Home
News Post

Americans seem to tire quickly of the status quo and there are few things we love more than seeing the guy at the top get torn down. Oh, and we also love sports.

Combine these three aspects and you have a recipe for a surplus of disdain for the two-time defending NBA champions, the Miami Heat.

I was only a kid when Michael Jordan and Co. went on their incredible runs during the 1990's -- but I don't recall the resounding hate for the Bulls like we're seeing with the Heat. At the time it seemed as if America loved to see the dynasty thrive and the greatest of all time continuously claim his crown.

Sound Off: Why does America dislike the Miami Heat?

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 06/04/14 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I am unsure if you read my post alongside. To assist, the post I initially quoted referenced LeBron being very humble. My response was to cite what sort of things may lead some folks to believe otherwise. My apologies if this was unclear. The "check my stats" was the first visual that came to mind.

My comment was more of a time flies comment than talking about your post...probably should've elaborated..

Though I don't know if words on a shirt are accurate depictions of some ones personality....

# 42 ojandpizza @ 06/04/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I don't think LeBron is a total jackass, but if people think he's humble, then they need to pass it over.

I don't think he's just the perfect example of a humble person, like Tim Tebow lol, but I think he's about as humble as you could ask for someone in the situation and amount of spotlight he's in.. I don't see him being any less humble than the majority of the all time greats, guys like Jordan, Magic, Larry, Doc.. He's much more humble than those like Kobe, Isiah, Wilt, etc.. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 statum71 @ 06/04/14 06:29 PM
Three words....... Bandwagon fan base!

85% of the people the claim the Heat as "my team," can't even name 5 players that played for Miami before LeBron arrived.

# 44 VDusen04 @ 06/04/14 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Three words....... Bandwagon fan base!

85% of the people the claim the Heat as "my team," can't even name 5 players that played for Miami before LeBron arrived.
I do not think this is strictly a bandwagon issue, because Heat and non-Heat fans alike take this quiz, but I was alarmed by who was guessed properly just 40% of the time here last time I checked: http://www.sporcle.com/games/challie/leadersheat

Only 40%! (unless it's changed dramatically in the past week)

# 45 LingeringRegime @ 06/04/14 06:39 PM

# 46 BringTheHeat @ 06/04/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
And you know this how?
I'm glad I've been a Heat fan since D Wade got there, I love watching LeBron and am enjoying him on his journey to be the GOAT.

However, when he does retire/leave Miami, I hope all this nonsense about attacking fans will stop. Can someone please tell me how one becomes a fan of a team just on their own? Does that make me a bandwagon fan because I followed Wade from college to Miami? I was simply watching college ball and said "Hey that dude is pretty good, I like him" then the rest is history..I'm not going to jump on people who turned on the TV one day and saw LeBron and Miami playing and said "Hey that team is really fun to watch"

If my Grandma calls me up and says "Did you see that LeBron last night? He played really good!" I'm not gonna be like "Grandma shut up do you even know who Rony Seikaly is?"

# 47 BringTheHeat @ 06/04/14 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
But, but, but dude is humble!!!

But, but, but MJ isn't a jackass off the court.

That LeBron, married to his high school GF with two kids. What a monster.

# 48 DIESEL @ 06/04/14 07:05 PM
Was this thread meant to be posted 4 years ago?

I'd say the "hate" now is about 10% of what it was during that first season after "The Decision". Once the Heat won, and the ESPN spin machine decided they loved Lebron again things changed dramatically.

If you're a die hard fan of another NBA team you should be rooting against the Heat. That's the way sports operate.

# 49 z Revis @ 06/04/14 07:23 PM
Yeah.. this thread seems a little out of left field. Granted I haven't read all 8 or so pages of this thread, but it doesn't seem to me there is much hate towards the Heat anymore. I don't even think they were the most hated team in the last series they played.

Personally I respect the Heat, but I do hate Dwayne Wade and I don't think I need to explain my reasoning. Sad thing is he was my favorite player 5 years ago.

# 50 vtcha @ 06/04/14 07:27 PM
Like Mark Jackson said, if The Decision is the only negative thing people talk about when referring to your career, especially for such a high caliber player like LeBron, then you're definitely living a good life.

I can almost guarantee that from 20 years from now, all this hate will be a non-issue, or at the very least minimal, when talking about the legacy of LeBron. The same thing happened with Jordan and Kobe. When you are doing something great, some will tend to overlook on your flaws whereas there are others that will magnify on every little flaw you have. Can you imagine if LeBron acted the way Lance Stephenson or MWP did? The only difference is, they aren't 'great'.

# 51 jorge380 @ 06/04/14 07:30 PM
I truly respect Lebrons basketball ability.I just think he is a very sore loser.We all remember his comments after losing to Dallas in the Finals.Have to stay classy win or lose.

# 52 TripleCrown9 @ 06/04/14 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
The only thing I disagree with is the foul thing, in playoff time, they don't really get calls, they just get away with them.

