Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SVCbearcat10 @ 05/05/14 10:22 AM
Totally forgot about this with it releasing tomorrow. Glad someone is on the ball still!

# 2 HustlinOwl @ 05/05/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
Totally forgot about this with it releasing tomorrow. Glad someone is on the ball still!
lol will have mine tomorrow

# 3 HustlinOwl @ 05/05/14 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
That's crazy! I'll have mine tomorrow too!
seems like a lot more people have it earlier this year than in the past. My last early copy was 2010

# 4 HighCmpPct @ 05/05/14 10:49 AM
Quote:
That's crazy! I'll have mine tomorrow too!
No way me too!

This is getting eerie.

# 5 aparks87 @ 05/05/14 11:02 AM
Yikes...even PNC has "Dungeon Lighting" in CF too. Hope Dev's patch the night game outfield lighting issues =/

Did anyone else notice how awesome the crowd sounded during tense moments? Maybe its just me...but it seems a bit better than i remember compared to PS3.

# 6 HustlinOwl @ 05/05/14 11:02 AM
Quote:
Owl, the game releases tomorrow. That's the joke I was making.
ummm yeah I know

# 7 aparks87 @ 05/05/14 11:20 AM
Quote:
Russell got on here and acknowledged the lighting issues in PNC and Busch. It'll be addressed.
Oh, sweet. Hadn't read that anywhere. Thanks for the heads up QP.

Nice to know this game has some great Dev's and people associated with the production of the game who read and respond to user's concerns.

# 8 HighCmpPct @ 05/05/14 12:03 PM
Man except for lights out in center everything else looked amazing!

I think what got me the most was how well the mascot looked actually, probably because I hadn't paid much attention to that yet in videos.

Ahhhhhhhhhh can't wait now!! Less than 24 hours!

# 9 wolfpack23 @ 05/05/14 12:20 PM
I am very encouraged that they are going to do something to resolve the night game lighting issue with some of the stadiums. It just goes to show you how much the developers care about the impression of their game. I thought I was doing pretty well with waiting to pick up my game tomorrow until I came into work today. Tomorrow could not come quick enough! I'm thinking that I will have some "outside appointments" with "clients" come up in the pm tomorrow. By "outside appointments" I mean going to gamestop and picking up my preorder and by "clients" I mean my ps4 and couch.

Here is my relevant comment to this thread....

Did anyone notice the new follow through's on some of the right handed hitters? This makes me a bit giddy since I didn't like how every player with a one-handed follow through swung like Joey Bats when he hit the ball hard.

# 10 Heroesandvillains @ 05/05/14 01:04 PM
Where did Ramone acknowledge the lighting problems?

# 11 Heroesandvillains @ 05/05/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The night lighting issues in St. Louis and Pittsburgh will be investigated.
Ahhhhh.....

Found it.

# 12 seanjeezy @ 05/05/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Where did Ramone acknowledge the lighting problems?
Not sure but Nick acknowledged it in his stream yesterday.

# 13 p_rushing @ 05/05/14 01:21 PM
Acknowledging and fixing are 2 different things. We will have to wait and see if they can fix it with a patch or not.

Great thing with the PS4 is that everything is installed on the hard drive though, so you would think most anything is patchable like a PC game is.

# 14 tnixen @ 05/05/14 01:23 PM
How many stadiums have these lighting issues?

# 15 The_Balm @ 05/05/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Great thing with the PS4 is that everything is installed on the hard drive though, so you would think most anything is patchable like a PC game is.
You don't need to install a game to patch it, you could patch games just fine last gen.

# 16 Cubs1984Nostaglia @ 05/05/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Russell got on here and acknowledged the lighting issues in PNC and Busch. It'll be addressed.
Fantastic. Happy he acknowledged it.

# 17 p_rushing @ 05/05/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
You don't need to install a game to patch it, you could patch games just fine last gen.
sorry but you can't patch something on disk, you would have to overwrite the code on the disk ... that is why patches were limited ... they could only patch things that were designed to be read from somewhere other than the disk

# 18 Aeonix01 @ 05/05/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
seems like a lot more people have it earlier this year than in the past. My last early copy was 2010

Mine too, before Walmart managers stopped overriding street date in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 19 Arrowhead21 @ 05/05/14 02:15 PM
so STL and PIT are the only stadiums with those issues? do we have any examples of a stadium where the night lighting is flawless by comparison or are they all kind of iffy at night?

# 20 Cowboy008 @ 05/05/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
so STL and PIT are the only stadiums with those issues? do we have any examples of a stadium where the night lighting is flawless by comparison or are they all kind of iffy at night?
Some things don't light up a guy posted a picture of the liberty bell at Citizens Bank Park and it was only half lit. I don't have the game so I don't know if any other stadiums have this problem. Hopefully the devs can find a way to fix it.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.