Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports will add 11 more Euroleague basketball teams for NBA 2K15, bringing the total to 25 teams. Check out the NBA 2K15 trailer here (no 2K15 footage shown).

Here is the full list of 25 teams (new teams that were added shown in bold)
  • Alba Berlin
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Brose Baskets Bamberg
  • Budivelnik Kyiv
  • Crvena Zvezda Telekom Belgrade
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milan
  • FC Barcelona
  • FC Bayern Munich
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul
  • JSF Nanterre
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
  • Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius
  • Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Partizan NIS Belgrade
  • Real Madrid
  • Stelmet Zielona Góra
  • Strasbourg
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
It will be interesting to see if we can play with these teams in other modes this year. No other details have been revealed. We'll update when we hear anything.

Read the full press release below.

2K Announces Expanded Euroleague Lineup for NBA® 2K15

25 Euroleague Basketball teams playable exclusively in NBA 2K15

2K announced today that NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*, will include additional teams and players from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague as part of their exclusive multi-year global partnership. NBA 2K15 will be available on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

NBA 2K15 will feature 11 additional teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague, including top-level FC Bayern Munich of Germany, JSF Nanterre of France, Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul of Turkey and Partizan NIS Belgrade of Serbia, bringing the total number of playable Euroleague teams to 25, including every team that participated in the 2013-14 Turkish Airlines Euroleague. All squads will be fully updated to reflect trades accurate to the day of release**.

“The global response to the integration of Euroleague teams into the NBA 2K series last year was fantastic, and a key factor in our decision to include the full complement of 2013-14 Euroleague teams in NBA 2K15,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “We know there’s a huge passion for basketball in Europe, and we’re excited to further expand the number of playable European teams to make this the most comprehensive basketball game ever.”

"After an exciting start last year, our partnership with 2K takes another strong step forward with an expansion of the Euroleague Basketball teams in NBA 2K15," added Jordi Bertomeu, President and CEO of Euroleague Basketball. "The appeal of our style of basketball to video game fans was evident right away with just 14 Euroleague Basketball teams last year, and we are sure that seeing many more of them in NBA 2K15 will be another hit."

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
Basketball is a global game but this is NBA 2k and not Basketball 2k.
Lol, okay and the NBA isn't global? Have you heard about Kobe Bryant in China? Jeremy Lin? The Greek Freak, Manu, Tony Parker, etc.

The NBA is global, and I think it should be in the game. I like the options, as someone said...why complain about more options?

They are trying to increase their fan-base just like the real NBA is, it's a business.

# 22 Mintsa @ 05/16/14 10:53 AM
2k is probably trying to grow nba2k the video game in Europe by adding more euro league teams......it makes sense if you think about.

# 23 Shadojoker @ 05/16/14 10:58 AM
2K did this the same reason why Xbox One went with total home entertainment vs gaming system. ...global or broader reach! This is just to get international sales and reach the global market. In my opinion they should do 2 versions. 1 for Euroleague and 1 replace the Euro league with more CLASSIC NBA teams! (2k fans been asking this for more of these years)

# 24 RumbleCard @ 05/16/14 11:02 AM
I wouldn't mind if they followed in the footsteps of FIFA and allowed you to select from a huge pool of teams within their own league.

But what their offering is a far cry from what FIFA has. There's well over 25 different leagues in FIFA.

In my opinion unless you can offer the ability to play through different leagues this is nothing more than pandering for a few more overseas buys than a legitimate shot at offering something of real substance.

# 25 Bowinkle08 @ 05/16/14 11:03 AM
i have yet to use even one Euroleague basketball team in 2k14. dont really care if they add 11 more however it is kool for the ppl over in europe to play with their teams. just not something i'm personally interested in as something they add.

# 26 kevin young @ 05/16/14 11:25 AM
where is the freaking patch 5 for 2k 14??????????????????????????????????????????

# 27 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/16/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
2k need to add more classic / retro teams not these European teams. That no one uses this in NBA 2k. N.B.A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This! I don't have a problem with them adding more Euro teams because I understand it from a marketing perspective & them trying to reach a broader audience, but I hope this doesn't take away from the classic teams. 2K needs to make sure they keep classic teams & legends in the game. It would be nice for them to add a few more (Reggie Miller's Pacers, Barkley's Suns, etc..)

