Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the first official trailer for Madden NFL 15, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly.

They have also released details on Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition, which includes 30 Madden Ultimate Team pro packs and a draft class pack featuring 10 of the first round draft picks from the 2014 NFL Draft.

You can also see a few new Madden NFL 15 screenshots here.

Deliver on Defense

Set the tone on defense with more control thanks to an all-new arsenal of pass rush moves, contain the open field with intuitive tackling mechanics, and play as a team with redesigned zone and man coverage logic all while being immersed in the play from the other side of the line, with defensive player lock cameras. Madden NFL 15 delivers on defense.

NFL Films Inspired Presentation

Relive the greatest moments in games played with dynamic pre-game and halftime shows , and get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play. Madden NFL 15 features NFL Films inspired presentation.

Know Your Opponent

Call your plays with confidence using data from millions of online games played by Madden gamers and test your new found skills through intense challenges and conditions in The Gauntlet. Madden NFL 15 gives you the advantage to know your opponent.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on August 26th for Xbox One, PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Read the full press release below.

Fans Get First Look at Gameplay and New Trailer Starring Luke Kuechly

Madden Season is right around the corner, as today EA SPORTS released the first official gameplay video for Madden NFL 15. The video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly, underscores the key focus in this year’s game, a commitment to improved defense.

New defensive features and mechanics allow fans to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare, with an arsenal of new pass rush moves, new open-field tackling mechanics, new defensive cameras and much more. More details surrounding Madden NFL 15, including in-depth info on defensive improvements, presentation enhancements and more will be announced next week at E3.

Madden NFL 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. A version of Madden NFL 15 will also release on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system. To learn more about Madden NFL 15, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mellamoaaron @ 06/06/14 12:45 PM
Graphically I think the game looks great. I watched the video again and paused it a few times at key moments and the player models seem much improved and aside from that I would say that the animations seemed much smoother on some the clips at the end. I still need to see how someone that they always screw up, let's say Peyton Manning, looks. Otherwise I am going to reserve my judgment until more screens come out.

# 82 apollon42 @ 06/06/14 12:56 PM
I think this looks similar to the RG3 trailer we saw last year. This looks decent to me.

# 83 BezO @ 06/06/14 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Guaranteed that every person commenting here buys Madden this year. Even those that are overly critical.
History says you're correct about many, but not all. I purchased 1 release last gen ('07 or '08) that I later returned siting excessive bugs, and got another 2 releases from attending CDs. I've not owned Madden in 4 years, and haven't played a single down in 2 years. 3 releases in 10 years, and from someone that owned every release from the very 1st on Commodore 64 ('89?) to 2004 on the PS2.

The numbers say others feel the same way. Like Only1LT said, the industry is growing. I'd bet that baseball and basketball video game sales are growing with it. Sales of the game representing the most popular sport in America going down has to say something.

But yeah, until more folks tighten their pockets, Madden will look like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I thought it looked good, then again I know Madden is a video game.
And the rest of us, except AH32, thinks EA is selling actual NFL games on disk.

# 84 apollon42 @ 06/06/14 01:00 PM
Sidelines look the same.

# 85 bonannogiovanni @ 06/06/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHISENH2016
It has gotten to the point where I truly believe that the public just hates Madden. I understand that this game is not as great as it could be, and NFL 2k5, gameplay-wise, outdoes every Madden game made since then. However, EA, in my opinion took a huge step in the right direction with M25 NG. It was not what they showed in their trailers, but it was a game that had improved blocking, better running, better graphics, and better lighting than any previous Madden, including M25 last-gen. Looking at these videos and screenshots, this looks way better than what Madden put out last year, and that seems good to me. Stop saying that this is a "disappointment" before you even see more than a one minute trailer that features barely any gameplay at all.
I partially agree, I'm disappointed because, as you've said, NFL 2K5 still outdoes Madden.

# 86 CM Hooe @ 06/06/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Some of us are just tired of paying 60 dollars for a lackluster performance and can't enjoy their football fix.
Then don't? This doesn't strike me as a hard problem to solve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
And the rest of us, except AH32, thinks EA is selling actual NFL games on disk.
You're both right, actually; with Madden, EA Tiburon is selling an NFL-branded football video game.

# 87 strawberryshortcake @ 06/06/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
All I see in this thread is bashing for the sake of bashing. I can understand having complaints of the gameplay in the trailer, but visually speaking, it looked great. I don't see a big difference in the Kaep screenshot and the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From a visual and graphics standpoint, I had to do a triple and quadruple take on the Colin Kaepernick's still shot. My immediate reaction was photorealism. And it still looks photorealistic.

Unfortunately, I did not do the same with the three new screenshots (Andrew Luck, Sherman, Jim Harbaugh/Vernon Davis). My immediate reaction was video game.

Even when comparing Vernon Davis's color palette to Colin Kaepernick's, Vernon Davis looks video gamey while Colin still has that photorealistic look to it.

# 88 NicVirtue @ 06/06/14 01:18 PM
The animations still look like Madden. Jerky. Nothing to see here for me. I also thought the jersey's were moving, turns out they're more static than the helmets, it just has the illusion that it can move. Oh well. Not shocked or surprised. At least they showed actual gameplay. Kudos for that.

