Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Ok, after much anticipation we finally have the OSFM Hybrid roster ready for release.

What is the OSFM Hybrid you ask?

It is the OSFM Full Minors with a full ratings re-rate. It gives a uniform blanket rating system that brings everything together and makes very realistic game play.

What does this include?

The roster is based off the OSFM, which if you don't know is a collection of great contributors, run by Knight165 who create minor league players and major league players who were not included in this game.

We have re-rated all stats for both minor leaguers whom we had info for as well as all the SCEA original players who came in the game.

The stats we use are ZiPs preseason ratings created by Dan Szymborski, they are gathered into a spreadsheet and formulated to match ratings values in the game.

All hitting and defense ratings have been changed as well as pitcher ratings not including Pitch Edits - they will be included in V2.

Potentials were also reviewed and altered where necessary.

The roster has accurate 40 man rosters to today's date, as well as accurate as possible hitting lineups and pitching lineups for all levels. Players who are currently on 60 day disabled lists or suspended are not included in their respective teams 40 man roster and can be found on the A ball roster.

Also we have added many AAA and AA players who were not included in the OSFM - some prospects may have been removed or been put in the FA Pool to make room for players who should be in the roster - you really don't want very young top prospects playing in AAA or even AA.

Stance, Motion and Equipment updates were done where we knew changes needed to be made or could be made.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVERALLS FOR PLAYERS AS A WAY TO GUAGE THEIR VALUE Players overalls are weighted by a variety of things based on the position they play. With this re-rate most players did go down in overalls, and really the league balances out to where it should be. Player ratings are what they are. We made some adjustments to physical attributes but the pure stat based attributes are the same base across the board.

This is what the Overalls should represent

90+ - All Star and Superstar Caliber

80+ - high end regulars and All Starts

70+ - everyday players and bench players

60+ - Bench players and career minor league players

50+ - low level prospects and Organization fillers

Players Ratings have not been updated yet - that will be included in V2.1, so players like Solarte, Bettances, Melky Cabrera, Mark Buerhle to name a few will have lower ratings then you would expect based on their performances so far this season.

A roster like this can't happen without the support of many great individuals whom deserve a ton of credit - I hope I remember everyone and spell their names correct

ttbucsfan001 created our spreadsheet
teeds - my partner in crime, created a ton of players, handled the transactions and organizing of players we needed to create and replace
cultbuscus - spent countless hours creating and helping input ratings
sky63 - assisted for several days importing the OSFM players
DarionC14 - did 90% of the hitter re-rate
mmorg - did most of the OSFM re-rate
totte - helped with testing the roster
davis25 - helped create players
shaneomac - helped with rating and player creations

I ask that if you have constructive criticism that is fine but do not use this thread to complain. There is well over 100 hours poured into this project and several broken relationships and marriages.......lol

The roster is a little late this year, but I am very proud to put my name behind it. I hope everyone enjoys this and if you want the version with Pitch Edits it will be completed and released ASAP.

Thank you to all the helpers and the community for helping us along the way with suggestions, transaction updates and just entertaining posts.

The roster can be found in the Vault under the following name:

OSFM HYBRID 2014 V1.............psn Crapinmyshoe

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 parky_17 @ 05/28/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Injured players
Not all the "injured" players have been taken off the 40 man roster though

# 162 cultbuscus @ 05/28/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
Why is there a lot of major leaguers in A ball and off the 40 man rosters
Those players are on the DL. Easier stashing them there then messing with the Triple-A and AA rosters. If they are off the 40-man, that means that they are on the 60-Day DL, and do not take up a spot on the 40-man. Since you cannot injure guys outside of Franchise mode, that's the only way to really do it.

# 163 davis25 @ 05/28/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
And Willard's roster has anywhere from 3-16 .300+ hitters and 25 .290+ hitters. Seems quite comparable.

Although look at 100+ RBI guys on the hybrids, also HR's! Both are way too low, pitchers are too good imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 164 giantsteps @ 05/28/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBYJT
Just ran one with OSFM v2 and had 9 .300. High was Mauer at .328. Surprised.

My issue with OSFM v2 is that since so many people contributed, it doesn't seem to be equal across teams. I know teams will be better than others, but it just seems inconsistent. Or maybe that's just the butthurt Cubs fan in my talking. -shrug-

nah you're definitely correct. That's why when you pull from real data like the hybrid, there is no bias.

