Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports has just announced Kevin Durant as the NBA 2K15 cover athlete. Expect it in stores on October 7th for Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 360 and PC.

The 2013-14 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player previously appeared with Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose in NBA 2K13 and wearing his Texas uniform in NCAA March Madness 08. We won't count the canned NBA Elite 11.

Check out the official press release below.

2K Announces 2014 NBA MVP Kevin Durant as NBA® 2K15 Cover Athlete

NBA 2K’s collaboration with the NBA’s best players continues in the next iteration of the legendary franchise

2K today announced that Oklahoma City Thunder superstar, four-time NBA scoring champion, and recently crowned 2014 NBA Most Valuable Player, Kevin Durant, will make his solo debut as video game cover athlete on NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. With the selection, Durant completes a banner year in which he garnered the NBA’s top award for the first time in his career and fulfilled his lifelong dream of being the feature athlete on an NBA 2K cover, all while cementing his legacy as one of the greatest players of this generation.

“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” said Durant, who is currently leading the Oklahoma City Thunder against Los Angeles Clippers during this year’s NBA Playoffs. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”

“We’re continually challenging ourselves to align the NBA 2K franchise with the best of this generation, and Kevin Durant brings one of the NBA’s greatest into our stable of kings,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for 2K. “Our goal is to consistently bring an unmatched experience for the millions of fans that play the NBA 2K series, while paralleling the NBA’s evolution and growth year-over-year.”

In addition to his accomplishments as four-time NBA scoring champion, and winning the 2014 NBA MVP award, Durant’s impressive basketball resume includes four All-NBA team selections, five NBA All-Star selections, and the 2007-2008 NBA Rookie of the Year award, solidifying him as the perfect choice to bring NBA 2K basketball to fans across the globe

2K also announced that customers can pre-order NBA 2K15 for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC by visiting http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K15.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on PS4™, PS3™, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on October 7, 2014 in North America and October 10, 2014 internationally.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ShogunTake @ 05/06/14 06:37 PM
I'm grateful to hear of any news on the next game, I guess

# 2 cb1115 @ 05/06/14 06:53 PM

# 3 Eman5805 @ 05/06/14 07:11 PM
Don't care about the cover athlete all that much. But I am interested in seeing just what strides the game will take to further separate itself from last gen. As well as the graphical improvements.

# 4 Jrocc23 @ 05/06/14 07:32 PM
Kind of surprised KD is the cover boy since he was on 2K13.

He deserves his own cover though. So, I don't have a problem with it.

# 5 Goffs @ 05/06/14 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23

Maaan....I had to Google just to jog my memory....I thought it was Jordan on the cover of 2k13.

# 6 Gramps91 @ 05/06/14 07:56 PM
Quote:

Same here, he deserves it.

I'm really hoping this year they give us back some features we had in the previous Association mode like cpu vs cpu in gm mode.

# 7 Jrocc23 @ 05/06/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Maaan....I had to Google just to jog my memory....I thought it was Jordan on the cover of 2k13.

I think it went, Jordan on 2K11 (The best 2K) and 2K12 with Magic and Bird. 2K13 had Durant, DRose and Blake.

Now that I think about it, Durant has been on 4 video game covers. NBA Elite 11, NCAA 08, 2K13 and now 2K15.

# 8 2ksportsnut @ 05/06/14 08:06 PM
and in the background a bunch of blacktop courts. Most likely another year were the casual arcade The Park mode returns.

# 9 Jrocc23 @ 05/06/14 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksportsnut
and in the background a bunch of blacktop courts. Most likely another year were the casual arcade The Park mode returns.

I am pretty sure it will return, but long as the official Crew Mode is back, I am cool with it.

Also, hopefully, they improve The Park, which I am sure they will.

# 10 VDusen04 @ 05/06/14 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksportsnut
Haha, I'm trying so hard to convince myself not to read too much into that whole spread up top, but I'd be lying if I said the appearance of all those courts alongside "Your time has come" didn't bum me out a little. I know, I know, I know, we now know 0.00001% of what NBA 2K15 will be all about, but with the 2K14 debacle, a mega playground and another allusion to the singular MyPlayer is not exactly what I wanted to see first.

