Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports will be releasing NHL 15 screenshots from every NHL arena over the next few months. Today they have released screenshots of Madison Square Garden and Joe Louis Arena.

As many people have pointed out via Twitter and in the comments section, we have more referees! 2 linesmen, 2 referees and look at the scratches on the glass at MSG!

Quote:
The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements such as 19,000+ seat capacities, dynamic lighting, player entrance tunnels and much more are all captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home.

Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 njdevils14 @ 06/04/14 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
OMG 4 refs!!!!! Please 5 man hug!
Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 22 snowblind89 @ 06/04/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
The crowd looks fantastic as well as the ice surface. Four officials is exciting too. This is going to be such eye candy.

Perhaps i'm too picky, but i have to wonder why EA NHL posts an article boasting Authentic arenas when it focuses on a Joe Louis Arena that has had these exact same incorrect banners since NHL 10. They aren't the correct design and don't display individual years of the championships, not too mention they don't even have Lidstrom's #5 hanging.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that they aren't perfect, but why release this about authenticity when so much of what i can see is inauthentic?
You aren't being too picky, it's a completely legitimate error that could, and should, be fixed by launch if they are going to claim total authenticity like they are. I agree with you in that it's not like I'm going to skip 15 if it's not changed, but it could be fixed with minimal time and effort and if it was, it would be on a whole another level. Everyone knows EA's favorite programming technique is the old copy and paste, but that being said almost everything looks great in these two shots. Good to see most of MSG's renovations being included, and as others have said the glass and dasher look excellent as well. The lighting looks to be quality, and of course the the attention to detail like the exact location of where the famed octopus hangs during gameplay doesn't go unnoticed. Players sitting on the bench look to all have different animations/models, as you can tell by the angle of their sticks which is another nice touch. I also agree with everyone here on the behind the goal netting, off the top of my head I can't think of how they would do it visually, but considering they have coding for net physics present in almost all of their sports games, it shouldn't bee too hard to implement and would increase realism even further. These screenshots are much better than the one they released a couple days ago, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the series.

# 23 kehlis @ 06/04/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofocker
"This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home."

Sooooo...... is this coming out between now and August?
Great catch. Has me excited.

# 24 BigD @ 06/04/14 06:57 PM
I think I'm more hyped for this game than any other this year. Gorgeous screens.

# 25 outkaz79 @ 06/04/14 07:27 PM
This looks very good but why are we getting more NHL news and no Madden news!?! Doesn't Madden drop first... I'm just asking.

# 26 TracerBullet @ 06/04/14 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofocker
"This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home."

Sooooo...... is this coming out between now and August?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Great catch. Has me excited.
Summer doesn't end until Sept. 23. NHL has technically been a summer title for awhile now.

# 27 Retropyro @ 06/04/14 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Summer doesn't end until Sept. 23. NHL has technically been a summer title for awhile now.
Buzzkill!!!!

# 28 asu666 @ 06/04/14 08:39 PM
NHL 15 PS4/XBOX One looks amazing. So long as EA doesn't pull any nasty surprises (e.g., no offline single-player in the new NBA 2K14), then I'm sold. I'll preorder every annual release for years to come if they keep up the good work.

# 29 CaliDude916 @ 06/04/14 08:53 PM
WOW, those arenas look beautiful! Looks like a real picture. I need to see the Shark Tank!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 30 brandon27 @ 06/04/14 08:55 PM
Very impressive. The Joe looks great, so does MSG.

This summer is when I finally planned to upgrade to a XB1, or PS4 when the new sports titles rolled out, I have to upgrade now after seeing these. Looking great, just need to decide on a system.

# 31 canucksss @ 06/04/14 09:16 PM
Graphically speaking EA is very impressive in their games. Now if the gameplay, particularly the offline (BaGM and LTL) are addressed properly...then i dont need another game for my PS4 until MLBTS15

# 32 capnbuh @ 06/04/14 09:36 PM
I hope the next gen version has a completely different gameplay engine, as I'm totally sick of the NHL 07-14 gameplay.

# 33 stylemaster @ 06/04/14 09:46 PM
The screenshots are in 720p... doesnt look good for 1080p wishes

# 34 stylemaster @ 06/04/14 09:49 PM
nevermind the 720p, here is the 1080p one
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4553163/nhl-15-first-screenshot_1920.jpg

# 35 DiscountCleric @ 06/04/14 10:25 PM
Beautiful snapshot. Not a Rangers fan, but it's great to see MSG represented.

# 36 garyjr33 @ 06/04/14 10:45 PM
MSG!!! 4 refs. woohoo!

# 37 Aggies7 @ 06/04/14 10:47 PM
Still prefer videos but these screenshots do look awesome. I'll take arena screens all day long as their detail really adds to atmosphere.

# 38 kehlis @ 06/04/14 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR SEMANTICS!!

# 39 johnnyg713 @ 06/04/14 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnbuh
I hope the next gen version has a completely different gameplay engine, as I'm totally sick of the NHL 07-14 gameplay.
We all want the gameplay to be improved, but with that attitude you are gonna be extremely disappointed. I don't get how you can lump 07-14 in one group like that gameplay-wise as if the game has been the same for the past 7 years. NHL 07 plays nothing like 14. In fact you can tell how much the game has improved since then

# 40 green94 @ 06/04/14 11:05 PM
Whoa.......

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.