# 165 URBYJT @ 05/28/14 05:09 PM
I think it would be interesting to see what OOTP ratings would do on the Show. It seems like the batting, fielding, and baserunning ratings could actually work well, especially the latter two (which is all that really needs solved, pitching seems fine). I might try to play around with OOTP ratings when Hybrid v2 comes out. Only issue is that there are player discrepancies between the two, but that's pretty much only among lower level prospects, intl prospects, and some org guys.

# 166 The Kid 24 @ 05/28/14 05:12 PM
Is Totte still doing the OD thing?

# 167 davis25 @ 05/28/14 05:16 PM
One guy for example that has major differences on hybrids compared to osfm v2 is Puig. In hybrids he hits about .270 with 25-28 hr on avg, on v2 hes more like .300+ and 35-40 hr!

# 168 parky_17 @ 05/28/14 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultbuscus
Those players are on the DL. Easier stashing them there then messing with the Triple-A and AA rosters. If they are off the 40-man, that means that they are on the 60-Day DL, and do not take up a spot on the 40-man. Since you cannot injure guys outside of Franchise mode, that's the only way to really do it.
But when you start a franchise those players that aren't on the 40 man will get stuck on A ball all year

# 169 URBYJT @ 05/28/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
But when you start a franchise those players that aren't on the 40 man will get stuck on A ball all year
Are you talking about your team or other teams (cpu)?

# 170 parky_17 @ 05/28/14 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba62
Do you guys think Lawrie's main position should be 2b? He plays there more this year because of Juan Fransisco. 13 out of 19 games this month he has played 2b.
I don't because Francisco on plays against righties and the Times Francisco does play he gets replaced late in the game by tolleson abd Lawrie moves back to third

# 171 parky_17 @ 05/28/14 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBYJT
Are you talking about your team or other teams (cpu)?
The CPU teams, I can do my team manually because the spots are left open which is why I don't understand why they were taken off in the first place becaue they haven't been replaced by anyone

# 172 davis25 @ 05/28/14 05:26 PM
Quote:
The CPU teams, I can do my team manually because the spots are left open which is why I don't understand why they were taken off in the first place becaue they haven't been replaced by anyone

They were taken off in 1st place because people wanted original opening day rosters, true to life when they start their season.

# 173 davis25 @ 05/28/14 05:29 PM
Basically if u dont want guys like harvey or profar in A ball all year, you need to take control of cpu rosters at the start of your franchise, or fix the rosters to your liking before you start!

# 174 cultbuscus @ 05/28/14 05:33 PM
Quick update on the rosters. Just finished the Rockies, passed it off to iliveforthis.

That leaves 5 teams (Royals, Tigers, Twins, White Sox, and Yankees), as well as a bunch of free agents and minor league players.

I think a V2 release tonight is possible but I cannot say for sure. I don't know how many edits Willard wants to make, and I cannot say how many of the free agents and the minor leaguers we will do.

# 175 parky_17 @ 05/28/14 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis25
They were taken off in 1st place because people wanted original opening day rosters, true to life when they start their season.

This isn't the opening days roster set though

# 176 davis25 @ 05/28/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
This isn't the opening days roster set though

The basis of this roster was from osfm v1 which was an opening day roster though!
That is why a v2 of osfm was released for people who wanted to fix these issues, but it was started after this roster was started!

# 177 Metsfan31 @ 05/28/14 05:39 PM
Any offline link?

# 178 parky_17 @ 05/28/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis25
The basis of this roster was from osfm v1 which was an opening day roster though!

Brandon Morrow and Macier Izturis where healthy on opening day but aren't on the 40 man for this roster because they're on the 60 day DL now, so that contradicts itsfelf

# 179 davis25 @ 05/28/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Brandon Morrow and Macier Izturis where healthy on opening day but aren't on the 40 man for this roster because they're on the 60 day DL now, so that contradicts itsfelf

I dont know buddy, all I know is what ive seen and been told! Guys like latos and corbin are in A ball since they were out on opening day! How or why others are in there is beyond me! Just go to roster control, move them up to mlb and then have the cpu auto correct it. I would do it for each team, no need to play like its opening day imho at this point, I know im not! I will let my season play independently of the real one, guys will get hurt who arent, thats why its a game!

# 180 msmith05 @ 05/28/14 05:49 PM
Quote:

They are based on OSFM BUT......they do the updated transactions....when they mean based on osfm they mean all the minor leaguers Knight and his team build

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.