Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 allBthere @ 05/20/14 06:39 PM
polygon was a good read and touched on very important points:

"What I did notice throughout was a sensible use of momentum from punch to kick to movement that, in the long run, required me to think strategically about my strike combinations. If I threw an unreasonable number of strikes in other MMA games, they would step in to artificially reduce their effectiveness according to a stamina rating. In EA Sports UFC, the game's natural animation of moving from, say a roundhouse kick to a body blow from the opposite hand, if you're panicking and keying in those strikes, reduces the effectiveness of such a combination on its own."

That combined with an approval of the 3 stages of fighting (standup, clinch and ground)

# 2 jaredsmith83 @ 05/21/14 07:56 AM
From reading the Polygon article, it seems like they've managed to take the best of both worlds as far as the controls go and mesh them together. I'm still a bit concerned with the ground game. It was entirely too easy to transition into a mount in the EA MMA game and what I was reading about the ground game has me worried that it is going to be like that. I'm definitely curious about the submission defense though, it seems like it will give a decent challenge. I still think that it is better than shining/mashing to escape. Hopefully this turns out as good as its sounding. I'm more excited now after reading some of these articles.

# 3 Phobia @ 05/21/14 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
That just sounds like a positive way of saying, "throw as much as you want, stamina won't limit you" to me. Yikes.
Not from how I'm interpreting it. It is basically saying that the natural flow of momentum would mean a round house kick then opposite hand body blow would deal less damage and carry you into a unfavorable position due to the momentum. I have no idea where you got that stamina won't matter.

# 4 LingeringRegime @ 05/21/14 10:29 AM
Poor Benson Henderson.

He only kicked off the fence once, and now he gets kicked ad nauseam through these trailers.

# 5 scottyp180 @ 05/21/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Not from how I'm interpreting it. It is basically saying that the natural flow of momentum would mean a round house kick then opposite hand body blow would deal less damage and carry you into a unfavorable position due to the momentum. I have no idea where you got that stamina won't matter.
My same thoughts. The momentum and physics are more natural and realistic instead of allowing the user to throw any combination of kicks and punches effectively. I'm sure that stamina is still taken account for. This is the same team behind fight night so i trust they have an understanding of how stamina effects fighters and fights.

# 6 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/21/14 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
My same thoughts. The momentum and physics are more natural and realistic instead of allowing the user to throw any combination of kicks and punches effectively. I'm sure that stamina is still taken account for. This is the same team behind fight night so i trust they have an understanding of how stamina effects fighters and fights.
My one worry is that according to how they programmed fight night champion, they don't understand countering. According to fight night, you could only be countered off a miss or parried punch. Sticking a hard jab or cross into the face of someone attempting a wild haymaker before it landed did not register as a counter. The early counter of beating someone to the punch and landing while thier momentum is moving foward is one of the most devistating and potentially fight ending shots you can land. Also stamina was still a little too forgiving in fight night champion. Not as bad as default mode on UFC 3, but still too frogiving.

# 7 Toma @ 05/21/14 04:55 PM
Couple of questions.

1. Will GameFace be as good as Madden 13 was, and when will we be able to upload and setup our fighter?

2. Are we able to upload our own song to our created fighters entrance music?

Those are all I got for now. I assume the answer to my #2 question is a NO because this is the first time the game was created so I am sure they were just working on CORE stuff and not additional things like that.

If someone can please confirm, that would be awesome.

Thanks.

# 8 aholbert32 @ 05/21/14 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma
Couple of questions.

1. Will GameFace be as good as Madden 13 was, and when will we be able to upload and setup our fighter?

2. Are we able to upload our own song to our created fighters entrance music?

Those are all I got for now. I assume the answer to my #2 question is a NO because this is the first time the game was created so I am sure they were just working on CORE stuff and not additional things like that.

If someone can please confirm, that would be awesome.

Thanks.
1. No one knows yet. Probably wont know until release.
2. No because neither system recognizes mp3s at this point.

# 9 Toma @ 05/21/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
1. No one knows yet. Probably wont know until release.
2. No because neither system recognizes mp3s at this point.
Thanks for the response.

# 10 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/21/14 08:21 PM
It's a safe bet that Game Face will be good. It has been good in every EA Sports game except Tiger Woods Golf. This team that worked on fight night Champion used Game Face, and it was great. My character actually looked like me a lot. Where I looked Arabic in Tiger Woods. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but, not too many people are gonna confuse this Italian/Irish halfbreed with an Arab.

# 11 Toma @ 05/22/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
It's a safe bet that Game Face will be good. It has been good in every EA Sports game except Tiger Woods Golf. This team that worked on fight night Champion used Game Face, and it was great. My character actually looked like me a lot. Where I looked Arabic in Tiger Woods. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but, not too many people are gonna confuse this Italian/Irish halfbreed with an Arab.
Well I used the XBOX Vision Camera on Fight Night Champion and same for EA Sports MMA and my god it was horrible...

# 12 aholbert32 @ 05/22/14 12:45 PM
Quote:
Well I used the XBOX Vision Camera on Fight Night Champion and same for EA Sports MMA and my god it was horrible...
Cameras arent used for Gameface anymore. You upload a pic to the EA website. Its much better.

# 13 Toma @ 05/22/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Cameras arent used for Gameface anymore. You upload a pic to the EA website. Its much better.
I am aware of that. Game Face is WAY better than what they used in Fight Night Champion and EA Sports MMA

# 14 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/22/14 02:22 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I have always used the website. They even tell you it is better quality to use the website. It's really a simple process and will be there for all EA games that use gameface once you upload it. If you still have fight night champion, or Fifa, or another game that uses gameface. Upload a pic to EA's site then test it out ingame. You will see a great difference.

# 15 CaliDude916 @ 05/23/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Still looks way too robotic to me. I need a demo to push me over the edge.
I don't see your guys' claim with this. It's not even close to robotic looking as THQ's games were. I think it looks good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.