Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the first official trailer for Madden NFL 15, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly.

They have also released details on Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition, which includes 30 Madden Ultimate Team pro packs and a draft class pack featuring 10 of the first round draft picks from the 2014 NFL Draft.

You can also see a few new Madden NFL 15 screenshots here.

Deliver on Defense

Set the tone on defense with more control thanks to an all-new arsenal of pass rush moves, contain the open field with intuitive tackling mechanics, and play as a team with redesigned zone and man coverage logic all while being immersed in the play from the other side of the line, with defensive player lock cameras. Madden NFL 15 delivers on defense.

NFL Films Inspired Presentation

Relive the greatest moments in games played with dynamic pre-game and halftime shows , and get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play. Madden NFL 15 features NFL Films inspired presentation.

Know Your Opponent

Call your plays with confidence using data from millions of online games played by Madden gamers and test your new found skills through intense challenges and conditions in The Gauntlet. Madden NFL 15 gives you the advantage to know your opponent.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on August 26th for Xbox One, PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Read the full press release below.

Fans Get First Look at Gameplay and New Trailer Starring Luke Kuechly

Madden Season is right around the corner, as today EA SPORTS released the first official gameplay video for Madden NFL 15. The video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly, underscores the key focus in this year’s game, a commitment to improved defense.

New defensive features and mechanics allow fans to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare, with an arsenal of new pass rush moves, new open-field tackling mechanics, new defensive cameras and much more. More details surrounding Madden NFL 15, including in-depth info on defensive improvements, presentation enhancements and more will be announced next week at E3.

Madden NFL 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. A version of Madden NFL 15 will also release on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system. To learn more about Madden NFL 15, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 SageInfinite @ 06/06/14 01:29 PM
Disappointed to see there might not be head tracking added to the ball carriers. Lynch seemed to be looking straight ahead. Another thing that keeps the running from looking realistic.

Also found it funny in the trailer that the ball is hiked from shotgun, yet when the play starts Wilson is under center, lol. Cmon marketing!

I'm not worried about the graphics. I know the game will be beautiful. I just wish they could get all the equipment NFL accurate. It'd take the look so much further.

I've given up on animations. Honestly FIFA and NHL are the only games that animate pretty good.

Madden is what it is. I enjoyed Madden 25 on PS4 enough to be interested in Madden 15 on PS4. I just hope it's worth my time.

# 102 CM Hooe @ 06/06/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
So that is the solution? How about them listening to the fans for once? SMH... Sorry I care about a SIM football game.
They are listening, and based on retail sales of the software and DLC purchase sales from Ultimate Team those who buy Madden NFL greatly enjoy the product EA Tiburon produces.

# 103 aholbert32 @ 06/06/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
[b]

So that is the solution? How about them listening to the fans for once? SMH... Sorry I care about a SIM football game.
You can care about it but when are you going to realize one isn't coming from EA. It's been a decade since ea released a football game that was even close to a simulation. They seem satisfied with the sales. Why would they make drastic changes to the game when they don't have to want too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 104 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/06/14 01:32 PM
Oh and the sidelines still looked like crap smh. Come on EA! You guys have to do better! Living worlds? Players were still doing the same animations all in unison. You still don't have the ACTUAL PLAYERS from the team on the sidelines (just random players wearing random numbers). All player models have the same body types. Still no names on the back if their jerseys. These are all things that kill the immersion & need to be fixed for Next Gen.

# 105 SageInfinite @ 06/06/14 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You can care about it but when are you going to realize one isn't coming from EA. It's been a decade since ea released a football game that was even close to a simulation. They seem satisfied with the sales. Why would they make drastic changes to the game when they don't have to want too?

Yeah it's just lip service from the devs. We all know what Madden is, and is going to be, or at least we should by now.