# 89 mellamoaaron @ 06/06/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
From a visual and graphics standpoint, I had to do a triple and quadruple take on the Colin Kaepernick's still shot. My immediate reaction was photorealism. And it still looks photorealistic.

Unfortunately, I did not do the same with the three new screenshots (Andrew Luck, Sherman, Jim Harbaugh/Vernon Davis). My immediate reaction was video game.

Even when comparing Vernon Davis's color palette to Colin Kaepernick's, Vernon Davis looks video gamey while Colin still has that photorealistic look to it.

I think they look comparable enough to the Kaepernick screenshot to be honest.

# 90 reverend_heat @ 06/06/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Sidelines look the same.
It seems clear to me the sideline player models are improved somewhat, and at the :54 second mark of the trailer, look to the upper right of Luke, multiple Seahawk sideline models are reacting negatively (throwing arms up in air etc.) to Lynch getting stuffed. Also noticed the Riddell logo on front part of helmet has been replaced with 49ers, Panthers proper name font logos. Sadly, it's clear Lynch has no mouth guard for the, who knows how many years in a row it's been now. Maybe ps5 or Ps6.

# 91 howboutdat @ 06/06/14 01:18 PM
funny / sad this thread turned into what i expected rather quickly, just bash EA, cause its all you know how to do. nice job guys. Ive played madden for a very very long time, and yes i was frustrated with EA for a long while too, but i didnt let that blind me from them going in a better direction ,starting with m13. Is it perfect? no , and NO game is so get over it . What im interested in this announcement most is this " get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play." ive wanted a on the field view for madden for a long time. I loved the madden 10 co -op online camera angle. The quote above makes me think there will be a more " on the field" type of camera view . Which i hope is true and hope to see soon. I know they also mentioned the Lock on defender camera ( which im pretty sure they got from NCAA ) the only issue i have with that is , at least on ncaa it locked u onto playing as one defender that entire play, like you couldnt switch. im not a big fan of that, i want to see the ability to switch defenders but still have the on the field feel. anyway, just wondering about other ( open minded peoples) thoughts on this particular statement EA released.....

# 92 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/06/14 01:19 PM
Two things that stood out to me were that Marshawn Lynch still looks too small & they still don't have SIGNATURE RUNNING ANIMATIONS / BALL CARRYING STYLES smh. When Marshawn took the hand off he was running with his back straight up which is nothing like how he runs in real life. Marshawn runs with a determination & power that you don't get in Madden. They still have runners leaning awkwardly instead of running with a sense of purpose with hard cuts, etc... There's no sense of burst or acceleration smh. This is really an eyesore & it's long overdue. No matter how pretty the graphics look, if the game doesn't animate realistically then what does it matter? Needless to say I was underwhelmed.

# 93 Only1LT @ 06/06/14 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
All I see in this thread is bashing for the sake of bashing. I can understand having complaints of the gameplay in the trailer, but visually speaking, it looked great. I don't see a big difference in the Kaep screenshot and the trailer.

I respect your opinion, but I'm curious about one thing:

Taking for granted that you are even aware of, own, or have seen Watch Dogs in person, and if you are aware of the fervor with regards to the differences in the E3 2012 footage and the trailers released a couple months ago, as well as the retail game, do you see any difference between them either or does it look the same as the E3 2012 footage in your opinion?

# 94 biffsmack @ 06/06/14 01:23 PM
I am going to wait on real gameplay. I think the may have been a mix of PS3/360 and PS4/XB1 video in there.

# 95 avwhitechic @ 06/06/14 01:24 PM
So the #Know your opponent is ask Madden but only with online user choices...cheesy but will def even the playing field against repeated cheese plays

# 96 truzoe @ 06/06/14 01:24 PM
Typical ea!! Another year with this sorry excuse for a football game. We get an awesome baseball, basketball games. But 8 years and it still the same old with a new fresh coat of paint. So disappointed ea need competition badly or I don't see us getting a good football game anytime soon.

# 97 Shaffer26 @ 06/06/14 01:25 PM
No matter how great the graphics are(and I think they look great in this video), if the animations suck, it will look like crap. One step forward and two steps back for Madden again, imo.

# 98 strawberryshortcake @ 06/06/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeTime
The difference is the Kap pic is edited before it was posted and the other are more likely direct captures from the game. Kap pic is still considered "in game" but it's a promotional image that has been doctored. The other shots are what you'll see when you go into replay in game
That, I do realize. It's just that another user (yes his opinion) saying that "I don't see a big difference in the Kaep screenshot and the trailer. "

I simply wanted to put my opinion out there, saying that I do see a big difference in graphic fidelity. Colin's pic looks photorealistic where as the newer screenshots, plus trailer, looks video gamey. The question is why not use the same "touch up" technique when actually making the playable video game.

# 99 howboutdat @ 06/06/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
So the #Know your opponent is ask Madden but only with online user choices...cheesy but will def even the playing field against repeated cheese plays

i think this could be a good thing, if it say took the tendencies of only the people in your online leagues. like each individuals personal tendencies, it kept up with for each owner. Then when your playing that person , it would give u advice based off their past tendencies, thus helping the cause of mixing things up alot in online leagues, but it should def keep up with that info for each player, and not incorporate the cheese lobby players tendencies

# 100 dghustla @ 06/06/14 01:28 PM
i am happy we got full body scans. Jj Watt doesn't appear to have gut.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.