Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

It looks like we will finally have tattoos in Madden. Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 screenshot of Colin Kaepernick showing off his ink.

UPDATE: Via @EricFisherSBJ

Quote:
Kaepernick personally secured his own permissions for tattoos in upcoming "Madden." Not sign of broader plan.

NFL doesn't have a contractual ban against tattoos in Madden. Artist permissions have been issue, but Kap got his own.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ianlast @ 06/05/14 09:57 AM
Amazing detail in that screenshot, but I hope they've actually revamped the presentation so that you see these details during gameplay.

I've never understood how they can spend this much time on graphical detail and yet not have broadcast angles that showcase it. As an example: In M25, I've noticed when looking at replay close-ups, they actually show players faces with flecks of dirt on it. That's pretty cool, but what's the point of having that detail when you have no close-ups and terrible replay angles that are so far removed from the action?

# 102 btvs @ 06/05/14 10:00 AM
That looks amazing. Madden 15 makes Madden 25 look like a cartoon, seriously. I'm glad tattoos are back.

# 103 jeremym480 @ 06/05/14 10:34 AM
Tattoos!!!

# 104 Cryolemon @ 06/05/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Tattoos!!!

Only Kaep has tattoos apparently:

Eric Fisher ‏@EricFisherSBJ 4m
EA: Kaepernick personally secured his own permissions for tattoos in upcoming "Madden." Not sign of broader plan. More coming in SBD

Eric Fisher ‏@EricFisherSBJ 5m
NFL doesn't have a contractual ban against tattoos in Madden. Artist permissions have been issue, but Kap got his own

# 105 allgames @ 06/05/14 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon

EA: Kaepernick personally secured his own permissions for tattoos in upcoming "Madden." Not sign of broader plan. More coming in SBD

NFL doesn't have a contractual ban against tattoos in Madden. Artist permissions have been issue, but Kap got his own
I just saw this tweet as well. I asked if he had any info on the exclusivity of the license. Hopefully he can shed some light on the future.

# 106 msdm27 @ 06/05/14 10:58 AM
Quote:

Well, that was that :/
Like most things with EA..... The joy doesn't really last too long.

# 107 jmurphy31 @ 06/05/14 11:08 AM
Quote:

So basically Kaepernick and maybe a select few will have tattoos? Why bother..

Also, how does NBA 2 get away with tattoos if its an artist issue

# 108 outkaz79 @ 06/05/14 11:09 AM

# 109 dghustla @ 06/05/14 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Well, that was that :/
Like most things with EA..... The joy doesn't really last too long.
Sad but true

# 110 msdm27 @ 06/05/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Hey, it's still a victory. It's not like EA Sports were being lazy or the NFL were being the "No Fun League" on this matter. Kaepernick is a big name player and although not all players will have tats, it's still cool that some will if permission is allowed. I'll take what I can get. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
With this news, they only way it could be called a "victory" is if we'd be able to add tattoos to created players... Since it's already clear that it's not a permission from the NFL issue, there's no reason why it couldn't happen... Since they're going through the effort of adding them for one dude.

# 111 msdm27 @ 06/05/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Very lame excuse IMO. See NBA 2K, WWE games, etc.
Adding to this:
How would any actor/athlete w/tats ever do a photoshoot or appear in a card? Does that also require permission from the artist? Because it seems like very similar scenarios to me.

As it was mentioned above.... LAME excuse.

# 112 Steve_OS @ 06/05/14 11:19 AM
Updated OP.

Quote:
Kaepernick personally secured his own permissions for tattoos in upcoming "Madden." Not sign of broader plan.

NFL doesn't have a contractual ban against tattoos in Madden. Artist permissions have been issue, but Kap got his own.

# 113 IceNHL @ 06/05/14 11:21 AM
The tattoo thing is an issue probably because of that guy who sued Hangover for their use of the Tyson face design. It's gone to court before.

That said, there must be some distinction between recreating a design that is on someone else (Hangover) and just recreating the image of the actual guy with the actual tattoos (NBA2K). 2K hasnt dealt with near the law problems EA has so i guess i understand them being careful...even if it's too careful

# 114 Brandwin @ 06/05/14 11:28 AM
That Kaepernick picture looks amazing, but like others, I will take the wait and see approach. I am hoping Madden looks this good and plays great also. I can't wait to get some Madden news.

# 115 bad_philanthropy @ 06/05/14 11:29 AM
Hilarious that someone can pay an artist to have them tattoo their body, and the artist can retain some rights to the content.

# 116 cowboy_kmoney @ 06/05/14 11:31 AM
Has this been conformed that its only him that will have tatts? I guess we all will knw kome E3.

# 117 TripleCrown9 @ 06/05/14 11:33 AM

# 118 BezO @ 06/05/14 11:40 AM
My impression of the still had nothing to do with the tats, so it's still a notable improvement.

But I don't get the explaination of tats not appearing in Madden unless athletes from other sports have been sercuring artists' permission. Seems odd. And why is this the 1st we're hearing of this?

# 119 m1ke_nyc @ 06/05/14 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Hilarious that someone can pay an artist to have them tattoo their body, and the artist can retain some rights to the content.
I guess its a situation where if the tattoo artist actually created the design instead of the consumer creating it and having the artist tattoo it then the artist retains some rights to it.

# 120 huntt26 @ 06/05/14 11:45 AM
This is EA we're talking about. I bet only like 10 elite players have tats, 50 have face-scans and 25 of the NFL teams have the correct uniforms.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.