Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show will be available as a Day 1 digital download at 12:01 AM EST on May 6th. (SEE UPDATES BELOW) Similar to how users were able to download the PS3 version, expect it to be available at that time, give or take a few minutes.

It doesn't appear as though you will be able to pre-download, as some hoped with the latest PlayStation update. VG24/7 noted Watch Dogs will be the first game available for pre-download, releasing on May 27th.

UPDATE: As of 10:30 AM EST, the game is still not available to download.

UPDATE #2: Due to unforeseen technical issues, MLB 14 The Show for PS4 is not currently available for download via the PlayStation Store. All parties are working as quickly as possible to remedy the issue. We’ll update this post as soon as a resolution is reached. Thank you for your continued patience.

UPDATE #3: Based off of the many responses, the download should be available for everyone now.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 mgoblue678 @ 05/06/14 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
It has switched from pre order to buy now. Download will be available soon.
Still says pre-order for me.

# 122 HozAndMoose @ 05/06/14 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrising12
if im on my ps4 will it start or do i have to turn the system off and then back on?
you dont have to turn it off. It might auto download when available it might not.

# 123 dalger21 @ 05/06/14 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
You win the internets tonight.

# 124 seanjeezy @ 05/06/14 12:23 AM
michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

# 125 ondreythegiant @ 05/06/14 12:23 AM
Well we're at the buy now stage!

# 126 billll @ 05/06/14 12:23 AM
Jammin out to this Michael Jackson on the ps store while I wait lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 127 mgoblue678 @ 05/06/14 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Or maybe you should realize **** happens with internet and technology.
Yes it does, that is a good reason to not make the 12:01 statement in the first place.

# 128 erod550 @ 05/06/14 12:24 AM
Entitlement mentality? When a company tells me something I bought from them will be available at a certain time, I feel like they should make good on that. I don't see how that's an "entitlement mentality" to expect them to honor what they said.

# 129 dat boi Q @ 05/06/14 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
Comparing a video game to a no-excuses deadline at work. Ok.
It's a game for you but for them it is work, think about it.

# 130 loganmorrison1 @ 05/06/14 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's the sense of entitlement generation. Too much over parenting.
how is a ****in sense of entitlement, the game is advertised to be available for download at 12:01, if it said avilable Tuesday, no one would be bitching. God, I know there are some serious SCEA apologists on here but this is ridiculous.

# 131 rawgator06 @ 05/06/14 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtrauma87
im downlaoding it homie
how? is there a button somewhere to prompt it or is it auto?

# 132 Jello @ 05/06/14 12:25 AM
Yeah I don't get the laugh gif's and the people talking about entitlement issues in this thread. I'm not even planning on playing tonight so it's not that big a deal, but we're not acting entitled...we ARE entitled. We purchased a product and were told it would be available at a certain time. It's not. That's not very good business practice.

Why that's hilarious when people point it out I don't understand. But, whatever...

# 133 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
Doubt he is downloading it.. this thread would be fileld with FINALLY.

and Jello, it is mainly immaturity or the people that did not pre order through the store. Easy to ignore it.

# 134 WalkingSnake @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550
Entitlement mentality? When a company tells me something I bought from them will be available at a certain time, I feel like they should make good on that. I don't see how that's an "entitlement mentality" to expect them to honor what they said.
It's been 26 minutes... I somehow think you'll live, man.

# 135 ApolloKids @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
***Crickets***
If I were somehow trying to get an aural reaction from a sports message board at this point in my life I'd feel it was too late. I'm past the point of validating myself via anonymity. It seems like you on the other hand get off on policing a group of people you have no knowledge of, contact with, or control over. Telling someone to settle down when they are slightly upset over what they feel was a case of false advertising? I don't think so. The internet brings out the worst in people, giving false power to those with napoleon complexes.

Me settle down? No. I'm entitled to my reaction regardless of my registration date, post count, or lack of ironic, outdated avatar.

# 136 rawgator06 @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganmorrison1
how is a ****in sense of entitlement, the game is advertised to be available for download at 12:01, if it said avilable Tuesday, no one would be bitching. God, I know there are some serious SCEA apologists on here but this is ridiculous.
Have you heard of Diablo III? I couldnt play that for a week. Sim city? I could barely play that a month in. how about battlefield? they didnt get their **** sorted out...
chill

# 137 midnightbottle @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
every game you pre order to download does it. Just not the show.

# 138 Rickeysue @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
Yeah I don't get the laugh gif's and the people talking about entitlement issues in this thread. I'm not even planning on playing tonight so it's not that big a deal, but we're not acting entitled...we ARE entitled. We purchased a product and were told it would be available at a certain time. It's not. That's not very good business practice.

Why that's hilarious when people point it out I don't understand. But, whatever...
What makes you think they care? They already got the money.

# 139 Guga @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
First world problems...

# 140 WhiteM5 @ 05/06/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganmorrison1
I don't have a dog in this fight (sitting here on the west coast), but I agree with this post. Entitlement is when you think you deserve something for nothing. In this case, these guys have paid to be able to download the game at 12:01. How is that entitlement?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.