That said, I like the selection of Kevin Durant as the cover athlete. I just could have gone for him standing on an NBA basketball court with a tagline like, "Simulation is back. Welcome to the future of authenticity" or something equally as corny, pointing toward a The Show-like re-commitment to reality.

I swear, any other year and I'd think it'd be goofy to draw any conclusions from a series of basketball courts in the background.

# 11 2ksportsnut @ 05/06/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
I am pretty sure it will return, but long as the official Crew Mode is back, I am cool with it.

I doubt the old Crew mode will return, they seem way more interested in pushing more casual friendly arcade modes now such as the Park and Myteam so they can make more money from VC microtransactions.

Even if they improve the Park a little bit next year, it will still be outdoors with limited rules and with casual sliders. Streetball gameplay will never be anywhere close to being SIM like. If people like arcade basketball were all you do is reach 100x a game, dunk and layup over players consistently, and throw unstoppable alley oops all game then thats fine. I just find it extremely boring.

# 12 DirtySouf @ 05/06/14 09:51 PM
I heard that Milli Vanilli was doing the soundtrack...

Please fix this d#$N game...

# 13 reptilexcq @ 05/06/14 10:19 PM
It doesn't matter who is on the cover, if they don't fix the canimation where the majority of the gameplay is dominated by animations, it will be terrible. Basically, camination stop users from having complete control of the game.

My message to 2K: LET USERS HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE GAME. Everything else you put in the game doesn't matter. Please think about making the game fun and making it fun for the users as oppose to sacrificing fun for the sake of realism and simulation. I mean realism and simulation is important but at the end of the day, it should be about fun and gaming.

# 14 Daddy123 @ 05/06/14 10:22 PM
Quote:

Park mode was already confirmed when they confirmed the nae nae will be in it. I hope they fix the problem so we dont have to wait 30 min to play a video game.

# 15 actuallybrown @ 05/06/14 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
It doesn't matter who is on the cover, if they don't fix the canimation where the majority of the gameplay is dominated by animations, it will be terrible. Basically, camination stop users from having complete control of the game.

My message to 2K: LET USERS HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE IN THE GAME. Everything else you put in the game doesn't matter.
The one thing I'll say about canimation is that a portion of it is 'momentum-based'. You can't really TRULY move wherever you want, however you want, if you want to be truly sim (gambling on D and cutting with low QUI rating must have consequences)...but I know what you mean in regards to dribble defense, gathers, layups, dunks, blocks, and collisions.

# 16 Melbournelad @ 05/06/14 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Haha, I'm trying so hard to convince myself not to read too much into that whole spread up top, but I'd be lying if I said the appearance of all those courts alongside "Your time has come" didn't bum me out a little. I know, I know, I know, we now know 0.00001% of what NBA 2K15 will be all about, but with the 2K14 debacle, a mega playground and another allusion to the singular MyPlayer is not exactly what I wanted to see first.

That said, I like the selection of Kevin Durant as the cover athlete. I just could have gone for him standing on an NBA basketball court with a tagline like, "Simulation is back. Welcome to the future of authenticity" or something equally as corny, pointing toward a The Show-like re-commitment to reality.

I swear, any other year and I'd think it'd be goofy to draw any conclusions from a series of basketball courts in the background.
Yeah after the massive disappointment of last year I'm weary of more underserving hype that 2k builds until October. Just wait until LD2K starts his usual marketing on OS lol.

# 17 NINJAK2 @ 05/06/14 11:51 PM
Hope this means 2k will do some work on kd's grill when it comes to 360/ps3 among many others.

# 18 VDusen04 @ 05/07/14 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Yeah after the massive disappointment of last year I'm weary of more underserving hype that 2k builds until October. Just wait until LD2K starts his usual marketing on OS lol.
Perhaps the subdued cover reveal is a sign of a toned down marketing machine this year. I actually kind of appreciated the news not being teased with a week's worth of riddles and "omg u guyz gonna flip when u c who we got to be on the cover!" types of posts and hints.

# 19 unk @ 05/07/14 06:07 AM
next-gen version for PC?

# 20 TemplateR @ 05/07/14 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unk
next-gen version for PC?

I also hope for Next-Gen Version of the PC.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.