Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 patch #5 is available now for the PS4. It should arrive for Xbox One users within 48 hours. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: The patch is available now for Xbox One users.

General
  • Voice Chat should now be much more reliable when three or more people on a team are voice-enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where users would not see server-based content (thumbnails in the store, NBA Today video, clothes in The Park) when signing into a first party account after having already booted the game.
  • Fixed an in issue in MyCAREER where an in-game save (specifically, in the game before you were set to receive your own signature shoe) would freeze when attempting to later load the file.
  • In MyCAREER, the On-Court Coach signature skill will now properly allow you to call plays when equipped.
  • In MyGM, fixed an issue where no players would appear (in specific circumstances) in the list when attempting to propose a trade.
  • Fixed in issue in Online Leagues that prevented some users from being able to matchmake against select other users. Online Leagues in general should be much more stable now.
  • Duplicate players (the same player from different years) are no longer allowed in the same lineup for a MyTEAM game, as was originally intended.
  • The default quarter length in MyCAREER has been reset to 6 minute quarters, as originally intended. Users are welcome to re-adjust as necessary.

The Park
  • Addressed an issue where specific player types were unable to complete alley-oops.
  • Users will no longer experience a freeze when loading into The Park after previously playing a different MyCAREER file that was terminated by quitting out of the Rookie Showcase.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes stop moving or even skip/glitch around the court when spectating a game.
  • Fixed an issue where a game would sometimes disconnect when another player quit the match.
  • Players will no longer get stuck after lining up to start a game if another user drops/quits right as the game is about to start.
  • Addressed a very rare crash that would occur when users would spam their controllers while waiting on a ‘Got Next’ spot.
  • Fixed an issue where a user playing on controller two will not up in The Park on other user’s screens.
  • A number of other smaller Park changes have been made to increase the stability and overall performance of this feature.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tariqosuave @ 05/20/14 07:06 PM
I appreciate the effort but ehhhh.

# 2 Coltsnpacers @ 05/20/14 07:07 PM
How about fixing the servers 2k?

# 3 kjjnesb @ 05/20/14 07:07 PM
Never used the park but had no clue it was that broken...

# 4 thewb27 @ 05/20/14 07:08 PM
Still no contract fix in MyCareer....bogus and after 5 patches should've been dealt with.

# 5 23 @ 05/20/14 07:10 PM
We couldnt put a few gameplay things in there... just all online stuff?

Just... ok man

# 6 Dannyld @ 05/20/14 07:10 PM
This is very unimpressive.

# 7 knick9 @ 05/20/14 07:13 PM
A few fixes to problems that should have been fixed months ago aaaaaand...

# 8 oouie433 @ 05/20/14 07:15 PM
Wow,

This was NOT worth the wait...

# 9 Andrews @ 05/20/14 07:16 PM
Thats it? More disappointment with 2K. Oh well, back to playing The Show CYA next year

# 10 siraulo234 @ 05/20/14 07:17 PM
i'll take it

i didnt even expect patch #5 tbh so yeah

# 11 DJ_Solis @ 05/20/14 07:17 PM
I'm just glad that On Court Coach will work now. Maybe now that I can plays, I won't have to score so much.
Just started playing more Park mode so hopefully it runs smoother with less glitches. Overall, I'm happy with the patch.
I didn't see anything about shoes though. Did I miss something or is that supposed to come even later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 12 Furq @ 05/20/14 07:18 PM
Wasn't expecting gameplay changes but hoping the audio bug is fixed

# 13 Dannyld @ 05/20/14 07:19 PM
I'd love to see the audio bug fixed, the glitched shorts fixed, and I'd love to know why every time the inbounder tosses the ball to my PG, I always jump at it like a tard. (MyCareer)

# 14 Gstate_510 @ 05/20/14 07:20 PM
I'm watching the 2k stream right now they said they fixed some gameplay stuff but wasn't included in the patch notes(don't know why)but they're not telling us what they fixed

# 15 Dannyld @ 05/20/14 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstate_510
I'm watching the 2k stream right now they said they fixed some gameplay stuff but wasn't included in the patch notes(don't know why)but they're not telling us what they fixed
Probably because they don't know what was fixed. Same reason they don't release notes until after the patch is out.

# 16 infam0us @ 05/20/14 07:23 PM
Should have known better with how late of an update this was. A swing and a miss for 2k this year

# 17 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/20/14 07:25 PM
Ugh I can't believe they didn't fix the AUDIO issue smh. Just played a quarter & it still cuts out. Unacceptable 2K

# 18 sO100 @ 05/20/14 07:26 PM
I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ANY OF THAT!!!!! I WANT A FREAKIN FREE ANGENCY IN MYCAREER!!!!

# 19 RayZLAL @ 05/20/14 07:30 PM
Can't find the new shoes

# 20 Elbowz @ 05/20/14 07:38 PM
Sooooo....that post about a shoe update was a lie, huh?

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.