Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The OSFM Hybrid V2 is now released and in the Vault - I have included the description of the roster from the V1 thread below with some updates.

Version 2.1a has been placed in the Vault, called OSFM Hybrid 2014 v.2.1a

It is a slight ratings tweak with +5 added to discipline thanks to Waittilnextyear who came across and found this - it basically get most offensive categories as close to real life as you could want

What is the OSFM Hybrid you ask?

It is the OSFM Full Minors with a full ratings re-rate. It gives a uniform blanket rating system that brings everything together and makes very realistic game play.

What does this include?

The roster is based off the OSFM, which if you don't know is a collection of great contributors, run by Knight165 who create minor league players and major league players who were not included in this game. It is also based off of Knight's OSFM Player Ratings Charts

We have re-rated all stats for both minor leaguers whom we had info for as well as all the SCEA original players who came in the game.

The stats we use are ZiPs preseason ratings created by Dan Szymborski, they are gathered into a spreadsheet and formulated to match ratings values in the game.

All hitting and defense ratings have been changed as well as pitcher ratings including pitch type, control and velocity updates using Seanjeezy's pitch edits

Potentials were also reviewed and altered where necessary.

The roster has accurate 40 man rosters to today's date, as well as accurate as possible hitting lineups and pitching lineups for all levels. Players who are currently on 60 day disabled lists or suspended are not included in their respective teams 40 man roster and can be found on the A ball roster.

Also we have added many AAA and AA players who were not included in the OSFM - some prospects may have been removed or been put in the FA Pool to make room for players who should be in the roster - you really don't want very young top prospects playing in AAA or even AA.

Stance, Motion and Equipment updates were done where we knew changes needed to be made or could be made.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVERALLS FOR PLAYERS AS A WAY TO GUAGE THEIR VALUE Players overalls are weighted by a variety of things based on the position they play. With this re-rate most players did go down in overalls, and really the league balances out to where it should be. Player ratings are what they are. We made some adjustments to physical attributes but the pure stat based attributes are the same base across the board.

This is what the Overalls should represent

90+ - All Star and Superstar Caliber

80+ - high end regulars and All Starts

70+ - everyday players and bench players

60+ - Bench players and career minor league players

50+ - low level prospects and Organization fillers

NEW players updates were included in this roster with the exception of pitchers at this time - aprx 200 updates were applied in this release

A roster like this can't happen without the support of many great individuals whom deserve a ton of credit - I hope I remember everyone and spell their names correct

ttbucsfan001 created our ratings spreadsheet
teeds - my partner in crime, created a ton of players, handled the transactions and organizing of players we needed to create and replace
cultbuscus - spent countless hours creating and helping input ratings
sky63 - assisted for several days importing the OSFM players
DarionC14 - did 90% of the hitter re-rate
mmorg - did most of the OSFM re-rate
totte - helped with testing the roster
davis25 - helped create players
shaneomac - helped with rating and player creations
authentic - ran the pitch edits
Iliveforthis - also on pitch edits
Waittilnextyear - assisted in running a ton of tests and finding/compiling needed corrections
Seanjeezy - his pitch edits make those possible

I ask that if you have constructive criticism that is fine but do not use this thread to complain. There is well over 100 hours poured into this project and several broken relationships and marriages.......lol

The roster is a little late this year, but I am very proud to put my name behind it. I hope everyone enjoys this.

Thank you to all the helpers and the community for helping us along the way with suggestions, transaction updates and just entertaining posts.

Note it is recommended that you play this roster with 30 Team Control - more info to be included shortly

The roster can be found in the Vault under the following name:

OSFM HYBRID 2014 V2.............psn Crapinmyshoe

How to use 30 team control is below

You set you profile up as you want - I tend to leave the banking and crap at auto but any player stuff is set to manual

Setting 2 should be set up as follows

Manual Control - 40 man roster, lineups, trades, waivers, rosters

Auto Control - Banking, Training, Management, Transportation

You can go into Gameplay setting and change injuries on both profiles to manual if you want to do the injuries yourself, off or CPU

I tend to do manual to start the year and disable any players out for the season

If you want to let the CPU make trades - when you start your franchise put CPU trading on but also turn off instant trades - check the transactions in your franchise every day - skim through and cancel any stupid trades the CPU wants to make.

