Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC arrives today, some have downloaded the game already for the PlayStation 4. While we have plenty of early impressions from users that found the game early, we wanted to open up a new topic for everyone.

Play a few matches, play around in the modes, then let us know what you think.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 141 cdk10 @ 06/18/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Just to play devil's advocate here but I have seen Maia go into some fights in real life mindlessly standing with his opponent without attempting a takedown so that can't be an absolute statement.

Although it doesn't appear that MMAi is as advanced or effective as EA would have had you believe.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
While that may be true, who was the opponent? Elite level striker like Lawler? Probably not. And that doesn't explain why, in the game, I've seen him in top position on the ground get back to his feet to strike.

# 142 Drakar @ 06/18/14 02:36 PM
I think its pretty clear by the amount of video that try to explain basic of MMA fight that this game was marketed for the masses or the neophyte of MMA. It does have some sim element but its mostly arcade. Its kinda fun actually but don't look for this game as a SIM style MMA game. It is not.

# 143 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/18/14 02:40 PM
I'm dropping down to Hard. The CPU spam transitions and reversals too much on Pro to the point you can't have a good ground battle.

# 144 vpizzle28 @ 06/18/14 02:43 PM
I played online against randoms and against my friend. I went 11-8 online in ranked matches. Those matches seemed more arcade. It was like I knew what MMA was, but they were playing it as a button masher. Most of my losses were do to me being stupid and getting flash KO'ed.

now, against my friend, these matches seemed very SIM. He watched MMA as much as I do. I would recommend to play against fellow OS users or friends if you want SIM.

# 145 aholbert32 @ 06/18/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I see your point, but that's not at all how it pans out. Not even close.

He succeeded in one takedown at :45 of the first round. I stood up..,, ENDLESS flurry of strikes which I just dogged, parried and swayed out if the way of for the rest of the fight.

With your quote from EA about MMAi he should have changed game plans? Right?

Sorry. MMAi is a rather worthless feature as a whole and clearly doesn't work. Not even close. If anything it is just the inconsistent AI and difficulty that actually controls CPU fighter behavior and there is nothing else behind it.

Any word from EA about it? Or the lack of MMAi? NO. and I don't think there will be.

Why? Because it's NOT IN THE GAME.

That's my feeling after running through career mode, using every difficulty level, fighting EVERY fighter in FIGHT NOW who is not know to stand up and using both time settings real/accelerated.

every fighter moves, strikes, kicks, takedowns, transitions and reverses THE SAME.

I apologize if I sound like a D. but I saw all this coming honestly. When EA was announced, I said...

" watch... They will copy and paste EA MMA with great visuals, but oddly will have less and I'm sure a big marketing pitch for a feature will either not work or not even be in the game." Me... The day EA announced it was making this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just not seeing what you are seeing. I'll give you an example. I ran a card last night:

Saffedine (CPU) v. Ellenberger - Saffedine used a kick based attack the entire first round which is realistic because he's primarily a striker. I used movement and punches to hurt him in the first. 2nd round he's changes course and tries to clinch me. That is somewhat successful and he uses that approach the rest of the fight.

Big Nog (CPU) v. Hunt - Nog stands with me the entire first round (not attempting one takedown) but changes course in the second and third. Takes me down in the third and submits me with a Kimura.

I'm seeing the game plan changes from the CPU.

# 146 The JareBear @ 06/18/14 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm just not seeing what you are seeing. I'll give you an example. I ran a card last night:

Saffedine (CPU) v. Ellenberger - Saffedine used a kick based attack the entire first round which is realistic because he's primarily a striker. I used movement and punches to hurt him in the first. 2nd round he's changes course and tries to clinch me. That is somewhat successful and he uses that approach the rest of the fight.

Big Nog (CPU) v. Hunt - Nog stands with me the entire first round (not attempting one takedown) but changes course in the second and third. Takes me down in the third and submits me with a Kimura.

I'm seeing the game plan changes from the CPU.
My personal experience is more akin to what Saint401 has described, though I have seen a little bit of what you described here, just nowhere near enough of it and not anywhere near as true to life as I would like. I think this "feature" has quite a long way to go. At least for me, in my opinion of course.

I play on Hard, not sure if that affects it or not.

# 147 woody2goody @ 06/18/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
While that may be true, who was the opponent? Elite level striker like Lawler? Probably not. And that doesn't explain why, in the game, I've seen him in top position on the ground get back to his feet to strike.
It was McDonald or Shields. Me and my friends were screaming at him to take the guy down but he just kept standing and lost the fight.

# 148 reptilexcq @ 06/18/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
You wanna understand why you lost?

You let it go to the judges.....
So what is your point. You don't make sense.

