Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

It looks like we will finally have tattoos in Madden. Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 screenshot of Colin Kaepernick showing off his ink.

UPDATE: Via @EricFisherSBJ

Quote:
Kaepernick personally secured his own permissions for tattoos in upcoming "Madden." Not sign of broader plan.

NFL doesn't have a contractual ban against tattoos in Madden. Artist permissions have been issue, but Kap got his own.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 carvis#15 @ 06/04/14 11:15 PM
Oh yea, it looks like they fixed the jersey sleeves too. Hopefully no more bulky sleeves are in this game. And again I'm just talking about aesthetics.

# 62 Lovesports @ 06/04/14 11:16 PM
Oh damn! I personally hate Madden and consider it one of the worst next gen games but I gotta say, that looks amazing!

# 63 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/04/14 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

What I will point out is the obvious tats and even though they too look great, I'm interested to find about how this all came about. For years around OS there has been this accepted claim, if I remember correctly expressed from some Madden dev or another, that the NFL didn't allow tattoos in Madden, I for one want to know what changed. I even went back to read that recent article about things the NFL won't allow in Madden and tattoos isn't in that write up. Meaning is this in fact some newly lifted restriction or was EA able to do this for some time but didn't.

FYI, it matters to me because I like to know the facts whenever possible.
Well I know the NBA doesn't like booing but NBA Live still included it.

Not really a football fan but this looks really great. Didn't really amaze me at first until I saw the comparison to last year. Hopefully this is actually in-game.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 64 dghustla @ 06/04/14 11:19 PM
It looks to me like a full body scan. Which is something I was cautiously optimistic about when I saw the transformation video. Outside of not being able to tell what the hell the lineman are doing the screen looks awesome and on par with other next Gen graphics. Since tats are back at least that means EA won't be hyping up grass lol.

# 65 johnnyg713 @ 06/04/14 11:21 PM

Not saying this screen isn't legit but early screen shots seem to always look amazing. Hope this is what the game legitimately looks like.

# 66 PVarck31 @ 06/04/14 11:41 PM
Just FYI, MMChrisS, our executive editor here at OS has confirmed this is an actual in-game screenshot, and not CGI.

# 67 RyanLaFalce @ 06/04/14 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Just FYI, MMChrisS, our executive editor here at OS has confirmed this is an actual in-game screenshot, and not CGI.
It's obvious that it is in-game. One look at the RG3 screen from last year and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's CGI.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

# 68 PVarck31 @ 06/04/14 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
It's obvious that it is in-game. One look at the RG3 screen from last year and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's CGI.

Agreed, but some people didn't think it was legit, so I wanted to pass it a long.

# 69 RyanLaFalce @ 06/04/14 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Agreed, but some people didn't think it was legit, so I wanted to pass it a long.
Now if only my question was answered: did they face and body scan this year?

# 70 N51_rob @ 06/04/14 11:58 PM
Looks nice. Next few months will be interesting to say the least.

# 71 Aggies7 @ 06/05/14 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Looks nice. Next few months will be interesting to say the least.

Agreed still want to see it in motion and presentation package (halftime show, ect)

# 72 apollon42 @ 06/05/14 12:05 AM
I just hope this is really what the game looks like. The only reason I'm skeptical is because they released pics last year that looked a lot different than the finished product. In my opinion these pics look similar, albeit the bottom does look better.

# 73 CaliDude916 @ 06/05/14 12:07 AM
HOLY HELL! This looks incredible! Glad tats are back.

# 74 SoonerSports @ 06/05/14 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I just hope this is really what the game looks like. The only reason I'm skeptical is because they released pics last year that looked a lot different than the finished product. In my opinion these pics look similar, albeit the bottom does look better.

Honestly if you get the lighting right in game on M25 you can get the exact same quality of picture/scene...

# 75 dmoneybags1990 @ 06/05/14 12:14 AM
not gonna lie this looks very impressive......i just hope and pray,it plays as good as it looks. But we are talking EA here as soon as we see gameplay at E3 we might be singing a different tune. Im just saying.....temper your expectations.

# 76 m1ke_nyc @ 06/05/14 12:46 AM
Screenshot looks awesome. Hopefully most players received this level of detail.

# 77 SageInfinite @ 06/05/14 12:53 AM
Screenshot looks awesome I can't deny that. It seems like they did full body scans. If that's the case, everyone is not going to have tattoos. No way they scanned every NFL player. Probably just stars.

The thing that bothers me is, unless the NFL changed their views, it just proves some of the BS that Tiburon has told us. Just say the vision that we have for player models is not able to be achieved due to the tech or whatever. Instead they put it on the NFL. Hopefully the NFL is the true reason tatts weren't allowed and they had a change of policy this year.

Also I think the last Madden that had tatts was Madden 05, and you know what, the license wasn't exclusive, lol. Maybe something is up.........

# 78 SageInfinite @ 06/05/14 12:56 AM
I was actually playing Madden 25 on PS4 last night, and I had moments where I'm like damn this game does look pretty impressive as far as graphics. Just goes to show how much better this game will look this year, because this dumps ALL OVER Madden 25.

This is like the Madden 09 to Madden 10 type of leap visually.

# 79 SageInfinite @ 06/05/14 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
Not trying to be negative, but shouldnt people wait to see if thats really an in game shot before getting excited? Lest we forget...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VWVSwEtJQU

Looks great, but until I see the gameplay with my own eyes, Im not sold.

Not trying to hate, but we have been duped before.
That trailer still hurts. What a load of trash.

# 80 allgames @ 06/05/14 01:17 AM
Were they ever asked point blank about that video from last year. That was the biggest bait and switch ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.