Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

During a recent video interview hosted by Adam Rank of NFL Fan Pass and Madden NFL 15 Senior Producer, Seann Graddy it was revealed that Peyton Manning will indeed have his "Omaha" cadence in the game.

The video also includes quick interviews with Creative Director, Rex Dickson and Presentation Director, Brian Murray as well as a few brief glimpses of off-camera gameplay footage.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 NDAlum @ 06/17/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Some of us want him to PLAY like one of the biggest icons in the history of sports, not sound like him.

-They could've fixed his drop back
-They could've added signature animations
-They could've re-tiered the playbook so he can call the plays he does irl
-They could've fixed the timing of the routes & drops
-They could've added real time route progression / head tracking
-They could've added clutch ratings

But instead, we get "Omaha! Omaha!". Sweet!
Name a SINGLE person on this forum who would disagree with you and this list?

WE ALL WANT THIS

I'm just tired of the petty stuff I see going on here when EA adds something to the immersion of the game. The importance is clearly debatable.

It's the same people too

# 42 wordtobigbird @ 06/17/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Name a SINGLE person on this forum who would disagree with you and this list?

WE ALL WANT THIS

I'm just tired of the petty stuff I see going on here when EA adds something to the immersion of the game. The importance is clearly debatable.

It's the same people too
I'm with you.. like we ALL wish they would 100% revamp the animations. We all know some stick out like a sore thumb. To mention it in every single time you see a video of Madden is just OD. But maybe i'm just a positive person.

# 43 gr18 @ 06/17/14 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Did they add a choke in the playoffs trait inspired by him as well?
EA's saving that for their NHL game for Sidney Crosby.

You know you set yourself up for that one with your Penguins avatar.

# 44 NDAlum @ 06/18/14 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I guess it is difficult to see EA nail it every year with FIFA and almost every year with NHL, but when it comes to Madden a lot of the hardcore sim audience is left going .
I'm with you man. I want botched snaps, heavy rain/snow/wind games meaning you can't really pass, and everything else that's part of the game that would take some control out of the users hand.

It absolutely sucks there is a tourney crowd out there that wants every pass on the money, nothing outside of their control, and to have a button mashing AI exploiting checkers match.

I could name many things I hate in the game and detest they continue to implement these things and cater to a crowd that doesn't involve me.

However it does me no good and I can see why they do it. It doesn't matter how much I disagree with it.

# 45 jyoung @ 07/08/14 07:35 PM
Today I was playing NFL 2K2 on the SEGA Dreamcast.

It was Lions vs. Packers, inside the Silver Dome.

The Packers and star quarterback Brett Favre are facing third and long, and while Favre is under center, going through his snap count, one of the Lions' defensive linemen yells out, "I'm coming for you, Brett, I'm coming for you!"

The Packers' center loses his leverage and gets beat at the snap, with the pass rusher coming right into Favre's face. Seeing the pressure, CPU Favre fades back and throws quickly off his back foot, but the wide receiver he's targeting is running an out route, and hasn't started his break yet, so the ball sails harmlessly out of bounds. Favre throws his hands in the air, shakes his head, and walks towards the sideline. The game then switches to a celebratory shot of the Lions' defense, jumping off the field in jubilation.

Yes, it was a generic voice actor barking out that pre-snap taunt, but honestly, I couldn't tell you what Robert Porcher or Luther Elliss sounded like in real life.

All I know is that cool moment came from a 13-year-old game, that was the third release from a relatively new development team, on a system less powerful than the PlayStation 2.

# 46 Gman 18 @ 07/08/14 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

The Packers and star quarterback Brett Favre are facing third and long, and while Favre is under center, going through his snap count, one of the Lions' defensive linemen yells out, "I'm coming for you, Brett, I'm coming for you!"

The Packers' center loses his leverage and gets beat at the snap, with the pass rusher coming right into Favre's face. Seeing the pressure, CPU Favre fades back and throws quickly off his back foot, but the wide receiver he's targeting is running an out route, and hasn't started his break yet, so the ball sails harmlessly out of bounds. Favre throws his hands in the air, shakes his head, and walks towards the sideline. The game then switches to a celebratory shot of the Lions' defense, jumping off the field in jubilation.

Yes, it was a generic voice actor barking out that pre-snap taunt, but honestly, I couldn't tell you what Robert Porcher or Luther Elliss sounded like in real life.

All I know is that cool moment came from a 13-year-old game, that was the third release from a relatively new development team, on a system less powerful than the PlayStation 2.

Things like this really create an immersive experience and make you feel like you are playing an actual Nfl game and witnessing the actual atmosphere of the Nfl instead of it feeling like an arcade game that gets stale real fast. Little things like this really go a long way and increase the realism of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 47 The JareBear @ 07/08/14 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Today I was playing NFL 2K2 on the SEGA Dreamcast.

It was Lions vs. Packers, inside the Silver Dome.

Nice post man, I played the Dreamcast 2k football games to death, TO DEATH. Good times

# 48 Smoke6 @ 07/09/14 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
So what I'm getting is that people pick and choose what they want in the game.

Something in the game which reflects true to life NFL they don't want = don't want it you suck EA

Something not in the game they want = EA Sports, if it's in the game it's NOT in the game

They put in a small detail to the game, I'm happy about it. Would I rather have some other stuff? Of course. But to be a "pick and choose" critic...jeez.
No, its the fact imo that EA comes off as if this took months of resources and dev time to implement and they took the WHOLE dev team to record audio thus leaving out things in this game to help it be more authentic.