# 28 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
So what exactly have those players to do with european teams being in an NBA game? Absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter if the NBA is global. This is an NBA game and last time I checked, none of these teams are part of the NBA.
Lmao you don't get it, no use arguing.

They are global players, they increase awareness in their respective countries. The NBA is expanding globally and 2K is trying to follow that as well. That's literally all it is, it's a pretty simple concept to grasp. If you can't see the connection between those players I mentioned and European teams then I can't really help you.

Why is everyone freaking out about this? This is a nice addition and a cool concept. If you don't use it, fine. Some people probably love it and it might increase sales elsewhere other than the United States too.

I agree 2K doesn't have the best track record and I'm not advocating for them, I just think it's nice to see.

# 29 VDusen04 @ 05/16/14 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
I like it, its nice to have the option to play with European teams. Whats the issue? Why would you complain about having MORE options. Plus it could lead to more career mode options.
The only possible issue I would have with this addition is if it ends up being in lieu of improving or adding more NBA classic teams. I feel it is realistic to have that worry, like they'll be trading their "extra team" work from NBA to Euro. And my issue with that, at its core, is that this is an NBA video game, and I would be bummed to see NBA aspects dropped for non-NBA features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Lol, okay and the NBA isn't global? Have you heard about Kobe Bryant in China? Jeremy Lin? The Greek Freak, Manu, Tony Parker, etc.

The NBA is global, and I think it should be in the game. I like the options, as someone said...why complain about more options?
I think some folks (myself included) are weary about non-NBA inclusions because we fear it may mean less emphasis may be placed on actual NBA aspects. For instance, as mentioned above, I think it's reasonable to wonder what the inclusion and concentration of more Euroleague teams may mean for the bolstering of classic NBA teams, featuring real NBA legends, Hall of Famers, teams, courts, and logos.

If 2K was able to say, "Hey! We added more classic teams! And we fixed the heads of the weird looking legends! And Shawn Kemp has his signature cuff dunk! AND we added more Euroleague teams just because we can!"... then that'd be cool. Unfortunately, I believe many feel the Euros will be at the expense of something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
no soundtrack news this late in the year, no news about any new features that they might hinting towards? but yet we get euroleague teams?

i'd even take "we've fixed our online servers", we've also implemented defense and the addition of crew mode on next gen over any other news right now.
For whatever it's worth, May 16 is historically extremely early for any NBA 2K news. I cannot recall a time in the past where we've ever really received something of substance at this point. For instance, the 2k14 soundtrack was not announced last year until the end of July.

That said, if you were just being sarcastic, it went straight over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This! I don't have a problem with them adding more Euro teams because I understand it from a marketing perspective & them trying to reach a broader audience, but I hope this doesn't take away from the classic teams. 2K needs to make sure they keep classic teams & legends in the game. It would be nice for them to add a few more (Reggie Miller's Pacers, Barkley's Suns, etc..)
Wholeheartedly agree. Euros could be fun additions if they were done correctly (they were not last year) but I'd never, ever, ever, ever want their addition to be at the expense of classic NBA teams.

# 30 J_Posse @ 05/16/14 12:28 PM
I like this addition, but only if they've made these teams completely editable and they don't use these players likenesses for missing players. Adding more diverse teams and play styles is always a good thing, IMO. They gotta make the atmosphere and court appearance more authentic too.

The addition of more legend/historic teams is dependent on too many variables, so I believe that is a feature that will be decreasing and not increasing.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 31 J_Posse @ 05/16/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I wouldn't mind if they followed in the footsteps of FIFA and allowed you to select from a huge pool of teams within their own league.

But what their offering is a far cry from what FIFA has. There's well over 25 different leagues in FIFA.

