Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Following yesterday's deluge of Madden NFL 15 info, it's only right to follow that up with another day of extensive details on the game, including hands-on impressions from our friends over at GoodGameBro.

The first thing you will notice about the game is that, "for the first time in a long while I feel as if Madden NFL finally gives us a “full” experience on the field, something it hasn’t done in quite some time."

The defense is the star of the gameplay for sure, with noticeable improvements at every turn. The defensive line play receives high praise, as does the tackling for adding something to the defensive side of the ball that the series has been missing for quite some time.

The tackling and defensive line aren't the only things which have received treatment. The article states that the zone coverage A.I. is completely rewritten and actually works. In one anecdote about Corey's time with the game, "Seattle was incredibly tough to beat in their Cover 3, and players reacted to passes in a much more realistic manner."

A few more gems:

On adaptive A.I.: "Another solid improvement comes with a new Adaptive AI system, that helps create an environment where the CPU can start to read how you’re controlling your offense. The days of running “Strong Power” to the outside are over, as CPU opponents will pick up on repeated plays as the game moves forward. To test this, I purposely ran 4 HB screens in a row to see what would happen. The first one went for a gain of 12, the second went for a gain of 4, the third was stuffed right away for an incompletion and the fourth attempt was picked-off for a TD."

The tackle cone can be toggled on and off, with the plan to set it to off for the higher difficulties.

On QB Accuracy: "QB accuracy was completely re-written, and now ratings will play a much bigger role in just how successful a throw will be. In short, a ball can go almost anywhere now. You won’t see passes to a receiver’s numbers 100% of the time. In fact, you’ll see low passes, passes behind the target, errant throws, over-throws, bouncers and wobbly spirals."

Kick Meter: "Kick meter is much like the Tiger Woods PGA Tour swing mechanic. You still pull back and then forward, but if you aim left or right, you have to actually coordinate your stick movement in that direction, meaning a kick left to right needs a diagonal left to diagonal right press. The more severe the angle, the further you push the stick off-center."

Be sure to check out the full article on GoodGameBro for tons of other details!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 thesubmittedone @ 06/10/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
First off, its "QA" not "Q&A." But to answer your question, due to the fact that QBs would throw the ball right in the numbers of your WRs, TEs, RBs, etc when accurate it only triggered so many catch animations. By allowing the QB to throw the ball to your intended receiver in various spots surrounding his body, it opens up more catch animations.
His point remains. How is it possible that a multi-million dollar making franchise with a fairly large development team can add "100s of animations" years ago, yet allow something like QB accuracy affect triggering them?

I mean, the fact that they spent man hours, of which they're getting paid a substantial amount, adding these animations and having them essentially NEVER show up in the game because of something so basic (like QB accuracy ratings actually doing what they're supposed to) tells me there is something completely wrong with their business model.

Never mind that QB accuracy ratings have been broken for years (which is utterly ridiculous for a football game). But I just can't believe the team is that stupid to where they'd spend so much energy and resources on adding animations that will never be "triggered" because something so basic is broken in the first place. It's mind-boggling.

How DID that get by them? Weren't they excited to see the new animations they put in triggered and didn't they wonder why they kept seeing the same 10 animations over and over? Incredible.

# 22 Demoncrom @ 06/10/14 02:26 PM
Does anyone know if they got rid of the rubber banding with the CB where you run a post and you see the CB is beat, but the minute you launch the ball he catches up with super speed?

# 23 chris luva luva @ 06/10/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Honestly I can't answer that because I don't know why. I've only been a part of the QA Team since February and before that I was in the EA SPORTS Game Changers. All I can tell you is that the Pass Inaccuracy will open up more catching animations.

That's fine and all... And I'm not speaking for anyone else. But you need to chill with sarcasm and being a grammar nazi when you have nothing to offer but "because EA told me so".

**stealth edit** OOOH, you're part of the QA team... No wonder you got butt-hurt about me calling it the Q&A team. Gotcha... Either way, your former colleagues and/or their employer don't know how to do their jobs.

# 24 Official_Mole @ 06/10/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
His point remains. How is it possible that a multi-million dollar making franchise with a fairly large development team can add "100s of animations" years ago, yet allow something like QB accuracy affect triggering them?

I mean, the fact that they spent man hours, of which they're getting paid a substantial amount, adding these animations and having them essentially NEVER show up in the game because of something so basic (like QB accuracy ratings actually doing what they're supposed to) tells me there is something completely wrong with their business model.

