Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC arrives today, some have downloaded the game already for the PlayStation 4. While we have plenty of early impressions from users that found the game early, we wanted to open up a new topic for everyone.

Play a few matches, play around in the modes, then let us know what you think.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 41 cake612 @ 06/17/14 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Giddyup. Not that im a good player but I love ground and pounding spammers. Is it true you can't see who your opponent picked in ranked. I assume if I play ww lw or fw its 90% Bruce Lee?
Unfortunately no you can't see who your opponent picks, yes I have seen Bruce Lee 3 times out of about 11 fights so far.

# 42 SwedishTouch76 @ 06/17/14 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Turn the Hud off. I think you guys are paying too much attention to the hud and its making stamina seem like a bigger issue than it is. I wish there was more permanent stamina but I've seen fighters like Hunt and Glover gas on accelerated clock. Using movement and making the CPU miss punches also has a effect on the CPU's stamina.

Turning off the Hud also increases the difficulty because you are forced to use visual cues like slower punches and movement to determine if you are dropping in stamina.
I assume the hud stays on in ranked?

# 43 DaveDQ @ 06/17/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
I assume the hud stays on in ranked?

I should fave specified for online. Turning the HUD off will increase the challenge, and my strategy is to throw less and dodge/parry.

I still want to see though a long term drain in stamina that would force someone to think twice about throwing so any strikes in a fight.

# 44 aholbert32 @ 06/17/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I should fave specified for online. Turning the HUD off will increase the challenge, and my strategy is to throw less and dodge/parry.

I still want to see though a long term drain in stamina that would force someone to think twice about throwing so any strikes in a fight.
I get you. I completely agree about online.

# 45 The JareBear @ 06/17/14 03:50 PM
Turning HUD off is pretty awesome IMO. Only way I can play it now

# 46 LingeringRegime @ 06/17/14 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Play on real 5 min rds then tell me stamina doesn't SEVERLY impact sweeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What difficulty you play on man? Sorry I didn't catch it earlier.

# 47 LingeringRegime @ 06/17/14 04:00 PM
The HUD must be off. I turn mine off for all combat sports game. Which is why I never play online. A no HUD mode would bring real fans of the sport together. It would be nice if the UFC Gameplay Dev could speak on the possibilities of implementing something like that.

# 48 DBMcGee3 @ 06/17/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy
Have not went online yet but can tell you the roster is abysmal. I really cant think of too many intriguing matches and am gonna spend the rest of the day making cafs. I need someone for chuck to fight so im making randy and tito first.
Aren't there 60+ fighters in the game? I can work with that, no need to bring back any dinosaurs like Ortiz or Couture.

# 49 Menace8 @ 06/17/14 04:04 PM
Are movesets the same for each fighting style or are they different?
That's my main concern before I purchase the game or not.

# 50 ManiacMatt1782 @ 06/17/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Play on real 5 min rds then tell me stamina doesn't SEVERLY impact sweeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was victim of the first form of cheese, I got ptu up against the cage but their stamina was wiped. I kept bocking knees, but I could not transition out afterward. I was stuck with my back to the cage unable to move, Because they would just keep spamming body knees, the would come before the transition could even start. I was willing to eat a knee to move, and still no go. could not transition away from bruce lee knees with Rory. Dude was completely gassed, but I could not do anything as my transitions would not register.

Stamina does need working, also I think there should be a delay before you can attempt another transition on the ground if you are gassed, People are spamming transitions even while gassed to not take damage, even if they are blocked they don't care spam another one and you can't get hit. These 2 exploits could RUIN online play.

# 51 ZB9 @ 06/17/14 04:09 PM
It's my first time playing an MMA game and it's going to take me a while to get used to the complicated controls. It seems like a great game though and I can see myself playing this a lot.

# 52 aholbert32 @ 06/17/14 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace8
Are movesets the same for each fighting style or are they different?
That's my main concern before I purchase the game or not.
Every move is available for every CAF so its not governed by the fighting style.

Every licensed fighter has a different moveset but thats limited because there are so few moves in the game.

# 53 ManiacMatt1782 @ 06/17/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
u get the win still?
nope, I have had 4 people quit on me after they couldnt just click the left stick to get up and I held them down. didn't get the wins for them.

# 54 vpizzle28 @ 06/17/14 04:17 PM
I picked up the game this AM before work. Can't wait to get home and spend 6+ hours on the game. No wife and kid this week as I am out of town on business. So, how is the Online treating everyone?

I think I will spend the first hour going through the tutorials again. Then play a couple fight now's, then hop online. CAN NOT WAIT!

# 55 LingeringRegime @ 06/17/14 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
nope, I have had 4 people quit on me after they couldnt just click the left stick to get up and I held them down. didn't get the wins for them.

Damn that sucks.

# 56 EarvGotti @ 06/17/14 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpizzle28
I picked up the game this AM before work. Can't wait to get home and spend 6+ hours on the game. No wife and kid this week as I am out of town on business. So, how is the Online treating everyone?

I think I will spend the first hour going through the tutorials again. Then play a couple fight now's, then hop online. CAN NOT WAIT!
Online is fun so far. But very easy. Lots of noobs online so they just spam strikes and have no real MMA knowledge. I'm currently 16-2 with those 2 losses coming from flash KO.

# 57 Greene_Flash03 @ 06/17/14 04:27 PM
I didn't have major issues in the demo other than CPU aggressiveness. Now, can someone tell me if the AI in retail is overly-aggressive as the demo? Thanks in advance.

# 58 aholbert32 @ 06/17/14 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
I didn't have major issues in the demo other than CPU aggressiveness. Now, can someone tell me if the AI in retail is overly-aggressive as the demo? Thanks in advance.
Yes but not as bad. On the demo, its about a 10. In the retail game its a 7-8 depending on the fighter.

# 59 Greene_Flash03 @ 06/17/14 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes but not as bad. On the demo, its about a 10. In the retail game its a 7-8 depending on the fighter.
Thank you Sir!

# 60 Hiro1 @ 06/17/14 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Turning HUD off is pretty awesome IMO. Only way I can play it now
I wish there was a way I could just turn off my opponents' HUD. I wouldn't turn mine off because I shouldn't have to look for visual clues to know how bad my fighter is hurt.

As far as online competition just keep winning, you'll eventually run into guys more on your level and higher. Lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.