Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K15 Most Valuable Players trailer, containing NBA 2K14 gameplay footage.

For those of you expecting something big, this isn't it. At the end of the trailer it shows the KD MVP bonus pack details for anyone pre-ordering NBA 2K15.

NBA 2K15 is scheduled to release on October 7th. Coming to Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC.

KD MVP Bonus Pack Details
  • 5,000 Virtual Currency
  • Kevin Durant Throwback MyTEAM Card
  • Two MyTEAM Card Packs
  • MyPLAYER Leg Sleeves, Inspired by Kevin Durant

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Smirkin Dirk @ 06/06/14 10:39 PM
They are rational business people acting rationally.

It's the consumers fault for buying the crap.

# 142 23 @ 06/07/14 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd

Honestly

I'd love to buy more classic teams, stadiums or seasons, etc... You know. Things that have everything to do with NBA basketball.

Let me play out the 92-93 season, ill get the DLC

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

Stockton/Malone Challenges

The list goes on.. I would love to have something like this

but no we get VC, a sweatband, online connected rosters and more of this look at me my player shenanigans.

So from business to customer, im not exactly seeing this as providing me with something that I really want or care for.

IMO its not rational to me, and I don't buy it. However if it was like the above, I most certainly would.

# 143 ourpurpose @ 06/07/14 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin

You think sports companies wouldn't like to get extra money like the Call of Duty's and Assassin's Creed' well maybe you're the slow one...Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
I never said or implied any such thing. I applaud you for your straw man though.

# 144 ChrisHansen59 @ 06/07/14 02:31 AM
I was hoping we'd get some kind of glimmer of hope that we can actually play 2K15 Association/MyGM our way instead of the way 2K wants to force us to play but the already heavy plugging of VC and MyPlayer killed my hopes.

I can only pray that all the VC nonsense doesn't spill over into the WWE games now.

# 145 lakers24 @ 06/07/14 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly

I'd love to buy more classic teams, stadiums or seasons, etc... You know. Things that have everything to do with NBA basketball.

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

but no we get VC, a sweatband, online connected rosters and more of this look at me my player shenanigans.

So from business to customer, im not exactly seeing this as providing me with something that I really want or care for.

IMO its not rational to me, and I don't buy it. However if it was like the above, I most certainly would.
So much this. I was sooooo pissed when I found out this was in the freaking mobile version and not the consoles

# 146 SPRINGS03 @ 06/07/14 05:06 AM
Quote:

Sure, i guess you could say it's rational. Definitely, doesn't mean it's less distastful. Put it this way there are other buisinesses bigger than 2k that are known to treat their consumers waaay better and put out better products without milking their consumers. Look at video game companies like valve and naughty dogs. 2k is more in line with EA and activision at this point.

However, i will agree it is the consumers fault as well. And that especially goes for all these people complain and bitch about how bad the game is and how many problems it has, and then turn around and buy it on day one and give 2k their money. That's just stupid and impulsive, and anyone who does that has very little right to complain IMO.

# 147 Smirkin Dirk @ 06/07/14 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Sure, i guess you could say it's rational. Definitely, doesn't mean it's less distastful. Put it this way there are other buisinesses bigger than 2k that are known to treat their consumers waaay better and put out better products without milking their consumers. Look at video game companies like valve and naughty dogs. 2k is more in line with EA and activision at this point.
Yep, you're right.

This will be my 11th 2K and I feel like I am an undesired consumer because I dont buy VC, don't buy in to all of Ronnie's **** and stick to realistic associations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
However, i will agree it is the consumers fault as well. And that especially goes for all these people complain and bitch about how bad the game is and how many problems it has, and then turn around and buy it on day one and give 2k their money. That's just stupid and impulsive, and anyone who does that has very little right to complain IMO.
I disagree. While I think the design choices are wrong the core gameplay is better than ever before. The fact many of us are longtime supporters should give us some input into the design process.

# 148 SPRINGS03 @ 06/07/14 05:34 AM
Quote:
Yep, you're right.

This will be my 11th 2K and I feel like I am an undesired consumer because I dont buy VC, don't buy in to all of Ronnie's **** and stick to realistic associations.

I disagree. While I think the design choices are wrong the core gameplay is better than ever before. The fact many of us are longtime supporters should give us some input into the design process.
I've never bought vc and i refuse to out of principle. And yeah, ronnie is full of crap i learned that a couple years ago lol. Good luck with realistic associations in next gen though, 2k is ruining that as well because they don't want the consumers to have control over anything anymore so you're stuck with a mygm with teams making stupid trades and free agents like lebron going to the utah jazz or some nonsense.

Eh, i disagree about the core gameplay. Its probably smoother, but it still has the same legacy issues that haven't been addressed in years. There are issues that have been a problem since 2k9(such as awareness in loose ball situations, passing, and rebounding to name a few). And it's like they haven't even tried to fix them because there has been no improvement in these areas.