Never mind that QB accuracy ratings have been broken for years (which is utterly ridiculous for a football game). But I just can't believe the team is that stupid to where they'd spend so much energy and resources on adding animations that will never be "triggered" because something so basic is broken in the first place. It's mind-boggling.

How DID that get by them? Weren't they excited to see the new animations they put in triggered and didn't they wonder why they kept seeing the same 10 animations over and over? Incredible.

I 100% understand the Community's thoughts on this and I too was someone who pushed the feedback that we need more of these catch animations to happen. I can't speak for the entire company, but what I can tell you is that the passing changes made for Madden 15 have opened a wider variety of catch animations that make the game fresh.

# 25 Official_Mole @ 06/10/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris luva luva
That's fine and all... And I'm not speaking for anyone else. But you need to chill with sarcasm and being a grammar nazi when you have nothing to offer but "because EA told me so".

Never going to give you sarcasm. Its all about the integrity of the post. I have made very clear through twitter and other social media sites that anything I post is my opinion, or information that can help the Community further understand the vision of Madden NFL.

I apologize if I offended you in any way.

# 26 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/10/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Honestly I can't answer that because I don't know why. I've only been a part of the QA Team since February and before that I was in the EA SPORTS Game Changers. All I can tell you is that the Pass Inaccuracy will open up more catching animations.
So in other words they didn't add any "new" catch animations, the hidden ones that didn't play out before will finally show. Gotcha....When are we going to get more of a variety in the way receivers catch the ball? Specifically body catches (see Michael Irvin)? This is long overdue. Is this even discussed by the dev team?

# 27 C the Lyte @ 06/10/14 02:35 PM
Quote:

**stealth edit** OOOH, you're part of the QA team... No wonder you got butt-hurt about me calling it the Q&A team. Gotcha... Either way, your former colleagues and/or their employer don't know how to do their jobs.

Whoa, Ludacris. where'd he get sarcastic?

# 28 chris luva luva @ 06/10/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Never going to give you sarcasm. Its all about the integrity of the post. I have made very clear through twitter and other social media sites that anything I post is my opinion, or information that can help the Community further understand the vision of Madden NFL.

I apologize if I offended you in any way.
And I apologize for overreacting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Whoa, Ludacris. where'd he get sarcastic?
I took offense to being corrected on the misuage of term QA but ignoring the overall sentiment of my post, which was correct. I do NOT mind being corrected, as I took his advice moving forward. But to just correct me, but ignore the valid discussion of the game. It didn't sit well with me. But he apologized and so did I.

# 29 Official_Mole @ 06/10/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
So in other words they didn't add any "new" catch animations, the hidden ones that didn't play out before will finally show. Gotcha....When are we going to get more of a variety in the way receivers catch the ball? Specifically body catches (see Michael Irvin)? This is long overdue. Is this even discussed by the dev team?

Unfortunately I can't go into detail about Dev Team discussions. However, you will see all sorts of animations you've never seen before and it really creates a better experience when going up for a catch. As far as the type of catch or "variety in the way WRs catch the ball," that is not something I can discuss either. I apologize.

# 30 Official_Mole @ 06/10/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
And I apologize for overreacting.
Not a problem man. I'll be around more to collect feedback from the community and make sure to pass it on to the Dev Team.

# 31 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/10/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't go into detail about Dev Team discussions. However, you will see all sorts of animations you've never seen before and it really creates a better experience when going up for a catch. As far as the type of catch or "variety in the way WRs catch the ball," that is not something I can discuss either. I apologize.
No worries. Thanks for the response & being open to questions.

# 32 l8knight1 @ 06/10/14 02:46 PM
Like the article or not, (I do) it's the most comprehensive info to date on game play. I will take any and all new information.

Here's my only finger in the pudding at the moment. I have been under the impression that we've been playing with an adaptive AI for a long time. I have rarely called more than two passes or runs in a row against CPU with the assumption that AI was adaptive for CPU D for as long as I can remember. When was it turned off? Now why are they saying they are turning it back on? The old come-back offense AI seems to have been cut back some time ago as well. What happens to it with regards to 'adaptive AI'?