On top of that, this dripping of info is getting realy tiresome, we all know nothing else is coming out NFL wise to compete with madden. Game comes out in a month and all we get is 1 QBs cadence and nothing on authentic presentation with highlights and replays from the days games and a league tracker for llayoff teams and those in the hunt. Oh lets not forget about gameplay issues, this should have been upfront and out of the way to ease peoples minds akd give us some type of assurance.

# 49 JHTJ @ 07/09/14 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Exactly, we all know that many areas of gameplay need to be fixed but it is mind numbing how some ppl complain about everything added to the game that is not directly related to gameplay or franchise mode. This isn't exactly "ground breaking news" but it is something that will add realism to one of the biggest icons in the history of the sport.
Who will be in the game for 2 seasons before he retires. That's not exactly the type of return on investment Die hard fans are looking for. This is yet another feature appealing to the casual gamer. I'm not going to complain about this feature at all, I will say that "with the areas of gameplay needing fixed" this really does nothing but highlight the current shortcomings. Remember CCM makes or breaks this franchise for the majority of Maddens repeat clients, and we've received nothing to date on CCM. Anxiety is high my friend, and justifiably so.

# 50 Darth Aegis @ 07/10/14 10:51 PM
Its funny how he talks about the new passing for QB's in the game, but ever pass shown is perfect and on the money, I'm yet to see in any videos with a bad pass. Something smells fishy again. And he said the tackling animations have been re-done. Almost fell threw the floor laughing

# 51 Smoke6 @ 07/11/14 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Its funny how he talks about the new passing for QB's in the game, but ever pass shown is perfect and on the money, I'm yet to see in any videos with a bad pass. Something smells fishy again. And he said the tackling animations have been re-done. Almost fell threw the floor laughing
I remember the days they use to put effort into signature style of players in the game and u actually felt as if your were playing as them. Whats so different now days that effort is no lo ger useful.

# 52 K_GUN @ 07/11/14 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I remember the days they use to put effort into signature style of players in the game and u actually felt as if your were playing as them. Whats so different now days that effort is no lo ger useful.

while it was nice to see the sig throwing styles...it absolutely blew that the throw would get swatted down by a MLB with his back to the QB

# 53 friscob @ 07/11/14 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
The interviews in that other game get repetitive, so I'm fine without it.
It was an impressive feature when i first saw it.... but i skip it every time. Gameplay over everything.

# 54 juduking @ 07/11/14 10:50 AM
That's cool for the play now and online match guys, but in Franchise mode he will retire after the first year and we will never hear it again.

# 55 SiNsinNatti @ 07/16/14 04:29 AM
I hope Eli says this as well, I think Eli was saying this before Peyton I have heard him say Omaha since like '06.

# 56 TTD71 @ 07/16/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Did they add a choke in the playoffs trait inspired by him as well?
I doubt that...they won't even put bad snaps into the game because too many people think random real-world occurrences would make the game "no fun"...

I remember after the Saints won the SB that EA immediately fell all over themselves to install "surprise" onside kicks, cause, you know, what could possibly go wrong with that...of that's right, "surprise" meant once EVERY GAME...

Then there was the David Tyree catch....had to get that into the game cause #crazy catch...and of course it happened in almost EVERY GAME...

So now, after the memorable play from the last Super Bowl was actually the center firing the ball over Manning's head to start the blow out, instead of getting THAT as a gameplay enhancement or tweak (how about tying the odds of a bad snap to the number of times per game a player audibles or calls hot routes - which is what Manning was doing when that ball was snapped) we are going to get worthless "realism" in the form a a single word in Peyton Manning's own voice...

This is an admittedly small issue - but its one that EA has a history of doing...play with the Colts and make a few line calls, you'll be sick to death of the Andrew Luck cadence inside of 2 games. So now it will be Peyton Manning, whose real voice was already in M25, and his obnoxious "Omaha, Omaha!!" calls for M15?

SMH, at least I know not to expect anything at all from Madden, which generally means while the game remains nearly the same at its core level forever, my disappointment actually goes DOWN each year because when you expect nothing and get a little more than nothing it seems like something...

# 57 michiganfan8620 @ 07/24/14 02:44 PM
What's funny is they tout this as a new feature, but it's likely been in the game for years but people haven't noticed. I know Omaha is definitely in the NCAA 14 cadences, and it probably has been in for 5 years.

# 58 csamuelsvt @ 08/24/14 11:05 AM
Can anyone confirm this is in? I played the access game and was Peyton and never heard him say this once.

Not make it in?

# 59 N51_rob @ 09/05/14 01:43 PM
Its not in, Clint said on twitter it was cut.

# 60 Serpent_Ov_Old @ 09/15/14 12:40 AM
I've noticed that with Peyton Manning in CFM, his career stats do not match the CFM NFL records. NFL records list Manning behind Favre with 491 TDs which is true to life. However if you browse INDIVIDUAL career stats in the stats hub, His total is only 439 (?) When you begin the first regular season game, The CFM career total drops to 439 and he is again below Dan Marino in TDs once again . I have addressed this issue to EA and have no response, So much for the NFL authenticity considering EA has the exclusive NFL license. I was about 5 games in my CFM when I noticed this glitch and it will be tragic if Manning's breaking of Favre's record this year will not be shared in this year's installment of "DAT MATTEN". I would encourage any who see this issue to please contact EA about this. I have already twice (Twitter, Facebook) and the response I was given was that people buy the game to play it, not look at stats (!) CFM can be an invaluable Fantasy Football tool and guide however if EA is overlooking Manning's massive career numbers I ask my self what other statistical inconsistencies may be present in Madden 15.

Cheers and Thanks
Simone @ PSN: Serpent_Ov_Old

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.