Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC arrives today, some have downloaded the game already for the PlayStation 4. While we have plenty of early impressions from users that found the game early, we wanted to open up a new topic for everyone.

Play a few matches, play around in the modes, then let us know what you think.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 161 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/18/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpizzle28
Speaking of posturing up, I can get to the full mount, how do you posture up?
You posture up by pressing up on the left stick, but you need enough stamina to do it.

You can get to mount by transitioning there from either half guard, side control, back mount, some submission breaks I imagine, a standing strike when your opponent is knocked down when you are past his guard, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

# 162 Drakar @ 06/18/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You posture up by pressing up on the left stick, but you need enough stamina to do it.

You can get to mount by transitioning there from either half guard, side control, back mount, some submission breaks I imagine, a standing strike when your opponent is knocked down when you are past his guard, and probably something else I'm forgetting.
I really hope you stick around. Not only educating us but also taking feedback to the team. I think with a few tweaks with risk/rewards like takedown and mod strike, it can really make the game more enjoyable offline and online.

# 163 vpizzle28 @ 06/18/14 04:12 PM
Quote:

Thank you. I will try it out when I get home.

# 164 DaveDQ @ 06/18/14 04:38 PM
I'm enjoying going through the challenges and making sure I get a black belt in each set. It walks you through what they were after with the design of the game. If anything, it taught me to slow down and properly time things. Just a great way to learn the game.

I am an online fan, so certain things need to be in place for me. I keep preaching stamina and feel the best way to address it is to do away with accelerated clock and heighten stamina drain on all accounts.

The other part of online that is surprising is how ranked matches are set up. You can't see who they choose or their history. With FNC, if I got a guy with a 35% DNF, I knew what to expect and could make a choice. With this scenario you are in the dark.

# 165 Phobia @ 06/18/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
I acknowledge all the points you made and will take that feedback to the designers for sure.

I'd like to respond to this point in particular though.

Once you successfully block a sweep, you are supposed to get priority on initiating the next move. I don't know for sure if that applies to posturing up, it sounds like you're saying it doesn't and that may be a bug, but you should have first shot at initiating a transition, getup or submission if you queue up your request after successfully blocking your opponents attempt. It's not a window where your opponent is locked out from attempting after the move completes, but you get priority if you both queue up an attempt while the move completes.

Hope that makes sense.
Yea that is exactly what I'm saying. I see the transition, sub, and get up window you mention after you block a transition attempt. I use this regularly to get up from transition spammers.

The issue lies with the striking on the ground. I have not noticed any "priority" allotted to the blocker of the transition when it comes to posturing up.

For instance lets use a example to clarify it better.

I'm on top in full mount
Guy on bottom just repeatedly keeps spamming L3 to get up.
I continue to block attempt after attempt with R2+RS Down
Eventually he burns all his stamina out while mine is still full.

Here is where the issues come in.
I can transition OUT of full mount after a block but that would be stupid.
If I try and stay in full mount the continue of spamming transitions means the ref will come in and stand the fight up, yet again stupid!!
Lastly, if I block a transition or get up attempt, then hold LS up to posture up. By the time my guy makes it to the sitting up position, he is able to spam yet another get up attempt. Now I'm in a position unlikely to block the attempt or land a strike. Then the get up attempt passes as a success and he gets up.

This is a constant issue with all ground positions, plus add couple more when you throw in sweeps.

A huge issue I see online against randoms is the ref issue. They will literally spam transition attempt after transition attempt. Back to back, back to back, back to back, back to back, back to.......ref comes in and stands fight. Rinse and repeat if you decide to take them down again. They want the fight standing and this is a exploit to get it. No matter how many blocks you do, or transitions you complete instead, it becomes fruitless to try and strike on the ground (only light strikes). So you can rule out posturing up, the transition speed is to fast.

# 166 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/18/14 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea that is exactly what I'm saying. I see the transition, sub, and get up window you mention after you block a transition attempt. I use this regularly to get up from transition spammers.

The issue lies with the striking on the ground. I have not noticed any "priority" allotted to the blocker of the transition when it comes to posturing up.

For instance lets use a example to clarify it better.

I'm on top in full mount
Guy on bottom just repeatedly keeps spamming L3 to get up.
I continue to block attempt after attempt with R2+RS Down
Eventually he burns all his stamina out while mine is still full.

