese McGuire C added
CHI N-Eloy Jimenez added
DET-Matt Crouse P added...Luis Marte to FA
DET-Jose Valdez potential adjusted
DET-Justin Miller imported for face
DET-Nate Robertson imported for face
FA-Duplicate Ross Seaton removed
ARI-Archie Bradley body edit
MIL-Wei-Chung-Wang face updated
MIL-Devin Williams skin color updated
SF-Devin Harris OF added
CHI A-Tim Anderson SS added......Chris Curley SS added to FA
CHI N-Neil Ramirez face edited and ratings adjusted
CHI N-Armando Rivero ratings adjusted
NY N-Audio names corrected
ARI-Audio names corrected
NY A-Harvey Huff SS removed(not real player)
NY A-Aaron Judge primary to RF
CHI A-Tyler Danish P added
PHI-Andrew Knapp C added....Luis Paulino P to FA
MIA-Colby Suggs SP primary to RP
MIA-Jordany Valdspin SS/2B added
BAL-Nick Additon P spelling corrected
BAL-Eddie Gambino P given Knuckleball
PHI-Mario Hollands handedness corrected
CIN-Michael Lorenzen RP primary to SP
COL-Ryan McMahon potential adjusted
CHI N-Minor league level changes
CHI N-Chris Coghlan 1B primary to LF...secondary to 1B
TB-Kean Wong added....Taylor Motter P sent to FA(Taylor Mott)
ATL-Duplicate Josh Elander RF removed
ATL-Victor Reyes LF added
ARI-Evan Marshall RP....sinker added 92 MPH
KC-Brett Tomko edited(face)
SEA-Chris Young SP edited(face)
SEA-Joe Beimel RP edited(face)
SEA-Stefen Romero edited(face)
SEA-Roenis Elias edited(face)
SEA-Corey Simpson added.....Dominic Leone(duplicate) to FA(Dom Leggett)
SD-Joe Wieland created
MIN-Miguel Sano ratings adjusted
VARIOUS-faces edited

M.K.
Knight165

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 GoBucs09 @ 05/04/14 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
Can make him...but agree. He's top 10 prospect.

Maybe he'll be in the vault(?) if someone else has made him. I plan on looking for him...and if he's not made, make him.

I've already added a few different prospects to the Twins from their top 25 prospects (Baseball America).
We did make him and he is in the vault:

OSFM is out!

Some notes and bonus players for download.

The initial set has some Pirates minor league players in the free agent lists.

Free Agent 1: Aaron Pribanic

Free Agent 2: Kyle McPherson, A.J. Morris, Cody Dickson, Blake Taylor, Tyler Waldron, Michael De La Cruz, Jose Osuna

Individual players available on the player vault for download:

Chad Kuhl
Dan Gamanche
Jacob Stallings
Jason Creasy
Jin-De Jhang
John Kuchno
Junior Sosa
Kenn Kasparek
Matt Benedict
Quinton Miller
Ralph Henriquez
Reese McGuire

I also have some players with updated ratings uploaded:

Jarek Cunningham
Willy Garcia

Owner name is Se7eNpatch

Just sort by owner and look for Se7eNpatch to find these players. Obviously there is not enough space on the 90 man roster for everyone so some will have to be placed in the free agent pool. This will allow Pirates fans to tailor who they want on the minor league rosters (real opening day MiLB rosters or more prospect heavy).

# 142 twinsfan34 @ 05/04/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroz
The Yanks have no "A" prospects? Fine. The Yanks have only one "B" prospect (Sanchez)? Not fine. They had three first-round picks last year (all performing great). And to leave off Severino (Top 10 prospect) entirely?

To underrate one guy is one thing. To underrate an entire organization sucks the life out of a franchise.

Again, thank you for all the hard work. It is flat-out awesome that you guys do this, and it is the only reason I play the game. I think that's what makes things like this more frustrating.
would take less than 75 seconds to edit all 3 and save the roster file. Done and Done.

# 143 twinsfan34 @ 05/04/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
OSFM is out!

Some notes and bonus players for download.

The initial set has some Pirates minor league players in the free agent lists.

Free Agent 1: Aaron Pribanic

Free Agent 2: Kyle McPherson, A.J. Morris, Cody Dickson, Blake Taylor, Tyler Waldron, Michael De La Cruz, Jose Osuna

Individual players available on the player vault for download:

Chad Kuhl
Dan Gamanche
Jacob Stallings
Jason Creasy
Jin-De Jhang
John Kuchno
Junior Sosa
Kenn Kasparek
Matt Benedict
Quinton Miller
Ralph Henriquez
Reese McGuire

I also have some players with updated ratings uploaded:

Jarek Cunningham
Willy Garcia

Owner name is Se7eNpatch

Just sort by owner and look for Se7eNpatch to find these players. Obviously there is not enough space on the 90 man roster for everyone so some will have to be placed in the free agent pool. This will allow Pirates fans to tailor who they want on the minor league rosters (real opening day MiLB rosters or more prospect heavy).
Good job...quick Fix!