# 106 SageInfinite @ 06/06/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
If they were listening why have the animations been ugly since Madden 06? Why have penalties been broken since 06? Why are sliders a mystery people have to solve to get it to kind of work? Why is the AI still dumb as rocks? Why do they add features and never touch them again? Are you sure they are listening?
They're listening to the people who are writing their checks. If what the suits and what the fans want happen to coincide, then they're listening, lol. Other than that it is what it is. That stuff is just not a priority for them. The game sells and functions without all that stuff. Until they get around to it, or they need to change it, it's going to stay that way.

# 107 MajorSupreme @ 06/06/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Exactly. The devs know that can do the least possible, hype it up, and still have excellent sales annually. It's lazy, but it's smart of them for cashing in on most of us buying Madden no matter how much we complain and ask for certain features. That little suggestions page they have, I'd bet no one looks at it. Smart company.

# 108 Only1LT @ 06/06/14 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
funny / sad this thread turned into what i expected rather quickly, just bash EA, cause its all you know how to do. nice job guys. Ive played madden for a very very long time, and yes i was frustrated with EA for a long while too, but i didnt let that blind me from them going in a better direction ,starting with m13. Is it perfect? no , and NO game is so get over it . What im interested in this announcement most is this " get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play." ive wanted a on the field view for madden for a long time. I loved the madden 10 co -op online camera angle. The quote above makes me think there will be a more " on the field" type of camera view . Which i hope is true and hope to see soon. I know they also mentioned the Lock on defender camera ( which im pretty sure they got from NCAA ) the only issue i have with that is , at least on ncaa it locked u onto playing as one defender that entire play, like you couldnt switch. im not a big fan of that, i want to see the ability to switch defenders but still have the on the field feel. anyway, just wondering about other ( open minded peoples) thoughts on this particular statement EA released.....
I think it is a bit close minded on your part to associate not liking Madden or voicing criticism about certain aspects of Madden as being closed minded.

Having said that, I don't play NCAA and have never seen the Player lock camera, but I am a fan of it in theory. I would rather it be an integral part of the gaming experience in Madden, a la Backbreaker, as opposed to an optional camera angle though.

A lot of unrealistic aspects with regards to gameplay can be attributed to how much more of our surroundings we can see due to the overhead cam and I think the game would instantly become more sim with a more confined 3rd person view with a user controllable camera via the Right Stick. Since there is absolutely no way that this is what they have done in Madden 15, and probably never will do, I would play with the new camera (provided I even get the game), but I can't help but think of it as a missed opp.

# 109 dghustla @ 06/06/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Disappointed to see there might not be head tracking added to the ball carriers. Lynch seemed to be looking straight ahead. Another thing that keeps the running from looking realistic.

Also found it funny in the trailer that the ball is hiked from shotgun, yet when the play starts Wilson is under center, lol. Cmon marketing!

I'm not worried about the graphics. I know the game will be beautiful. I just wish they could get all the equipment NFL accurate. It'd take the look so much further.

I've given up on animations. Honestly FIFA and NHL are the only games that animate pretty good.

Madden is what it is. I enjoyed Madden 25 on PS4 enough to be interested in Madden 15 on PS4. I just hope it's worth my time.
totally different plays. They are lining up in pistol then snap from single back, then #82 randomly comes out of no where. It's confusing to follow, unless you are solely looking at the video for the sake of graphics.

I agree there is still enjoyment that can be found in playing Madden next gen.

# 110 kehlis @ 06/06/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
If they were listening why have the animations been ugly since Madden 06? Why have penalties been broken since 06? Why are sliders a mystery people have to solve to get it to kind of work? Why is the AI still dumb as rocks? Why do they add features and never touch them again? Are you sure they are listening?
What don't you get? Just because they aren't addressing your concerns doesn't mean they aren't addressing the things other people ask for.

Fact of the matter actual gameplay is last on the list to a majority of kids anymore, it is what it is.

They are listening, just not to you.

