Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The coverman for Madden NFL 15 is now down to Cam Newton vs. Richard Sherman after both won their semifinal contests over Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick respectively.

Both Cam Newton and Richard Sherman were #1 overall seeds in the Madden bracket. It's interesting to note that Sherman is a defensive player who could land on the cover in the year the game has what is believed to be a heavy focus on the defensive side of the ball.

You can vote in the finals of the Madden NFL 15 cover vote here.

Who do you have in the finals?

Press Release

Defense Takes on Offense for the Ultimate Prize

Two juggernauts are set to battle in the final round of the Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote as Seattle Seahawks defensive back Richard Sherman matches up with Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. We’ve reached the home-stretch, and this is the last chance for fans to visit ESPN.com/maddenvote and make their choice for this year’s cover athlete. They can also show their support on social media by using the hashtag #MaddenCover.

Sherman and Newton enter the finals as the top seeds from their respective sides of the bracket, conquering some stiff competition along the way. Sherman triumphed over NFC West rival Colin Kaepernick in the semi-finals, while Cam Newton overcame a strong challenge by Andrew Luck. Both Newton and Sherman will appear in a special segment during the 6 p.m. ET edition of SportsCenter on Friday, June 6 at LA LIVE Plaza where the overall winner will be announced. The final pairing carries special significance as the Seahawks and Panthers will meet in Carolina on October 26, and while one player will stand triumphant, the other will be looking for retribution.

Madden NFL 15 allows players to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare with a new breed of defense, built to challenge the best offenses in the NFL. A new arsenal of pass rush moves, an intuitive tackling system, improved coverage logic, and immersive new camera angles make defense more exciting and fun than ever. Fans can call plays with confidence thanks to an all-new crowd-sourced recommendation engine built from millions of online games played by the Madden NFL community. Add in all-new NFL Films inspired presentation and it’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 05/30/14 05:18 PM
This was predictable.

# 2 StayPlation82 @ 05/30/14 05:29 PM
hmmm no one mentions the curse anymore...

# 3 gr18 @ 05/30/14 06:07 PM
Must be alot of teenagers and Seahawks fans voting to get Sherman that high of a pct.,unless people really still believe in the curse and want to inflict it upon him.Nobody I know that are adults think much of the guy other than giving him credit for being a very good player.I don't know anyone that doesn't think Can Newton's a decent guy.

# 4 NDAlum @ 05/30/14 06:19 PM
I hope Cam wins then the curse convo reignites

# 5 XXstormmXX @ 05/30/14 07:10 PM
I didn't think it was scripted for Sherman but then I saw that he beat Kap by 60+ percent of the vote...

# 6 Caveman24 @ 05/30/14 07:27 PM
Damn if they wanted Sherman to be on the cover that's all they had to say.

# 7 alifeincomplete @ 05/30/14 08:10 PM
Is this like the NHL cover "vote" where their own TOS state that EA isn't bound by the decision of the vote...?

# 8 DUDERMAN @ 05/30/14 08:26 PM
Just a reminder, for anyone who cares, the Panthers are one of only 3 NFL teams (also Texans and Oilers) to never be represented on the cover of any officially licensed NFL video game.

He is the shameless plug to my embarrassingly long blog post about team representation on NFL video game covers

With that being said, I'm voting for Cam. Though, I admit having a CB on there would be nice for a change.

# 9 elgreazy1 @ 05/30/14 08:40 PM
I wonder who's going to win...

# 10 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/30/14 08:52 PM
Of course it's going to be Sherman. It was obvious from day one. Think about it, who better to promote a game than Sherman? This guy stays in the news & is controversial. EA saw this marketing grab from a mile away lol.

# 11 DiscountCleric @ 05/30/14 08:57 PM
Cam lost to Megatron last time in the finals, so here's hoping he wins this time around. He really enjoys Madden, too.

Cam would also be the first player to be on the cover of Madden that is younger than the series: the first game released in June of '88, Cam was born in May of '89.

# 12 Dr. Banner @ 05/30/14 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Damn if they wanted Sherman to be on the cover that's all they had to say.
Mad bro? Sherman deserves it. Go Hawks.

# 13 thmst30 @ 05/30/14 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
Just a reminder, for anyone who cares, the Panthers are one of only 3 NFL teams (also Texans and Oilers) to never be represented on the cover of any officially licensed NFL video game.

He is the shameless plug to my embarrassingly long blog post about team representation on NFL video game covers

With that being said, I'm voting for Cam. Though, I admit having a CB on there would be nice for a change.
That's not entirely true...

# 14 DUDERMAN @ 05/30/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
That's not entirely true...
Point goes to you. I was bound to miss one.

Still, the Panthers are pretty underrepresented...

# 15 hanzsomehanz @ 05/30/14 10:41 PM
If Defense wins Championships: the adage will hold true if Sherm beats out Cam - not amused...

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 16 kjcheezhead @ 05/30/14 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN

The Oilers and Titans are the same organization. That's kind of a technicality. But just for you I found Warren Moon on the cover of a game.

# 17 oneamongthefence @ 05/30/14 11:25 PM
So the trend is every five years there's a defensive player on the cover. 05 was Ray Lewis. 10 was Troy. And if Sherman wins it'll be 15. So next time a defensive player will.be on the cover will be Madden 20. Also those were the gears of the biggest defensive innovations with the hit stick. Pro tak and whatever game changing defensive feature they have this year.

# 18 Cowboy008 @ 05/31/14 12:07 AM
Sherman is probably going to win.

# 19 Cpre5 @ 05/31/14 12:09 AM
As a 49er fan I fully support the madden curse, I mean Sherman for the cover.

# 20 inkcil @ 05/31/14 12:29 AM
John Madden kinda reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock, who "coincidentally" wrote (or directed or both) a movie called The Birds.

So I predict that a player representing a Bird will be on the cover.

Someone check how many times a Bird has been featured in Madden. I bet it correlates somehow with Alfred Hitchcock.

p.s. A side profile of John Madden on the cover of the game ( a la Hitchcock style) would have been EPIC.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.