Remember you can change on of the player 2 or your own settings anytime during your franchise

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 09:02 PM
The results Waittilnextyear got from his roster by boosting Discipline by 5 on all hitters - if you have started your franchise you can do that to get the same results - will take you a few hours, but they brought batting averages league wide up close to where they were last year as well as all other numbers came much closer to the norm

If you want the roster it is called GI Joe in the vault by keepchooglin

Wait deserves a ton of credit for this thing

Hope he is cool with me sharing this....lol

# 102 Kevin82485 @ 05/30/14 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
The results Waittilnextyear got from his roster by boosting Discipline by 5 on all hitters - if you have started your franchise you can do that to get the same results - will take you a few hours, but they brought batting averages league wide up close to where they were last year as well as all other numbers came much closer to the norm

Which version is his roster based off? 1, 2, or 2a?

# 103 jeschafer_1 @ 05/30/14 09:13 PM
Quote:

Willard is this the roster you are going to use for your franchise??

# 104 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
to simplify life:

H/9 -- BB/9 -- K/9 = -3

all sim stats are fixed.

Increase/Decrease a few guys.

anyone wanna help ?
The roster I just posted is near perfect - literally

NL Average in tests .251 - 2013 NL Average .251

AL Average .257 - 2013 .256

100+ RBI's - 13.5 - 2013 13

AL BB - 493.5 - 2013 - 495

Numbers keep going like this - great work if you ask me

# 105 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin82485
2a - so it is both systems friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschafer_1
Yes - which ticks me off because I spent an hour last night prepping my franchise....lol

In all fairness, I knew he was going to try this and did not expect as good results - but when I tested it, I did not use enough players I guess

Glad he is part of our team moving forward

# 106 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 09:20 PM
One thing guys - I have had a number of people add me as a friend on PSN - while I appreciate the add's - I keep my friends list to guys I know or play COD with on a regular basis, because there is a limit

# 107 sxaalex @ 05/30/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
He is a guy we didn't have stats for - so that is OSFM ratings - does his overall change if you move him to starting pitcher
Yeah overall as starting pitcher is (77) that too high but i understand not really that much info on him.It's just that he shouldn't be rated that high at all .He equivalent to a number 4 starter .

# 108 Kevin82485 @ 05/30/14 09:25 PM
Quote:
One thing guys - I have had a number of people add me as a friend on PSN - while I appreciate the add's - I keep my friends list to guys I know or play COD with on a regular basis, because there is a limit
They increased it to 2,000 friends.

# 109 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 09:28 PM
For any Blue Jays fans - I will be creating a few new Blue Jays minor league players and placing them in the Vault under Crapinmyshoe

So far added - Micheal Reeves, Shane Opitz and Seth Conner

I also have a Ryan Goins and Sean Nolin with better faces - just no playing experience which really doesn't matter in either case

# 110 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 09:31 PM
Quote:
They increased it to 2,000 friends.
Oh ok, still, when playing games the online and offline notices drive me nuts - sorry guys

# 111 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
how are K/9 stats looking ?

Amen
K's are up about 30 in each league over last year - which is probably a tad lower then what is expected this year IRL

OBP's are identical

Walks are off by less then 10 from last year

# 112 Coper3000 @ 05/30/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
K's are up about 30 in each league over last year - which is probably a tad lower then what is expected this year IRL

OBP's are identical

Walks are off by less then 10 from last year
Wow, simply by adding 5 pts to discipline on all hitters?

Hmm. Now to decide if I want to edit or start over...again, haha.