# 111 Only1LT @ 06/06/14 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
They look like completely opposite games. That's obvious to me. The trailer, on the other hand, doesn't have that huge of a difference to me. I can see a slight difference, that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree, but fair enough. How about Dark Souls 2. Same scenario.

I'm just trying to determine a baseline.

# 112 kjcheezhead @ 06/06/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
You can't ignore statistics. If you don't want to go on vgchartz, how about Forbes? They addressed the decline in sales. They addressed the reasons on why that might be.

Again, no one is saying that Madden NFL 25 didn't put up big numbers. However, having a big time anniversary game sale lower than the last shouldn't be overlooked either. So to me, it is up for debate.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...ts-first-week/
You're right. First week sales are important just like opening weekend for movies. A lot of movies make up losses in DVD sales, but no one cares. Only how it did opening weekend.

The other fact blind defenders like to ignore is that madden was outsold by a basketball game last year. A basketball game that had an alternative basketball offered in nba live.

That's unheard of. Basketball is probably one third as popular as football. A mediocre football game should kill a great basketball game on that alone..and 2k had a ton of backlash from its vc.

Madden is still a money printer, but it's not the popular game it was before the exclusive. Not even close. A game shouldn't lose sales after killing off it's competitor at all, and it shouldn't get out sold by less popular brands. But madden did both.

# 113 CM Hooe @ 06/06/14 01:44 PM
Quote:
Yes, I am sure they are listening to the target audience of their game, mostly the competitive online crowd, who buys and enjoys their product. It is readily apparent that this target audience is not one which you are a member.

# 114 CM Hooe @ 06/06/14 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Exactly. The devs know that can do the least possible, hype it up, and still have excellent sales annually. It's lazy, but it's smart of them for cashing in on most of us buying Madden no matter how much we complain and ask for certain features. That little suggestions page they have, I'd bet no one looks at it. Smart company.
No, EA is absolutely not being "lazy" by focusing their feature set and upgrades to a different target audience than the one which is most vocally present here.

# 115 howboutdat @ 06/06/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I think it is a bit close minded on your part to associated not liking Madden or voicing criticism about certain aspects of Madden as being closed minded.

Having said that, I don't play NCAA and have never seen the Player lock camera, but I am a fan of it in theory. I would rather it be an integral part of the gaming experience in Madden, a la Backbreaker, as opposed to an optional camera angle though.

A lot of unrealistic aspects with regards to gameplay can be attributed to how much more of our surroundings we can see due to the overhead cam and I think the game would instantly become more sim with a more confined 3rd person view with a user controllable camera via the Right Stick. Since there is absolutely no way that this is what they have done in Madden 15, and probably never will do, I would play with the new camera (provided I even get the game), but I can't help but think of it as a missed opp.
well i guess when i see peps wanting to say how aweful m15 is gonna be , and how bad the gameplay already looks, after seeing about 15 seconds worth of tossed together , quick moving footage, is nothing more than some being close minded. You cant gather hardly anything from this "gameplay trailer" Most of whats being said ,is mostly being based off their past maddens they didnt like. Not the fact its been getting better since m13.

As for the player lock camera, i only played the last ncaa demo, it was a camera angle you could choose that was behind the d player you picked, closer to field level, but alittle to far back from player imo.

I TOTALLY agree with you on the part about needing a more 3rd person view to make the game more SIM. Ive said this for years. The normal overhead , see all of the field and everyone on it with nothing blocking your view, is UNSIM in itself and generates alot of unsim gameplay due to being able to see more than a real player could at once.Its not a true measure of ones football IQ as well as , your not seeing it as a real NFL player sees it. Im sure all qbs in NFL would love to see their games from that overhead view for this very reason. I personally would love a better on the field camera. In madden 10 co -op online they had it pretty close to how it needs to be , and you could switch players on d in the middle of a play. The main thing they needed to fix with that view then was allow the ability to look around your player. So im hoping one of the new 6 camera angles gives us a better on the field view myself, one for the reasons you mentioned , although as you noted if everyone doesnt have to use it , it only really helps the lobby players be bettter by having a cheating view of field while you play like a real football player view. The other reason i want this , i actually want to get a better feeling like im actually on a nfl field, playing in a nfl game.That madden 10 co-op gave me that feel more than any others ive seen. So for those reasons i hope they have a good camera angle on the field.