Here is where the issues come in.
I can transition OUT of full mount after a block but that would be stupid.
If I try and stay in full mount the continue of spamming transitions means the ref will come in and stand the fight up, yet again stupid!!
Lastly, if I block a transition or get up attempt, then hold LS up to posture up. By the time my guy makes it to the sitting up position, he is able to spam another get up attempt. Now I'm in a position unlikely to block the attempt or land a strike. Then the get up attempt passes as a success and he gets up.

This is a constant issue with all ground positions, plus add couple more when you throw in sweeps.
OK thanks for clarifying. I'll look into it some more when I get a chance. No promises though.

# 167 reptilexcq @ 06/18/14 04:50 PM
Developer needs to read this thread if you want to improve the game:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10115493.page

# 168 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/18/14 04:56 PM
Quote:
OK thanks for clarifying. I'll look into it some more when I get a chance. No promises though.
Sorry, one more point of clarification.

Do you find it's just the getup that interrupts your gnp consistently in this situation, or regular transitions as well?

If you're postured up and throwing strikes, the bottom guy would have to block a strike before attempting a transition which should give you ample time to block his transition attempt in turn.

Are you finding that to be the case, but not for the get ups, or not at all?

# 169 cdk10 @ 06/18/14 04:58 PM
Can anyone clarify scoring...

Just had a fight with Chael and Rogan was talking about how I needed a knockout to win because I was down on the scorecards.

Here are the fight totals:

photo BqcNDJAIgAAAfpJ.jpg

WTF??

# 170 Phobia @ 06/18/14 04:59 PM
Quote:
Sorry, one more point of clarification.

Do you find it's just the getup that interrupts your gnp consistently in this situation, or regular transitions as well?

If you're postured up and throwing strikes, the bottom guy would have to block a strike before attempting a transition which should give you ample time to block his transition attempt in turn.

Are you finding that to be the case, but not for the get ups, or not at all?
I'm not positive but will double check tonight. I pretty certain it is just the get up, because I'm pretty sure transitions are interrupted when a strike lands.

# 171 EarvGotti @ 06/18/14 04:59 PM
GameplayDevUFC,

You guys need to address the Power Takedowns issue. In the game menu, it says that Power takedowns are easier to defend than regular takedowns but this is not true.

The window to stuff power takedowns seems much small than the window to stuff regular ones. Maybe the code got reversed somewhere? Please look into this ASAP.

# 172 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/18/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
GameplayDevUFC,

You guys need to address the Power Takedowns issue. In the game menu, it says that Power takedowns are easier to defend than regular takedowns but this is not true.

The window to stuff power takedowns seems much small than the window to stuff regular ones. Maybe the code got reversed somewhere? Please look into this ASAP.
Noted, thanks.

# 173 EarvGotti @ 06/18/14 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10

Just had a fight with Chael and Rogan was talking about how I needed a knockout to win because I was down on the scorecards.

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

WTF??

DOOD WTF.

How does Chael attempt over 200 takedowns in a fight???? lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

And yeah the commentary is messed up sometimes after the fight. I've won plenty unanimous decisions even when Rogan says the other guy should win. Don't listen to them. They have no idea what they're talking about lol

# 174 Phobia @ 06/18/14 05:03 PM
Quote:

photo BqcNDJAIgAAAfpJ.jpg

WTF??
Wait, 214 take down attempts?????? How is that even possible??

# 175 cdk10 @ 06/18/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Wait, 214 take down attempts?????? How is that even possible??
That's literately all he tried to do the whole fight...lol

# 176 Phobia @ 06/18/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
That's literately all he tried to do the whole fight...lol
Was this the CPU? and what difficulty?

# 177 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/18/14 05:07 PM
Wow. I had a guy try 30 takedowns on me and I thought that was crazy.

# 178 cdk10 @ 06/18/14 05:07 PM
Quote:
Was this the CPU? and what difficulty?
CPU, career, hard diff.

the 2 takedowns he did get were at the end when I really started trying to knock him out because of them talking about being behind.

# 179 vpizzle28 @ 06/18/14 05:36 PM
Quote:
CPU, career, hard diff.

the 2 takedowns he did get were at the end when I really started trying to knock him out because of them talking about being behind.
That is crazy. Good takedown defense bro! 274 is crazy. That needs to be fixed.

# 180 pdandy @ 06/18/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpizzle28
That is crazy. Good takedown defense bro! 274 is crazy. That needs to be fixed.
This shows that there are serious bugs in this MMAI feature. It isnt't working...

funny the time that the AI stops acting like Wanderlei looks to be a bug.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.