# 113 Kevin82485 @ 05/30/14 09:42 PM
Quote:
Oh ok, still, when playing games the online and offline notices drive me nuts - sorry guys
Lol...Just giving ya ****. I also don't like adding people I don't know.

# 114 dsmith710 @ 05/30/14 09:46 PM
So the roster we should use, the most updated, is GI Joe? This is version 2a with the updated sim edits? I just wanted to clarify.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 115 Kevin82485 @ 05/30/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
So the roster we should use, the most updated, is GI Joe? This is version 2a with the updated sim edits? I just wanted to clarify.

Yes it is.

# 116 The Kid 24 @ 05/30/14 10:00 PM
Willard... So all we have to do is Discipline +5 for hitters and we'll be golden?

What about those /9 edits Hopi posted?

# 117 dsmith710 @ 05/30/14 10:02 PM
Quote:
Yes it is.
Thank you sir.

# 118 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/30/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
If you haven't started your franchise yet - DON'T!!!!!!!!

At least if you are a complete stats nut.

Waittilnextyear has found a way to improve the offensive numbers a tad and has is done on a roster - just waiting for him to put up the roster on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
How much of a difference are we talking? Cuz Totte already started the OD project.

Sent from my LG G2
Quote:
Argh, just after I had finished tweeking the roster to my liking! Interested in what was done...
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschafer_1
Quote:
2a - so it is both systems friendly

Yes - which ticks me off because I spent an hour last night prepping my franchise....lol

In all fairness, I knew he was going to try this and did not expect as good results - but when I tested it, I did not use enough players I guess

Glad he is part of our team moving forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coper3000
Wow, simply by adding 5 pts to discipline on all hitters?

Hmm. Now to decide if I want to edit or start over...again, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710

Quote:
Yes it is.
Quote:
Willard... So all we have to do is Discipline +5 for hitters and we'll be golden?

What about those /9 edits Hopi posted?
Hey guys, lol. Man I step out for a couple of hours and....

Willard, you can disregard my PM! (and it's perfectly fine that you outed my roster set in the vault lol, it was a code name to keep people off the scent).

My roster set took Willard's Hybrid V2a (OSFM base with ZiPS rerates, pitch edits, error corrections from V1, beard edits for PS4), and what I added was a statistical fudge factor to make sim stats smooth as a baby's bottom.

After running maybe 20-30 sims (I lost count) to help solve the offense/pitcher balance, tests clearly showed that a global +5 plate discipline boost to all MLB hitters (MiLB'ers were not touched) gave us dead nuts sim stats as far as BBs, OBP, and individual stats are better such as more .300 hitters, more 100 RBI-men...basically the offense has caught up to the pitching. Simming with this roster now is like re-simming the 2013 season, the stats are so close to real life.

Like Willard said--the roster is called G.I. Joe in the vault. Feel free to use it and hopefully this lets everyone rest and imo, yes it is definitely worth re-starting your chise with this if you are a stat-guy. So if you are not all that deep, start over. I was not able to test adequately by the V2a release so sorry for another new version, but it is something I was working on.

The nice thing is the edits only take 2-3 hours so once Totte gets his OD set ready, the edits can be applied to that set as well.

EDIT: If you are already pretty deep into your chise, the edits only take 2-3 hours and you can do that within your current franchise itself if that would be your best, less time-consuming option.

# 119 The Kid 24 @ 05/30/14 10:17 PM
Wait buddy... So just do the +5 for hitters then? You didn't do the /9 edits Hopi posted correct?

# 120 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/30/14 10:20 PM
Quote:
Wait buddy... So just do the +5 for hitters then? You didn't do the /9 edits Hopi posted correct?
I have no idea what this /9 thing is....that's not part of the roster.

As explained in the above post the only thing different from the V2a release last night is a global +5 boost to all MLB batters plate discipline.

You can do the +5 yourself.....or just download the new roster.

Again, this new roster set is called G.I. Joe in the vault.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.