Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the first screenshot of NBA Live 15, which showcases an improved player likeness for Paul George, Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo, James Harden, Blake Griffin and Steph Curry.

Your thoughts?

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ClevelandinDistress @ 06/10/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I agree, let's see this in motion.

Although, I do think the statement regarding Live's ability to close the gap this year holds some weight.

From a gameplay/physics perspective, 2k is bordering on pathetic. I picked it up again last night at a friends house, and strictly regarding player movement/physics/gameplay, it might be one of the worst basketball games I've ever gotten my hands on. Not saying Live was any better but I really don't feel I'm exaggerating either. If Live can bring something that exudes fluidity in player movement, expands upon the dribble movements, improves off ball movement/animations and build upon presentation, I think alot of people will start looking their way.

But as we've seen, those are all big IFs at this point, so it will be interesting to see what we see in the coming weeks. Could be another year of no basketball for me.
Please tell me you're not talking about the ps4/Xbox 1 version. Worst basketball game you've ever got your hands on? Um.. yea.

# 102 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/10/14 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Please tell me you're not talking about the ps4/Xbox 1 version. Worst basketball game you've ever got your hands on? Um.. yea.
I think he was talking about in terms of physics and player movement .

# 103 nick_sr @ 06/10/14 03:38 PM
Harden, pg and Blake tho! Hopefully we can get that paul george hairstyle I'm the game.

# 104 JODYE @ 06/10/14 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I think he was talking about in terms of physics and player movement .
Not sure what he missed here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I picked it up again last night at a friends house, and strictly regarding player movement/physics/gameplay, it might be one of the worst basketball games I've ever gotten my hands on

# 105 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/10/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Not sure what he missed here...
I agree. Getting stuck in dumb animations and sliding all over the court just frustrates me .

# 106 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/10/14 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I agree. Getting stuck in dumb animations and sliding all over the court just frustrates me .
It really gets me when I care about winning like in an online game and I get a crucial turnover because I lose control. I don't get that in live and that is why I like the game so much.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 107 ifitbeginsitends @ 06/10/14 05:37 PM
I don't want to get excited over some pics anymore. I can't emotionally invest in it again but those are some great looking pics. Only gameplay can reel me in now. I wont fall for the picture scam

# 108 vpizzle28 @ 06/10/14 05:49 PM
These screens look great. Let's hope the presentation can go along with it. I want to see the ESPN license used! Can't wait for October 7th!

# 109 The 24th Letter @ 06/10/14 06:05 PM
It frustrates me when I am standing in between a driver and the basket in Live and feel completely powerless because unless I get a block, the offensive player is likely to ignore my presence all together and score because there is nothing I can do to counter it...

This is the stuff that needs to be fixed in LIVE first and foremost....and my problems with 2k dont make it any less frustrating...

# 110 nick_sr @ 06/10/14 09:33 PM
This is an edit some on Twitter made of the paul george screen. Simply amazing!

# 111 Blzer @ 06/10/14 09:49 PM
Griffin looks fantastic. They all do, but the Griffin shot is uncanny.

# 112 BezO @ 06/11/14 12:57 PM
Nice stills! The detail in the faces is spectacular.

I need to see full models. I remember Live's shorts being terrible. And the jerseys look pretty bad in these.

I haven't played Live in years though. But I'm interested in seeing some gameplay footage after seeing these.

# 113 tha_show256 @ 06/11/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
1080P Actual Hi-Res version of the shot.

Also, may have to right click and open image in new tab. Or just click the link:

http://wtferrell.ms11.net/LIVE15.jpg
With those hi-res shots I'm even more impressed...night and day from live 14 IMO.

# 114 vpizzle28 @ 06/11/14 04:56 PM
With these screenshots, NHL announcing NBC broadcasting, and Madden looking sharp, it looks like I will be buying Live this year. 2K is sticking with the VC, which is why I traded in 2K and got Live this previous season. Here's to hoping that the gameplay can be smooth.

# 115 yungflo @ 06/11/14 10:43 PM
Man I hope this games succeeds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 116 Poke @ 06/12/14 12:57 AM
Why is everyone so impressed with the spacing in live? It's unrealistic IMHO

# 117 lakers24 @ 06/12/14 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Because there is actually space on the court to do things compared to the other game. It may not be 100% accurate, but it does the best representation of proper spacing in a videogame.

# 118 ItsOrangeBaby @ 06/12/14 03:11 AM
Look good, but I can't go on the hype train until I see gameplay this time.

# 119 d23x @ 06/12/14 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
You go play 2k and see how clogged the floor is. Almost every play players are pretty much hugging one another. I pray Live improves drastically this year because I need another option in a basketball game.

# 120 The 24th Letter @ 06/12/14 07:05 AM
Live's spacing is legit from a visual standpoint.

but IMO, The lack of teamate movement, the slow, unreliable nature of passing and the defenses reaction (or lack therof) makes it feel like like it's cramped regardless.

I'm confident they will touch this up though, as a dev agreed with me when I messaged them about it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.