Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports will add 11 more Euroleague basketball teams for NBA 2K15, bringing the total to 25 teams. Check out the NBA 2K15 trailer here (no 2K15 footage shown).

Here is the full list of 25 teams (new teams that were added shown in bold)
  • Alba Berlin
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Brose Baskets Bamberg
  • Budivelnik Kyiv
  • Crvena Zvezda Telekom Belgrade
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milan
  • FC Barcelona
  • FC Bayern Munich
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul
  • JSF Nanterre
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
  • Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius
  • Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Partizan NIS Belgrade
  • Real Madrid
  • Stelmet Zielona Góra
  • Strasbourg
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
It will be interesting to see if we can play with these teams in other modes this year. No other details have been revealed. We'll update when we hear anything.

Read the full press release below.

2K Announces Expanded Euroleague Lineup for NBA® 2K15

25 Euroleague Basketball teams playable exclusively in NBA 2K15

2K announced today that NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*, will include additional teams and players from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague as part of their exclusive multi-year global partnership. NBA 2K15 will be available on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

NBA 2K15 will feature 11 additional teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague, including top-level FC Bayern Munich of Germany, JSF Nanterre of France, Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul of Turkey and Partizan NIS Belgrade of Serbia, bringing the total number of playable Euroleague teams to 25, including every team that participated in the 2013-14 Turkish Airlines Euroleague. All squads will be fully updated to reflect trades accurate to the day of release**.

“The global response to the integration of Euroleague teams into the NBA 2K series last year was fantastic, and a key factor in our decision to include the full complement of 2013-14 Euroleague teams in NBA 2K15,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “We know there’s a huge passion for basketball in Europe, and we’re excited to further expand the number of playable European teams to make this the most comprehensive basketball game ever.”

"After an exciting start last year, our partnership with 2K takes another strong step forward with an expansion of the Euroleague Basketball teams in NBA 2K15," added Jordi Bertomeu, President and CEO of Euroleague Basketball. "The appeal of our style of basketball to video game fans was evident right away with just 14 Euroleague Basketball teams last year, and we are sure that seeing many more of them in NBA 2K15 will be another hit."

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dmanning2 @ 05/16/14 08:18 AM
2k need to add more classic / retro teams not these European teams. That no one uses this in NBA 2k. N.B.A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 Smirkin Dirk @ 05/16/14 08:19 AM
It's nice for the Euro fans, but I actually forgot Euro teams are in 2K14

# 3 AirJordanFan93 @ 05/16/14 08:19 AM
Id rather them add 25 new legend teams than the Euro League

# 4 Optik @ 05/16/14 08:25 AM
Try not to be so US-centric guys. Europe needs to eat too.

# 5 YaBoial @ 05/16/14 08:27 AM
it would be nice if we could play with the euroleague teams online

# 6 TemplateR @ 05/16/14 08:31 AM
If they add more Euroleague Teams, then they should have his own Modus. Or they should implement it to "MyCarrer"-Modus.

# 7 Cryolemon @ 05/16/14 08:54 AM
I'd prefer national teams to more Euro League teams.

# 8 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 08:56 AM
I think this is great for Euro fans and it's nice to see some diversity. I would really like to see a FIBA mode added in the future too, playing with Team USA would be awesome. Maybe you could get to pick your own squad for the USA team.

# 9 Boltman @ 05/16/14 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR
If they add more Euroleague Teams, then they should have his own Modus. Or they should implement it to "MyCarrer"-Modus.
I wish we could do a mycareer with Euroleague clubs. That would be awesome.

Sent from my GS4 using TT

# 10 TemplateR @ 05/16/14 09:00 AM
Wait. How can it be 25 Teams? Isn´t only 24 Teams playing in the "Turkish Airlines Euroleague"?

# 11 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
I wish we could do a mycareer with Euroleague clubs. That would be awesome.

Sent from my GS4 using TT
Or make it so that if you do poorly enough in the draft combine/showcase (hoping they bring back the combine) you could fall to the 2nd round or even undrafted. Maybe you could go play a year overseas and try to be scouted.

# 12 TemplateR @ 05/16/14 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Or make it so that if you do poorly enough in the draft combine/showcase (hoping they bring back the combine) you could fall to the 2nd round or even undrafted. Maybe you could go play a year overseas and try to be scouted.
Well, the the problem with "playing overseas" is, that 2k must also license some national leagues to be scouted, not just the Euroleague.

If 2k intended to add more Teams from Europe, then I would prefer as an Europe-Expansion of NBA. But not just for a Europe-Division, more like a Europeleague like "NFL Europe" does.

# 13 iker30 @ 05/16/14 09:23 AM
they shouldn't waste money for euroleague teams but they should try to get licenses for players like Barkley, Kareem, Reggie Miller, Webber, Yao and so on.

# 14 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
they shouldn't waste money for euroleague teams but they should try to get licenses for players like Barkley, Kareem, Reggie Miller, Webber, Yao and so on.
You're wrong. Basketball is a GLOBAL game and I think they have a wide audience overseas in Europe and beyond. You should know that coming from Germany...I like it. It's a nice addition.

Besides they could do both, they have enough money.

# 15 montesixpac @ 05/16/14 09:42 AM
This is a very cool add for the Euroleague fans. I'm sure if I lived there and was a fan, I would be very excited.

Personally, I'll never touch any of the Euroleague stuff and would much rather have more legend teams. I really want a Suns team with Thunder Dan and Barkley.

# 16 Smirkin Dirk @ 05/16/14 09:47 AM
Everyone knows 2K cant go to the next level until they include Australian teams.

# 17 heelphreak @ 05/16/14 10:02 AM
I play a quick match with euro teams a few times a month. I like it, and i know less than 1% of the players on the rosters. It's gotta be great for european basketball fans.

# 18 MattyEdgeworth @ 05/16/14 10:25 AM
I like it, its nice to have the option to play with European teams. Whats the issue? Why would you complain about having MORE options. Plus it could lead to more career mode options.

# 19 JasonWilliams55 @ 05/16/14 10:33 AM
I am a hardcore diehard 2k fan, and tbh I have never played with a euro team in 14 cause the authenticity is not there, the crowds are the same as NBA ones, etc.

What 2K needs to do is leave NBA2K to NBA teams, current and retro. Then have a Euro2K and provide Europe with their own release, redo the presentation/authenticity/etc to make it a complete separate launch.

Then release Euro 2K as DLC for NBA2K14 sometime later on.

Space would be freed (if its needed now) on the NBA side and would give them plenty of more space to add audio content to the Euro side (crowd chants etc).

# 20 knick9 @ 05/16/14 10:35 AM
There was zero point in having them this year, it's all about selling more games in Europe.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.