Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

The EA Sports UFC demo is available now for Xbox One (queue it up here), it weighs in at 2.7GB. If you are up for it, you can also download from your PS4 by creating a European account, then downloading from this link.

UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS4 users in North America. Search for EA Sports UFC in the PlayStation Store or click here to queue it up.

The demo includes light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 61 2k10Fonzarelli @ 06/03/14 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
I believe I have yet to defend one. But I'm guessing timing has a lot to do with it. My reaction just isnt fast enough to recognize he takedown in order to block. I imagine ratings help determine how big the timing window is...
While im inclined to agree(throw in current stamina as a factor as well) we're talking about 2 guys who have 95+ Takedown D. The window may be huge but i feel as if im artificially closing it.

I've shot under a missed spinning roundhouse, an automatic takedown in UFC 3 just to see Gus stuff my takedown. So im clearly doing something egregiously wrong.

Timing is everything, like I said i feel like am closing the window by doing something other than RT(R2) + down. Sometimes it feels as if I had no window. I feel no difference between Power and Normal Takedown.

Also, Here's an axe kick KO

# 62 TheGhost215 @ 06/03/14 05:57 AM
It's tough at first to stuff a takedown, but once you get used to the timing it feels a little OP. Of course, I do have Jon Jones tho lol. Blocking transitions and attempting subs are giving me problems tho...LOVING the demo so far

# 63 myownsun @ 06/03/14 06:11 AM
I downloaded the demo and gave it a go but it's just not for me, thanks for the Eu account making tips gents.

# 64 rivershark82 @ 06/03/14 06:55 AM
Really hope in some sort of improvements for the final version cause this is not an mma game .. its an arcade, button mashing, fighting game...

# 65 cdk10 @ 06/03/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Knockouts are kind of an eyesore, specifically how you can't get on top of them after and have the referee pull you off.

Just looks way unrealistic, it also looks like they almost die when they get knocked out, and the fighter and the referee are just standing there looking at him, hopefully something to be worked on for the next version. Have knockouts look more realistic.
Wondering if not being able to jump on opponent is because of UFC not wanting it in. Kinda like how NFL wouldn't allow EA to put in late hits out of bounds because they didn't want to promote that kind of action.

# 66 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
Wondering if not being able to jump on opponent is because of UFC not wanting it in. Kinda like how NFL wouldn't allow EA to put in late hits out of bounds because they didn't want to promote that kind of action.
I thought that too but the UFC did allow THQ to do that in UFC 3.

# 67 SoMiss2000 @ 06/03/14 09:19 AM
Getting rid for PS4. One demo reminded Mr of how much I really don't like the triggers on the One.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

# 68 Phobia @ 06/03/14 09:26 AM
Can someone inform me just how you make a EU PS4 account? I don't need it so much for the EA UFC demo because it should be released by the time I get off work, BUT for the future I'd like to have one in the wings for cases like last night.

Thanks in advance

# 69 jeremym480 @ 06/03/14 09:39 AM
DL'ed on PS4 last night and quickly went through the tutorials then played 5 fights. I lost all of them except 1. I really need to go back through the tutorials again because I was so excited to actually play the game that I didn't really retain any of that. The submissions are still confusing to me, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after playing a little more.

The game is good, but far from great. The main thing about it is it's fun, but in my short time with it, it seems like more of a fighting game that an actual sports game (although I realize it isn't supposed to be a "sim")

Positives- The game looks and sounds amazing. I remember someone saying that footwork looked robotic after seeing one of the videos, but it's great, in my opinion. Landing a solid punch stepping forward looks and feels much better than throwing a punch while going backwards. Damage is well done and the atmosphere is amazing.

Neutral - Honestly I don't have much of an opinion now on the submissions system or ground game. In all of my fights no one even came close to a sub. The system is a little confusing, but I'm sure I will get it after playing more. The same thing goes for the ground game... I'm really not quite sure of what I'm doing on the ground yet. If I got taken down I basically just spammed the R Stick and eventually could get back to my feet without taking too much damage. If I got on top I normally got in a few shots and sometimes even improved my position before getting reversed. I'm sure I'll get this down after going through the tutorials another time or two.

Negatives - Let me preface this my saying that I knew most of it beforehand, but once I started playing I really, really missed a lot of things. This game really could be improved by adding sways, feints, the ability to catch kicks and fight stoppages. Little things like being able to pounce on a fighter once he goes down and the ref jumping in would be great additions, as well. Also, unless I'm just extremely unlucky it doesn't seem like you can use the cage at all in this game - which is a disappointment, especially for a Next Gen game. Other than that the CPU is extremely aggressive and is constantly pushing forward. Like I said it's more of a fighting game than a UFC game, so if you go into expecting a realistic fight sim then you're going to be let down. Side note: If guys like Machida fight the same as the guys in the demo, then I'm going to be pretty put off.

Overall, this is still a day one buy for me. I'm hoping that once we get to use more fighters that we'll be able to tell a bigger difference between each of them and that most of them aren't aggressive as the guys in the demo.

# 70 LingeringRegime @ 06/03/14 09:46 AM
No swaying is a surprise. I missed that somewhere in all the previews. I knew there would be no feints.

Basically, this sounds like a bare bones first effort. If it is fun, I can live with it.

# 71 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
DL'ed on PS4 last night and quickly went through the tutorials then played 5 fights. I lost all of them except 1. I really need to go back through the tutorials again because I was so excited to actually play the game that I didn't really retain any of that. The submissions are still confusing to me, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after playing a little more.