# 116 dghustla @ 06/06/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You're right. First week sales are important just like opening weekend for movies. A lot of movies make up losses in DVD sales, but no one cares. Only how it did opening weekend.

The other fact blind defenders like to ignore is that madden was outsold by a basketball game last year. A basketball game that had an alternative basketball offered in nba live.

That's unheard of. Basketball is probably one third as popular as football. A mediocre football game should kill a great basketball game on that alone..and 2k had a ton of backlash from its vc.

Madden is still a money printer, but it's not the popular game it was before the exclusive. Not even close. A game shouldn't lose sales after killing off it's competitor at all, and it shouldn't get out sold by less popular brands. But madden did both.

Lets get back to the trailer. Not tryna police but we all know these talking points like the back of our hands. We all know that physical disc sales are down. There are many assumptions we can make as to why those sales are down. But the bottom-line is EA and Madden aint hurting, MUT is making 10x more money than video game sales ever could anyway and that is the secret sauce. Today started "Most Wanted Weekend" for MUT EA's prolly rung up $100k in pack sales already.

# 117 MajorSupreme @ 06/06/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, EA is absolutely not being "lazy" by focusing their feature set and upgrades to a different target audience than the one which is most vocally present here.
Not changing Reebok to Nike over these past couple of years seems pretty lazy to me. Maybe I'm wrong, which I have no problem with. But EA is not proactive.

# 118 CubFan23 @ 06/06/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truzoe
Typical ea!! Another year with this sorry excuse for a football game. We get an awesome baseball, basketball games. But 8 years and it still the same old with a new fresh coat of paint. So disappointed ea need competition badly or I don't see us getting a good football game anytime soon.
Funny how NBA2k and The Show have no competition and produce 2 of the best sports titles out there. So your "EA needs competition"comment is a little off, while competition would be nice it's not the sole reason for a sub par football game.

# 119 CM Hooe @ 06/06/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Not changing Reebok to Nike over these past couple of years seems pretty lazy to me. Maybe I'm wrong, which I have no problem with. But EA is not proactive.
I'm not sure what you are referring to, but the uniform manufacturer switch was a BFD in the Madden NFL 13 build-up and I remember several press releases and blogs about it. Tiburon worked directly with Nike in making that switch happen and had early access to the teams' new uniforms.

Granted, there were a few notable errors, most memorably the Chicago Bears' orange pants, but Tiburon was if anything ahead of the curve, at worst on the curve to that end.

# 120 dghustla @ 06/06/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
well i guess when i see peps wanting to say how aweful m15 is gonna be , and how bad the gameplay already looks, after seeing about 15 seconds worth of tossed together , quick moving footage, is nothing more than some being close minded. You cant gather hardly anything from this "gameplay trailer" Most of whats being said ,is mostly being based off their past maddens they didnt like. Not the fact its been getting better since m13.

As for the player lock camera, i only played the last ncaa demo, it was a camera angle you could choose that was behind the d player you picked, closer to field level, but alittle to far back from player imo.
in those 15 seconds you see the same animations and the same routine play with the same bad AI that's been seen in the series for years. If you like madden then it's the status quo, if you don't like Madden gameplay or you're on the fence it most likely was underwhelming to you. 1 picture of Kap created more optimism about the game than their trailer prolly not what they intended. With that said there is still room for the game to be a solid product, I don't think most on here are judging the final product based on this trailer especially with E3 next week. But in terms of creating excitement about any aspect of the game other than graphics it just didn't do that in the eyes of most.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.