# 144 teeds @ 05/04/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Yeah, isn't Appel's ceiling more of a #2/#3? Potentials for the Astros look pretty good, its others that might need some balancing. George Springer is obviously an SCEA CAP so his potential is way out there lol.
Yeah I don't have Springer as an A either. The Springer from my astros set is in the vault.

# 145 Knight165 @ 05/04/14 06:13 PM
I will definitely make up a "punch list" for corrections.

As for the "why this/why that?"....I'll definitely take them into consideration.....and I want to stress again...that I was giving a LOT of leeway this year in regards to potentials since we can all easily change them....at any point.

One thing I would like to say in regards to potentials...a lot of they guys being mentioned in this thread so far....while have a nice ceiling.....have a fairly to very low chance of hitting it. Not every "top 10" guy for every organization is going to pan out. Not even close.....and also...for guys not in...rather than just put in every prospect for the sake of having every prospect....a balance was sometimes struck.

Taking notes now.

M.K.
Knight165

# 146 BaylorBearBryant @ 05/04/14 06:16 PM
CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY!!! THANKS GUYS. ALMOST LIKE I DIDN'T MISS A BEAT THIS YEAR!

# 147 grgmths1433 @ 05/04/14 06:25 PM
Thank you for that's was involved in this creation! Grown men acting like kids, priceless! Haha

# 148 koberocks1 @ 05/04/14 06:40 PM
Buxton should be 80ovr and sano should be mid 70s

# 149 RyanLaFalce @ 05/04/14 06:47 PM
Just in time for the PS4 release! Thanks again guys!!

# 150 Knight165 @ 05/04/14 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroz
Waited a long time for these rosters, and I recognize how difficult and selfless this whole task is -- but the Yankees are a mess here. All three first-round picks from last year (Judge, Clarkin & Jagielo) are C's, despite each getting off to red-hot starts? No Severino (#9 Prospect on Baseball America)?

Thank you for all of the hard work -- but for some people the ratings are a whole lot more important than stances or equipment or faces. The research on that front seems to be lacking here.
I'm not saying this to defend....or to be contrary....but because I don't mind a little back and forth!

Actually it's BECAUSE of the research that I think this is correct.
The Yankees farm system is a mess.....well...because it IS a mess.
Notwithstanding the "hot starts"....every Yankee prospect except for Sanchez took a step backwards. The rest with "high" ceilings are LONGSHOTS at reaching even their mid to low ceilings. The rest are 50-50 at being MLB bench/regulars...
Severino is the YANKEES #9 prospect...not THE #9 prospect....and I created a Severino but I must have overlooked him when I finalized the roster I sent to Ridin.
He should be in and will be in the update.

M.K.
Knight165

# 151 dbacks_Nation @ 05/04/14 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Any obvious head scratchers for potential? Biggest one I could find was Matt Olson (OAK 1B) as a 94 when he's been getting 5's (ML average).
Michael Earley on the White Sox has a potential rating of 0

# 152 Metsfan31 @ 05/04/14 07:06 PM
Hey Knight, anyway of adding Travis Taijeron to the Mets system?

# 153 sxaalex @ 05/04/14 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm not saying this to defend....or to be contrary....but because I don't mind a little back and forth!

Notwithstanding the "hot starts"....every Yankee prospect except for Sanchez took a step backwards. The rest with "high" ceilings are LONGSHOTS at reaching even their mid to low ceilings. The rest are 50-50 at being MLB bench/regulars...
Severino is the YANKEES #9 prospect...not THE #9 prospect....and I created a Severino but I must have overlooked him when I finalized the roster I sent to Ridin.

M.K.
Knight165
What about joe panik do you think his contact rating is low can you look into it.Other then that thank you very much Mr Knight.

# 154 Ivanhoe @ 05/04/14 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
If only there were a way to adjust any potential rating that you may not agree with...

# 155 ILLICIT206 @ 05/04/14 07:12 PM
Thank you to everyone involved! These rosters are what makes The Show my favorite video game!

# 156 aburkitt @ 05/04/14 07:31 PM
Ivanhoe, nice job with the tigers. Ready to play with Moya, Suarez, Knebel, and company.

# 157 seanjeezy @ 05/04/14 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe
If only there were a way to adjust any potential rating that you may not agree with...
Shhh, that's supposed to be top secret!

# 158 k2thaz @ 05/04/14 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
Can make him...but agree. He's top 10 prospect.

Maybe he'll be in the vault(?) if someone else has made him. I plan on looking for him...and if he's not made, make him.

I've already added a few different prospects to the Twins from their top 25 prospects (Baseball America).
first round pick last year and #81 in Baseball America top 100. Reese should of made it

# 159 duc748s @ 05/04/14 07:37 PM
I just wanted to thank all those involved in completing another year of OSFM. Thank you for all your hard work and thank you for pushing it out prior to the PS4 release.

# 160 Knight165 @ 05/04/14 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thaz
first round pick last year and #81 in Baseball America top 100. Reese should of made it
He will be added in the first update.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.