The game is good, but far from great. The main thing about it is it's fun, but in my short time with it, it seems like more of a fighting game that an actual sports game (although I realize it isn't supposed to be a "sim")

Positives- The game looks and sounds amazing. I remember someone saying that footwork looked robotic after seeing one of the videos, but it's great, in my opinion. Landing a solid punch stepping forward looks and feels much better than throwing a punch while going backwards. Damage is well done and the atmosphere is amazing.

Neutral - Honestly I don't have much of an opinion now on the submissions system or ground game. In all of my fights no one even came close to a sub. The system is a little confusing, but I'm sure I will get it after playing more. The same thing goes for the ground game... I'm really not quite sure of what I'm doing on the ground yet. If I got taken down I basically just spammed the R Stick and eventually could get back to my feet without taking too much damage. If I got on top I normally got in a few shots and sometimes even improved my position before getting reversed. I'm sure I'll get this down after going through the tutorials another time or two.

Negatives - Let me preface this my saying that I knew most of it beforehand, but once I started playing I really, really missed a lot of things. This game really could be improved by adding sways, feints, the ability to catch kicks and fight stoppages. Little things like being able to pounce on a fighter once he goes down and the ref jumping in would be great additions, as well. Also, unless I'm just extremely unlucky it doesn't seem like you can use the cage at all in this game - which is a disappointment, especially for a Next Gen game. Other than that the CPU is extremely aggressive and is constantly pushing forward. Like I said it's more of a fighting game than a UFC game, so if you go into expecting a realistic fight sim then you're going to be let down. Side note: If guys like Machida fight the same as the guys in the demo, then I'm going to be pretty put off.

Overall, this is still a day one buy for me. I'm hoping that once we get to use more fighters that we'll be able to tell a bigger difference between each of them and that most of them aren't aggressive as the guys in the demo.
Jeremy,

You should read the controls. You are missing out on a ton of stuff because you are still learning. There is cage interaction and I think its done better than EA MMA and UFC 3. The only thing that UFC 3 does better is that you can use the cage to get up from a takedown and you cant in EA UFC.

Same goes for Submisssions. I played probably 20-25 fights last night and got subbed in a few and broke out of a few subs.

I feel the same about catching leg kicks and fight stoppages. I think EA underestimated how awkward the KOs look without the extra punches and ref stops.

# 72 kahjah @ 06/03/14 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
They make these games for idiots.

I wish they'd make a game for the real fans who don't want to just rock em sock em.
Here is some gameplay I captured last night, the game felt fun. There are some improvements that can and should be made but this will totally be a great thing for talking crap with your friends.

# 73 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
No swaying is a surprise. I missed that somewhere in all the previews. I knew there would be no feints.

Basically, this sounds like a bare bones first effort. If it is fun, I can live with it.
Sways and feints are great but I realized I didnt use them at all in UFC 3. They were both too awkward too pull off in that game. I always defend through blocking and movement.

# 74 cdk10 @ 06/03/14 10:00 AM
the only thing I'm not liking so far is the opponent being able to stuff takedowns so easy after missed strikes. Chances are if they are swinging and missing they are not going to be able to stop a takedown. Overall very fun game so far.

# 75 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
^^^^^And nobody really cares. The majority of the folks that have posted seem to be enjoying it. Meanwhile every post you've made is negative. Just go away.
Slow down. There is nothing wrong with negative posts as long as they are backed by solid reasoning. The points he makes are solid. I like the demo but I dont see much "MMAI" in the way the CPU fights. I wont go as far as saying all it does is throw bombs but I'm not seeing any mid fight adjustments in the demo.

The adjustments the CPU makes are primarily in response to its stamina. It wont attack much if its stamina is low.

# 76 LingeringRegime @ 06/03/14 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Sways and feints are great but I realized I didnt use them at all in UFC 3. They were both too awkward too pull off in that game. I always defend through blocking and movement.

Wasn't there swaying in ea MMA ? Or maybe I am thinking of fight night.

# 77 MattyEdgeworth @ 06/03/14 10:23 AM
The game is WAY to fast paced, no matter whether you play with Jones or Gus there is no brea at all, the just come spamming with ridiculous amounts of spinning kicks, cartwheels, axe kicks etc.

# 78 49UNCFan @ 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Why the hell is this d loading so slow on ps4.smh. maybe because I'm using a euro account

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 79 TheShizNo1 @ 06/03/14 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Slow down. There is nothing wrong with negative posts as long as they are backed by solid reasoning. The points he makes are solid. I like the demo but I dont see much "MMAI" in the way the CPU fights. I wont go as far as saying all it does is throw bombs but I'm not seeing any mid fight adjustments in the demo.

The adjustments the CPU makes are primarily in response to its stamina. It wont attack much if its stamina is low.
I haven't played the demo and will try to refrain from it since most demos don't actually play like the finished product.

That being said, it sounds like there's a lot of, "This is good, but..." which sucks because I was really hype for this game.

Most of your posts make we want to play EA MMA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

# 80 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies
I am sure there was
No there wasnt. There was the same kind of defensive "sways" that are in EA UFC. If you press the LS away from your opponent, your fighter will jump back. If you press it up or down, the fighter will roll to the left or right.

The sways people are talking about are the kind you see in Fight Night where the fighter uses only his upper body to avoid a punch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.