# 149 reptilexcq @ 06/18/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I love it. Some guy using Bruce Lee online is annoyed his opponent wont stand with him. Cant imagine why. ...
Did i say i am annoyed? I only here to talk about the judges in the game.
It's not just me, read this thread

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#33009436

# 150 bwiggy33 @ 06/18/14 03:17 PM
Is there no way to change the difficulty and clock speed in Career Mode? I've looked in the settings and never found it. The only options are for sound, visual, etc. I've been facing the CPU and have not gone more than 2:30 in any fight and that includes my early Ultimate Fighter matches. I'm using real time and I was going to switch to accelerated to try that out. I'm also on Normal difficulty and find the CPU just opens themselves up too much to be hit, grant it it's against 60-68 OVR fighters.

# 151 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 06/18/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Is there no way to change the difficulty and clock speed in Career Mode? I've looked in the settings and never found it. The only options are for sound, visual, etc. I've been facing the CPU and have not gone more than 2:30 in any fight and that includes my early Ultimate Fighter matches. I'm using real time and I was going to switch to accelerated to try that out. I'm also on Normal difficulty and find the CPU just opens themselves up too much to be hit, grant it it's against 60-68 OVR fighters.
if i remember correctly you have to change it before you start the career. once in it you cant change it. i could be mistaken

# 152 EarvGotti @ 06/18/14 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
So what is your point. You don't make sense.
Finish the fight instead of letting it go to decision. Do you watch MMA man? Dana White says it all the time, "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges." You can never have an excuse if you lose by decision.

# 153 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/18/14 03:31 PM
Ok yeah I'm done with randoms. Bunch of quitting SOBs.

# 154 woody2goody @ 06/18/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ok yeah I'm done with randoms. Bunch of quitting SOBs.
Honestly though, what were they thinking not punishing quitters?

THQ admitted it almost ruined UFC 2009 so they patched it so people couldn't do it and guess what - they couldn't.

That should be the first priority in online play.

# 155 vpizzle28 @ 06/18/14 03:40 PM
I must also say that last night, I had ZERO quitters. Does it get worse as you move up? I'm on the third belt right now.

# 156 unBEARable @ 06/18/14 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
That should be the first priority in online play.
Shouldn't have been a priority, should have just been standard.

The whole game seems rushed. They saw the options for offline play in UFC3 and yet none are in the game, not even an Event mode, which is already in Career mode is it not?

The game is just lacking. Not worth full price.

# 157 bwiggy33 @ 06/18/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
if i remember correctly you have to change it before you start the career. once in it you cant change it. i could be mistaken
Ya I remember it prompting me to set that stuff. I figured I'd start on easier difficulty and then be able to change it while in that mode as I get better at the game. That's a pretty bad design flaw if you have to restart a Career mode just to change difficulty or time. I don't remember the last time I played a game that didn't allow you to change difficulty while in a game mode. That's extremely aggravating especially because you can only do Play Now fights for so long before you get a bit bored. I guess I'll just have to restart.

# 158 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/18/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
All in all the ground game becomes a back and forth sweep fest. Sure I can defend 6 or 7 attempts and let them burn out their stamina but they can continue to spam transitions where you are locked out of doing anything other than blocking the pass, eventually the ref will come in and stand you up.
I acknowledge all the points you made and will take that feedback to the designers for sure.

I'd like to respond to this point in particular though.

Once you successfully block a sweep, you are supposed to get priority on initiating the next move. I don't know for sure if that applies to posturing up, it sounds like you're saying it doesn't and that may be a bug, but you should have first shot at initiating a transition, getup or submission if you queue up your request after successfully blocking your opponents attempt. It's not a window where your opponent is locked out from attempting after the move completes, but you get priority if you both queue up an attempt while the move completes.

Hope that makes sense.

# 159 vpizzle28 @ 06/18/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I acknowledge all the points you made and will take that feedback to the designers for sure.

Once you successfully block a sweep, you are supposed to get priority on initiating the next move. I don't know for sure if that applies to posturing up, it sounds like you're saying it doesn't and that may be a bug, but you should have first shot at initiating a transition, getup or submission if you queue up your request after successfully blocking your opponents attempt. It's not a window where your opponent is locked out from attempting after the move completes, but you get priority if you both queue up an attempt while the move completes.

Hope that makes sense.
Speaking of posturing up, I can get to the full mount, how do you posture up?

# 160 reptilexcq @ 06/18/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Hope that makes sense.
I noticed the ref stand up too early. There are times i was in control of the guy underneath and methodically try to do something about him and then the ref stand up....and i was like what the hell. Need a fix here.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.