# 149 swac07 @ 06/07/14 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

# 150 WaddupCouzin @ 06/07/14 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourpurpose
I never said or implied any such thing. I applaud you for your straw man though.
*Hands Up* You Got Me... Lol!
Smh.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

# 151 midwestking100 @ 06/07/14 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

THIS! is what brought me to 2k from the get go!.I'd pay for any classic seasons. I don't know why 2k drifted away from this smh.

# 152 23 @ 06/07/14 05:29 PM
This was just a year ago but that's not the point. As long as they're apart of the players union then it's doable.

You can do it with current players on older teams or even now but they choose to focus on fantasy online and server related things. It's not something I care for. .

I know they don't care how I feel about it but it's a shame the series sees this stuff as more of a priority.

Galaxy Note 2

# 153 XXstormmXX @ 06/07/14 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
Man I can see it coming. Following this direction, we will buy a game called MySelf2k20, where you start by creating a 7'10 green mohawk'd version of yourself (probably a 4'11 12years old kid, aka the new target), getting drafted 1st overall in your MyFantasy team in a MyFantasy league full of created myFriends and MyYoutubeStars+Ronnie2k.
Then after creating yourself, you get to sit on your MyCouch and watch true Nba games, wich will probably be replicated by a new Nba videogame franchise

Hey don't forget the part where you record yourself shouting around while you dunk on players(dunk packages cost 10,000 VC of course), and if 2K likes you they put you in a video with the MVP.

# 154 Sundown @ 06/07/14 08:58 PM
Unless the trailer meant we get to put ourselves in the game somehow, I could care less about YouTube "celebrities".

Keep in mind these are some of the same guys that were exploited for the "Crew is back" sham last year.

# 155 stillfeelme @ 06/07/14 10:26 PM
Wow that is the preorder bonus? Jeez.

This has to be the first game where an actual Youtuber was actually used as paid promotional in a TV ad. They were featured as much as Kevin Durant.

# 156 Goffs @ 06/07/14 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

Unfortunately it's all about the crew and online....forget the single player part of the game....

EA should swoop in and take this idea since I had a blast with the Jordan challenges.

# 157 spankdatazz22 @ 06/08/14 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
2K priority list

1. VC
2. MyCareer
3. MyTeam
4. VC and limit your ability to customize
5. Did I mention no editing headbands on actual nba players
6. That GM Mode that we (2K) had to put in for the fools (Rocket) that love Association and controlling all the franchises to have a sim experience.
7. VC
8. VC to put in that GM Mode
9. Piss you off
10. Laugh at every post in this thread.
*sigh* If I'm not mistaken, last year the first bit of news 2K released was about how they'd addressed fixing blocking in the game - something that had been a major issue the previous year and a major gameplay issue. Except many of the people that responded to the news took it as if 2K was "bragging about fixing an issue that never should've existed in the first place". Or other comments were "They're trying to announce blocking as a new feature". Which they weren't - they were trying to let the "hardcore" community know one of their big concerns was being addressed. And still people found a reason to jump down their throats or be negative.

I'm not trying to be overly defensive because the game has it's obvious flaws, but they can't win for losing with many of you. If 2K were to used this announcement in the way some SAY they want to hear, that it was gameplay related, at BEST it would've probably been met with skepticism. At best. As it is now in this thread you have some people trying to infer the gameplay has barely improved over the years (if at all) and/or that 2K purposely ignores improving certain aspects of the game.

As far as the Legends content goes, I've been saying for years it's probably the most justifiable content to monetize. But it's been free as part of the game. They've (2K) been going above and beyond what any other sports game has even come close to doing when it comes to Legend content for so long now that for many it's expected imo. I've read people comment that if there's no Legend content or if they have to pay for access to Legends teams/players, they're not buying the game.

# 158 Crazydavid212 @ 06/08/14 05:35 AM
I just hope that CAP is back in this game!

# 159 YaBoial @ 06/08/14 09:06 AM
I will be happy if the can bring back online lobbies, fix the alley-oop glitch, and put actual DEFENSE in the game. Not just blocks and BS steals in the game, the type of defense that lets me slide side-to-side and possibly contest shots, and most importantly, fix the area of defense where player can just push the stick forward and press X/square to score

# 160 Clappington @ 06/08/14 09:53 AM
Their bread and butter right now is MyCareer and MyTeam, thats what the mass majority of 2k users play (not all so dont get on me) from a company stand point why wouldn't 2k give pre order bonus that caters to those two game modes? It's what most user play so in all honestly did they a pretty good job on that, if some of yall are mad at 2k for this, should take it up with other 2k users because they are the reason. The moment 2k made MyCareer/MyPlayer it became their #1 mode. Plus in this generation gaming is moving forward to multiplayer modes, so honestly I understand why 2k isn't putting forth a lot of effort in single player mode, when the mass majority plays online multiplayer. I know some of yall are loyal fans and I am also but from a company stand point you have to cater to the needs of the majority.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.