# 33 chris luva luva @ 06/10/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Not a problem man. I'll be around more to collect feedback from the community and make sure to pass it on to the Dev Team.
Well look. If you could do me one favor. I've been on these forums for years, lurking. I post every so often and have never had the ear of someone "in-the-know" to any degree before. If you could just pass this general sentiment to the dev team for me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I think deep-down that the individuals working this game want to do well. And I feel as though they're being ham-strung by things outside of their control. But if they could just get someone in their leadership chain to agree on rebuilding this game from the foundation up on the back-burner, it'd allow all the hard work being poured into this game to be realized. Their process of layering new "features" on top of broken features does not work, it's evident... We're just now getting a feature that was sold to us in 2013 because they stuck it on top of a broken system. I've been playing Madden since the Genesis, I love football and I love what Madden used to be and that was the best. Being the only option doesn't make you the best by default.

# 34 chris luva luva @ 06/10/14 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Like the article or not, (I do) it's the most comprehensive info to date on game play. I will take any and all new information.
It's not about liking the article. It was well written, I like the article in that regard. Check my post a page or two ago, I linked to a similar preview written in 2013 and how the biggest selling point never came to fruition. A selling point that the author said he experienced in his write-up. So can we really believe what we're being told here? I'd like to hope so.

# 35 l8knight1 @ 06/10/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
It's not about liking the article. It was well written, I like the article in that regard. Check my post a page or two ago, I linked to a similar preview written in 2013 and how the biggest selling point never came to fruition. A selling point that the author said he experienced in his write-up. So can we really believe what we're being told here? I'd like to hope so.
I remember and am re-reading the 2013 article now, which so far, is also open to interpretation like this 15 article. What he saw as '60 animations' isn't really defined, as in defined as catch animations, tackle, etc. You do make a good point. Looking forward to some hands-on video if any quality ones ever surface.

# 36 N51_rob @ 06/10/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
I 100% understand the Community's thoughts on this and I too was someone who pushed the feedback that we need more of these catch animations to happen. I can't speak for the entire company, but what I can tell you is that the passing changes made for Madden 15 have opened a wider variety of catch animations that make the game fresh.
The problem that has always seemed to exist within Madden and NCAA is that the version of the game where all that glitters is gold is rarely the version that goes gold.

There have been numerous times where Devs, and GCers tell us how awesome something is, show us pretty videos then we get the game in our hands and it's nothing like that.

It's happened way too often.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 37 Only1LT @ 06/10/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The problem that has always seemed to exist within Madden and NCAA is that the version of the game where all that glitters is gold is rarely the version that goes gold.

There have been numerous times where Devs, and GCers tell us how awesome something is, show us pretty videos then we get the game in our hands and it's nothing like that.

It's happened way too often.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have to be that guy. Can we be 100% certain that that Utopian build ever really existed?

# 38 Demoncrom @ 06/10/14 03:57 PM
Have they fixed the rubber banding and match speed on dbs this time? Because its pretty ridiculous when all of sudden every db is Sherman and can cover every wide out one on one. Also the predetermined outcomes vs the AI. I've noticed this every year when you have a great team and roll through the league and then one game comes up where all of sudden nothing you do works and regardless of the other teams record or or stats you are destined to lose. Restart the game and the same result occurs. It only happens in the franchise mode and my coding background says hmmmm, seems like the outcome has been set before the game started.

Have the gone back to the stat screen and changed it so that its more like NCAA so you can see how that teams dbs match up vs the pass ,etc as opposed to giving an arbitrary rating for the entire team that does not help the user understand the weakness vs the strengths to better game plan.

# 39 Only1LT @ 06/10/14 04:07 PM
Based off of this preview, Madden 15 is a definite buy... if I could be certain it was accurate info. Sadly, I don't think it is. At least not to the extent that I believe I would walk away with the same opinion as the writer of the preview. I seriously doubt it.

First, I've heard the "Adaptive AI is in the game" marketing TOO MANY TIMES to even give it the slightest shred of credence. The same is true of the claims that you can't run Comebacks anymore. If I only had a dollar...

Where the preview went off the rails for me was when he said that the animations are vastly improved. I understand that he was talking mainly about Post Play animations, which could look much better (how could they not?) but he also says that during the play that animations have been greatly improved and look realistic. The animations look the same. Unless he is playing some other build that has nothing in common with the trailers that have been shown, they look the same. If there is some other build where they are actually improved, heaven only knows why they aren't showing that one.

Very exciting additions. I only wish I could believe them.

# 40 dat boi Q @ 06/10/14 04:16 PM
Man madden drained a lot of huh. Every wants the game to be good but just can't shake that feeling in your gut that says this game will not be executed right.
Everything sounds good but how many times we were told about improvements then found out that they were poorly developed or not flushed out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.