Home
News Post

If you don't think the MVP award means something to Kevin Durant -- you haven't watched his acceptance speech.

K-D played nearly forty minutes per game during the regular season while averaging 32 points, 7.4 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game. So far in the playoffs he's only sitting an average three minutes per game while scoring 29 per game and improving his rebounding numbers. Needless to say, he's a star in all circumstances.

The small amount of votes that didn't go to Durant were cast for the The King, LeBron James. While Durant's incredible year and the regular season success of the Thunder made him the obvious choice, some feel that James is the best all-around player -- which opens up the "Define the MVP" discussion once again.

Sound Off: Is Durant the best player in basketball or simply the most valuable?

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 ClutchCity @ 05/14/14 04:03 PM
What does stats have to do with which team was better? No doubt OKC had a better team. I just don't understand why KD can't get his credit. He was clearly the better player this year overall.

Lebron's first shot at a title basically ended up like Durants. That's all I get out of it.

# 22 MattUM @ 05/14/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity
What does stats have to do with which team was better? No doubt OKC had a better team. I just don't understand why KD can't get his credit. He was clearly the better player this year overall.

Lebron's first shot at a title basically ended up like Durants. That's all I get out of it.
I don't think Durant deserves it any more than Lebron, but I'm okay with him winning. You can make a case for both, unlike when Bron got robbed by Rose.

# 23 The 24th Letter @ 05/14/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
I don't think Durant deserves it any more than Lebron, but I'm okay with him winning. You can make a case for both, unlike when Bron got robbed by Rose.

Don't do it Bulls fans

# 24 ProfessaPackMan @ 05/14/14 05:17 PM
***insert popcorn gif here***

# 25 MattUM @ 05/14/14 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't do it Bulls fans
Oh, no, I would love to hear the argument for Rose.

People were still salty after The Decision and robbed Bron.

# 26 cam21224 @ 05/14/14 05:33 PM
Just search the forums it's been beat to death brought back to life and done all over again numerous times.

# 27 ClutchCity @ 05/14/14 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
You shouldn't post your opinion about Durant winning MVP then. It was clear that Durant was better in the terms of numbers and performance this year most of it happened while Westbrook was injured. That doesn't make Durant the better player overall career wise. He just had one hell of a year therefore he is named. MVP, but since Durant never gets his credit from most of you on this forum its like oh well he got lucky.

# 28 OkayC @ 05/14/14 08:47 PM
Lol is it wrong of me to not have read a single post on this thread before posting myself ? Forgive me if i am, im just not willing to read the other three pages of arguments, stat spewing, and overreactive degrading/praising of players that has probably taken suit over the last few pages.

Anyway strictly answering the thread title. Durant is not better than lebron over his career, but was more consistent over the entire season. He earned mvp based on what i saw. I know heat/lebron fans might chew me out for saying it, but overall durant was better for a longer period of time THIS season. So merely stats wise, for this season alone, i would say kd was the best in basketball by a small margin for just this season.

# 29 ProfessaPackMan @ 05/14/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
Just search the forums it's been beat to death brought back to life and done all over again numerous times.
A lot of things have beat to death and brought back to life before. That's part of the cycle in the NBA Forums lol.

Besides, Bulls Fans vs Lebron Fans never get old and are always entertaining.

# 30 MattUM @ 05/14/14 09:27 PM
It's kind of ironic because Lebron could have gone to the Bulls instead of the Heat lol. Bulls fans would love Lebron and us Heat fans (albeit a lot less of them) would want Wade to be in the MVP race as our #1. In the end it's just the NBA.

# 31 BringTheHeat @ 05/14/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
A lot of things have beat to death and brought back to life before. That's part of the cycle in the NBA Forums lol.

Besides, Bulls Fans vs Lebron Fans never get old and are always entertaining.
I've made peace with most Bulls fans on here..but I'm a Heat fan first then a LeBron fan so I don't really have a deep hatred for the Bulls.

But I'm sure I'd get crap if I maybe said something like..Derrick Rose MVP=Charles Barkley MVP and KD MVP=Karl Malone MVP..

# 32 OkayC @ 05/14/14 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
It's quotes like this that show the lack of NBA 'intelligence' throughout our country.

Fellow Bulls fans know what Rose did that year. He carried that team to the best record in the NBA and was also Mr. 4th quarter. Averaged 25 and 8 from the point while playing phenomenal defense. He would've averaged a double-double EASILY, if he didn't have a bunch of brick-layers on his squad. Deng and Bogans were his best shooters. Korver was there, but didn't get a ton of playing time because he was abysmal on defense.

Just give credit where it's due. These LeBron "fans" man, I swear.......
What did you do??!!??

# 33 OkayC @ 05/14/14 11:18 PM
Quote:
LOL, I'm sorry man, but when I see pure nonsense like that, I have to say something.

LeBron joined 2 other superstars. Had a ton of shooters also. Of course he's going to ball out and put up numbers.

LeBron even said it himself after he made his decision that he was probably sacrificing MVP's.
Dude i agree, but is it really worth another 10 pages of "this dude deserved(s)" mvp for whatever reasons yall makeup.

# 34 MattUM @ 05/15/14 07:26 AM
Quote:
It's quotes like this that show the lack of NBA 'intelligence' throughout our country.

Fellow Bulls fans know what Rose did that year. He carried that team to the best record in the NBA and was also Mr. 4th quarter. Averaged 25 and 8 from the point while playing phenomenal defense. He would've averaged a double-double EASILY, if he didn't have a bunch of brick-layers on his squad. Deng and Bogans were his best shooters. Korver was there, but didn't get a ton of playing time because he was abysmal on defense.

Just give credit where it's due. These LeBron "fans" man, I swear.......
Bruh... So "intelligence" would be to agree with your completely biased opinion? Lol... Intelligence would be to argue and give valid reasons for your side and to disprove the other side.

Lebron showed why he's the MVP because of what happened to Cleveland. Cleveland went from winning 60+ to 20. Rose did play on a winning team, yet when he played 39 games the next season, the Bulls were still first in the east.

Lebron was a better scorer, rebounder, and defender. Only averaged .7 less assists than Rose yet beat him in everything else, including PER (1st vs 9th)
Westbrook put up similar #s to Rose yet got no votes.

Rose was overhyped and Bron was snubbed because of the decision. I might come back and edit and post more but I gotta roll.

# 35 MattUM @ 05/15/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
MVP IS A YEAR-TO-YEAR AWARD. Past and future performances don't factor in.
Nice argument bruh, I liked how you proved how Rose was more valuable with an in-depth analysis. You badger others on "intelligence" yet come back with **** like this? I'm not saying they should factor in, but if you look at it in hindsight, LBJ was most valuable. This was 3 years ago so we can see now who really was most valuable lol. They didn't know at the time, but as for giving it, LBJ had a better year IMO.

I'm cool tho, he can take that one. He won't get another...or a ring.

# 36 ojandpizza @ 05/15/14 02:21 PM
Let's just not have the D Rose discussion again, at least until the offseason when there is nothing better to talk about anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 37 MattUM @ 05/15/14 02:52 PM
Lol yeah I'm done, neither of us is gonna change anybody's mind. No hard feelings brah.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.