Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K15 Most Valuable Players trailer, containing NBA 2K14 gameplay footage.

For those of you expecting something big, this isn't it. At the end of the trailer it shows the KD MVP bonus pack details for anyone pre-ordering NBA 2K15.

NBA 2K15 is scheduled to release on October 7th. Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC.

KD MVP Bonus Pack Details
  • 5,000 Virtual Currency
  • Kevin Durant Throwback MyTEAM Card
  • Two MyTEAM Card Packs
  • MyPLAYER Leg Sleeves, Inspired by Kevin Durant

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Magnus1959 @ 06/05/14 02:49 PM
5000 VC is absolutely nothing in this game. Maybe they left out a zero.

# 42 JODYE @ 06/05/14 02:50 PM
MyPlayer focus?

Call me when they show that they can make player movement/physics halfway realistic. I refuse to play a game where taking one step backwards is impossible and every forward motion requires a player to load up his body to run.

The adverse effects the piss poor physics system has on this game makes it unplayable for me. From passing, to a players first step/explosiveness, to the congestion of the half court, to fast breaks and the list go on and on. They all suffer when everyone on the court has the speed and agility of Roy Hibbert.

I'll pass for the 3rd straight year.

# 43 manustyle90 @ 06/05/14 02:52 PM
here we go, on top of all there is nothing but MyCrap and VirtualCrap, again. Welcome to the future of sports simulation, a kids game with better graphics

# 44 nddot @ 06/05/14 03:06 PM
sickening.

They make ****loads of money with the MyTeam mode, so they wont get rid of the whole VC thing anytime soon.

# 45 alaska2k3 @ 06/05/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I wasn't expecting anything from this,but I came away shaking my head. For the first time, I may not buy an NBA game. After seeing the emphasis on the vc and MyTeam/MyCareer ALREADY, I'm cool on this.

It's obvious who this game is for and what it's becoming and I'm too damn broke to be spending money on "virtual currency" to buy pokemon card NBA players in a damn videogame. Hell, telling me the navigation menu was simple again would've got me more hype than this "your time has come" crap we are about to embark on.

Sorry,rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 46 SteelerSpartan @ 06/05/14 03:18 PM
2k11 got me back into NBA video games, and have loved them from 2k11-2k14.......but I will not sign up for the horseCrap VC garbage and the restrictions on roster management/creation/ and season/assoc mode that they implemented last year on next gen.

Im not going to put up with that...I hated it when EA does it with Madden and I hate it now with NBA 2k

Our offline experience is Ours....we should have countless tools to customize the game how we want......Not have to put up with restriction after restriction designed to force you online where you pony up more cash in their milk-it model

# 47 kjjnesb @ 06/05/14 03:24 PM
I figured VC would be back but for 2K to acknowledge its existence in 2K15 made my heart drop a bit...I get they have to make money but

# 48 BezO @ 06/05/14 03:24 PM
Can't remember the last time I was more impressed by Madden, but it just happened.

# 49 RayZLAL @ 06/05/14 03:26 PM
NBA 2K15 has DRM "Always online" again

Says in the preorder bonus it says internet connected required

# 50 midwestking100 @ 06/05/14 03:28 PM
I see 2k is still deviating from what brought them to the dance smh. VC is what made me skipped 2k14.

# 51 VDusen04 @ 06/05/14 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I figured VC would be back but for 2K to acknowledge its existence in 2K15 made my heart drop a bit...I get they have to make money but
Yep, obviously way too early to tell what 2K15 will be all about but a very hopeful and optimistic part of me was hoping 2K would start things off by assuring folks they received the message loud and clear - that VC and all that fantasy jazz are okay options for a basketball simulation, but not centerpieces. Seeing the VC train seemingly pick up right where it left off in 2K14 is a little disheartening, but I feel like I should have known better for expecting anything else.

# 52 jaateloauto @ 06/05/14 03:32 PM
A non-announcement. What a surprise.

But yeah good to know we still have to deal with 2K's server issues whenever we want to play single player.

# 53 nate1986 @ 06/05/14 03:35 PM
I'm not so sure about this now, they hype vc right out of the gate is a bit worrisome, I wish they would treat this my this and that crud separate like madden does

I may stick with 2k14 or see how live turns out, I hope WWE 2k15 doesn't get ravaged by the vc monster

# 54 Jrocc23 @ 06/05/14 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
5,000 VC, my team packs and a leg sleeve

# 55 Shadojoker @ 06/05/14 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Exactly. ..not impressed and truly disappointed

# 56 lakers24 @ 06/05/14 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yep, obviously way too early to tell what 2K15 will be all about but a very hopeful and optimistic part of me was hoping 2K would start things off by assuring folks they received the message loud and clear - that VC and all that fantasy jazz are okay options for a basketball simulation, but not centerpieces. Seeing the VC train seemingly pick up right where it left off in 2K14 is a little disheartening, but I feel like I should have known better for expecting anything else.
Don't worry, they'll make you feel better by giving you a "Diamond Duncan" and "Diamond Durant" lol

# 57 Shakedowncapo @ 06/05/14 03:58 PM
Seriously, if I need to be online to load a franchise mode save I'm not buying it new...That's where I'll hit their pockets.

2K's servers are the worst in the business and they have the audacity to have "always online" DRM.

# 58 RayZLAL @ 06/05/14 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Seriously, if I need to be online to load a franchise mode save I'm not buying it new...That's where I'll hit their pockets.

2K's servers are the worst in the business and they have the audacity to have "always online" DRM.

With all that $ they make off MyTeam alone, you'd think that would at least improved the servers

# 59 silverskier @ 06/05/14 04:03 PM
It seems that they are going to focus in VC again... i'll pass this year. Maybe nba live is a good alternative

# 60 GudStuffzz @ 06/05/14 04:31 PM
Man, what is Live doing. This is a good chance for them to narrow the gap between them and 2k. If they could just overhaul their gameplay they would be going a HUGE step in the right direction. Unfortunately, I don't like spending money for 'in game content' so the integration of VC has really been a turn off for me. I'd rather they just kept the VC to MyTeam, SP (skill points that can only be EARNED not PURCHASED) to MyCareer, and every other mode such as association free. MyGM was fun at first but the need for VC is killing it, especially since other modes require VC as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.