In my opinion unless you can offer the ability to play through different leagues this is nothing more than pandering for a few more overseas buys than a legitimate shot at offering something of real substance.
Agreed, but basketball is a far more difficult game to implement so many leagues and players. And FIFA has been including all these teams since the early to mid 1990's. Maybe in the future 2K can expand this feature to that insane level.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 32 VDusen04 @ 05/16/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I like this addition, but only if they've made these teams completely editable and they don't use these players likenesses for missing players. Adding more diverse teams and play styles is always a good thing, IMO. They gotta make the atmosphere and court appearance more authentic too.

The addition of more legend/historic teams is dependent on too many variables, so I believe that is a feature that will be decreasing and not increasing.
Respectfully, which variables may you be referring when speaking of classic teams? With the exception of 2-4 prominent stars (Charles Barkley, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Reggie Miller and Chris Webber), 2K has seemed very capable of getting just about any other player to agree to have their likeness used in their series. We tend to focus on who is not in versus who has actually agreed in the past (virtually every other legend in NBA history).

Further, I say this with less certainty, but I feel as though I heard before that there's a number of retired players who can be used collectively if they're all a part of the retired players association with which 2K comes to terms. This would mean, in theory, while Scottie Pippin may require individual negotiation at some point, Tom Tolbert may not. Either way, it hasn't seemed to be too much of an effort for 2K to maintain the classics as they are. They appeared to be largely ignored for the previous two years while still providing 7-11 authentic players on each roster.

Even then, if securing rights did become a problem, there's many classic teams that could be used that'd require little else but an authentic classic court, jerseys (which may already exist) and some player re-allocation. We always go back to this, but many players for the 2000 Toronto Raptors are already in 2K. However, it's tough to create that squad from scratch while using a homecourt that is so distinct to the current Raptors squad while some of the players included could probably benefit from an art update and signatures (ex: a younger Vince Carter).

# 33 VDusen04 @ 05/16/14 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Umm, i think you have your facts screwed up bro. Historically, 2k up until 2 years ago released info on the soundtrack in the beginning of the year.
They even used to look towards the 2k community for input for the upcoming soundtrack. Hosting contests to see who could be a producer or an mc and find themselves on the next NBA 2k soundtrack. This is before all the money got to their heads. Now they're no different from how EA is. If anything, the soundtrack to a game should be one of the first things taken care of from a videogame because it has nothing to do with actually creating the game. How hard could it be to select 20 songs to be on a soundtrack and let us in on it a few months before the game drops? it would cost them nothing.(not literally, but you know what im saying.)

Check the dates VDusen!

This was for 2k11
">

This was for 2k12

">
I believe we were on two different wavelengths in this regard. It was my belief you were referencing the release of the soundtrack as news. I did not understand you were referring to the announcement of soundtrack contests. I admit the contest announcements often slip under my radar because they feature little to no worthy information.

My cited dates were in reference to the releasing of the actual track lists, which tend to come at the end of July (http://www.operationsports.com/news/...press-release/).

# 34 Junior Moe @ 05/16/14 01:04 PM
I may be in the minority here, but this is exactly what I have been hoping for. I get the legends angle, I really do. I have fun playing with them against my buddies. But I spend 90% of my time in MyGM/Association modes. I enjoyed playing exhibition games with the Euro squads, too. I even discovered a few players I really like and would love to play a Euro season with and try to win a title. Even if for no other reason than a change of pace. I think that it could add more depth to the Association or even MyPlayer modes if done right. Imagine being able to draft the rights to a player in the Euro League and being able to play with them before they come across the pond. Maybe even have the player decide to stay over there like Ricky Rubio did a few years back. More options is always good IMO.

# 35 MikeJ2021 @ 05/16/14 01:50 PM
I don't know about others but this is very disappointing news to me. I'm not against Euro league teams and I like the idea of including them because this game is a global game. But this just lets me know that, once again, 2K is ignoring the D League and the Summer League.

The D League is too important to the NBA to keep ignoring it. Adding the D League and the Summer League to MyPlayer and MYGM would only increase the depths of these modes and put it up there with MLB The Show, NHL and FIFA as far as being the greatest modes sports games have to offer. Instead they just keep focusing on attracting more money and more attention.