Your sentiments mirror mine, though mine aren't quite as, umm, angry as yours are. I feel the way you do but to a lesser extent, i guess you could say.

For me, i actually don't even really hate lebron, im just indifferent about him. I like his approach to the game as a player, but in the media, every now and again he says things that make me completely facepalm. I think my biggest knock on him is he comes off as a little whiny and entitled at times(and this attitude is a pet peeve of mine with people in general). But overall i got no animosity or hate or whatever towards lebron himself. He seems like a cool dude off the court with a passion for the game of basketball.

My tendency to root against miami comes from a place of simply not liking the players themselves. wade, ray allen, chalmers, battier on occasion, and bosh(depending on what hes playing like that day). Are really where most of my dislike comes from for the team as a whole. Of course i also can't stand those heat fans that are super arrogant and act as if any player or team that isn't the heat is irrelevant. But even with the fans, any dislike i hold for the small majority comes from experience i had with friends, family, and forum members of other forums that act this way. the bandwagonners themselves don't bug me because i know that in 2 years from now they'll be back on the laker or clipper or knicks, or bulls bandwagon. In all i don't hate miami per se, but i do have my issues with them.

If there is anything i do hate, its the fact that anyone who dislikes miami for any reason often gets put in the "troll" or "*****" group. especailly when the building of the big three is brought up, I personally don't care about it, but i don't think people should be condemned for disliking the forming of this squad, no matter however many teams in nba history did it before.

OS blocked the word H a t e r?
That's weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
Y'all still listening to ThreeKing when it comes to Miami and Michael "Gandhi" Jordan?

Come on oj, don't feed the trolls man.
Spoiler

# 53 TripleCrown9 @ 06/04/14 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
That's not necessarily true. They ranked in the top 10 in attendance in 2007 and 2008, and were in the top half of the league in 2009 and 2010. You guys make it sound as if the Heat were like 29th in the league in attendance before Lebron showed up
Somebody's sarcasm meter is broken.

# 54 datruth251 @ 06/04/14 08:34 PM
The media built a hype and rode it for Lebron before he entered the NBA so labeling him as great was something that was given to him not necessarily something he asked for. Yes he is great he is a rare talent that comes once every 10 years or so and I'm sure he would have loved to win a championship for Cleveland but he couldn't do it with that awful team they put together in Cleveland.

# 55 BringTheHeat @ 06/04/14 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
That's weird...

Spoiler
Is it your first day here?

ThreeKing is a known ***** and troll of anything Miami related

# 56 @marcusjiles @ 06/04/14 08:38 PM
Because America is pathetic and people loved to hate things just to be negative and a-holes. People love the negative in every aspect of anything and never need a valid reason to complain or throw stones at someone. They'll root for foreigners (something I dont have a problem with) whom they dont watch while they claim to be more American than someone else, while they thrash soccer because it's not viewed as an American sport before they root for a team that took less money collectively to join, and have played some of the best basketball they've ever seen.

"Well, they're fans suck." The typical complaint from a fan who thinks he's more fan than the next guy. Usually a cold weather person where sports is all they have. People in Miami, LA dont have sports dictate their lives. NEVER FORGET, Bulls attendance dropped 40% when MJ left.

I'll save the Lebron-hate aspect to this because those are another type of idiotic group I'd rather not waste time on. America will jump from team to team rooting against the Heat then point the finger at a fanbase that has sold-out that arena for years and is THE hottest ticket in the league when they come to your town.

In regards to sports, America is the land of free flowing hate. Constant, high in PSI, busting at the pipes when the Heat is the topic.

# 57 TripleCrown9 @ 06/04/14 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth251
The media built a hype and rode it for Lebron before he entered the NBA so labeling him as great was something that was given to him not necessarily something he asked for. Yes he is great he is a rare talent that comes once every 10 years or so and I'm sure he would have loved to win a championship for Cleveland but he couldn't do it with that awful team they put together in Cleveland.
He asked for it. He could have easily gone to college for 4 years after high school.

He wanted the fame, the money, the coverage.

# 58 TripleCrown9 @ 06/04/14 08:39 PM
Quote:
Is it your first day here?

ThreeKing is a known ***** and troll of anything Miami related
I've been on the site 2 years longer than you, but yeah this is actually my first day. I'm glad someone noticed.

I'm not saying he isn't. What I'm saying is someone said Heat fans are quick to call people trolls, and lo and behold, it happened.

# 59 BringTheHeat @ 06/04/14 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I've been on the site 2 years longer than you, but yeah this is actually my first day. I'm glad someone noticed.

I'm not saying he isn't. What I'm saying is someone said Heat fans are quick to call people trolls, and lo and behold, it happened.
He is a troll though, but whatever. Obviously you don't frequent this board.

# 60 TripleCrown9 @ 06/04/14 08:45 PM
Quote:
He is a troll though, but whatever. Obviously you don't frequent this board.
You're right. I avoid the NBA forum 95% of the time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.