I wouldn't be disappointed if I knew they were capable of adding the Euro teams and the D League. I mean, The Show has 90 teams and over 2,700 players in the game that are all editable in some way and that's been going on way before PS4 so 2K has no excuse. However, I'm pretty sure that if 2K hasn't added that many players and teams then, they won't do so now.

This isn't a deal breaker for me and I'm going to be the ones preordering it, just for the opportunity to play with Wiggins, Parker and Embiid alone, but this news does nothing for me.

# 36 emelki1968 @ 05/16/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Basketball is a global game but this is NBA 2k and not Basketball 2k.
So if we follow your great logic, that means in Madden 15 they should onle have teams part of the "Madden league"!! What a great videogame that can be.
As a Spaniard I am very happy for the new, but to be honest. The Legend Teams from NBA2k12 was the best ever, and until they don't do something like that, NBA2k won't be the same. I have friends that since then haven't bought the game.
Also, I don't even know were they have the Euroleague in the last game. The menu is just horrendous...like my English.

# 37 KingTocco @ 05/16/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021
I don't know about others but this is very disappointing news to me. I'm not against Euro league teams and I like the idea of including them because this game is a global game. But this just lets me know that, once again, 2K is ignoring the D League and the Summer League.

The D League is too important to the NBA to keep ignoring it. Adding the D League and the Summer League to MyPlayer and MYGM would only increase the depths of these modes and put it up there with MLB The Show, NHL and FIFA as far as being the greatest modes sports games have to offer. Instead they just keep focusing on attracting more money and more attention.

I wouldn't be disappointed if I knew they were capable of adding the Euro teams and the D League. I mean, The Show has 90 teams and over 2,700 players in the game that are all editable in some way and that's been going on way before PS4 so 2K has no excuse. However, I'm pretty sure that if 2K hasn't added that many players and teams then, they won't do so now.

This isn't a deal breaker for me and I'm going to be the ones preordering it, just for the opportunity to play with Wiggins, Parker and Embiid alone, but this news does nothing for me.
Who said they are abandoning the D-League idea? No where in the news does it state anything regarding that. It was just news that they are adding 11 more Euroleague teams.

Maybe this is the year they add all sorts of features and make it an amazing game and maybe it isn't. We don't know and won't know until the game is out.

Stop reading so much into this.

# 38 emelki1968 @ 05/16/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Here we go again. Nobody asked for this and they added more teams that nobody uses. They need to scrap the Euro League teams all together from the game. Those resources could somewhere else that needs them.
So you thinkk they are not tracking the use of the Euroleague teams and realize that a lot of european players are using them. That is why they are adding more teams. And because the license is much cheaper that just Charles Barkley they decide to go that rout? Stop complainig about something thy are adding. The Euroleague is not the reason why they are not adding the Classic teams. It is money and greed.

# 39 Daddy123 @ 05/16/14 02:05 PM
I am sure nobody in the US cares, I dont either.. but the euro people love it.. so I am happy for them. Wish they would add some 2000 teams though. Would love to play with Gilbert Arenas Wizards/2000 Raptors etc.

# 40 MikeJ2021 @ 05/16/14 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Who said they are abandoning the D-League idea? No where in the news does it state anything regarding that. It was just news that they are adding 11 more Euroleague teams.

Maybe this is the year they add all sorts of features and make it an amazing game and maybe it isn't. We don't know and won't know until the game is out.

Stop reading so much into this.
Not going to turn this it to a bigger issue than it is. But I'm basing my opinion on past actions. Not just this announcement. D League hasn't been in 2K since 2K10. In 2K10 there was just these teams and the NBDL teams. No legends teams, no euro teams. Like I said, 2K has always been capable of adding more teams to the game. Just look at the Show.

Now, like I said my first original post, I think Euro league teams in 2K is good for the game. But I can be disappointed if I feel that they might be ignoring the D League again.

Now if you think they will add those teams to it too then more power to you. I hope you're 100% right and I hope my concerns are 100% wrong. But isn't the point of a message board is to interpret the news how you see fit, draw an opinion, and then comment on it without someone saying you're reading too much into it? We're all reading too much in to it to some extent lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.