Home
News Post

We have our answer on whether 'Re-Decision 2014' is a thing, with Lebron James opting to test the waters of free agency instead of sticking with the Heat, at least on his current contractual terms.

James could still end up with the Heat, but he could also end up anywhere as a Free Agent as well. His top options appear to be places like Houston, Chicago, or even Cleveland.

Of course, his best option may still to just stay in Miami and try to win it all again with an improved cast.

Sound off: What uniform will Lebron James be wearing while playing basketball next year?

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 da ThRONe @ 06/24/14 11:45 AM
He had to the team as currently constructed wasn't competing with the Spurs(or most likely any team coming out of the West). So even if LeBron and the other 2 are staying he had to do this to allow the Heat to retool the roster.

Can't say he'll stay for sure, but my original thought was all 3 would opt out stay take more guaranteed money but, less per year so Riley and co. could bring in more talent. See no reason why that isn't still the case as of now. If Wade and/or Bosh opts in then it could mean James is bouncing.

# 2 Vice @ 06/24/14 11:47 AM
Time will tell, although I honestly find it hard to care what he does. Sign me up for the Tim Duncan fan club instead.

# 3 loadedlux @ 06/24/14 12:03 PM
I have a feeling he really wants to and will stay in Miami, but it all depends on what Wade/Bosh does.

# 4 MaddenMan @ 06/24/14 12:22 PM
Well Miami got 4 straight finals appearances out of him and 2 titles, so that's positive.

I'm shocked at anyone that is shocked he is leaving. He wasn't loyal to his home team Cavs, why would he be loyal to Miami? Makes zero sense.

He's all about getting the rings and imo the only team that could give him that opportunity would be Houston as they have a premier center and good key players.

Teams I think he has a title shot with:
Bulls - no
Mavs - ... maybe
Suns - no
Hawks - no
Lakers - no
Blazers - ... maybe
Thunder - yes
Rockets - yes
Spurs - yes

# 5 Majingir @ 06/24/14 12:34 PM

Out of all those jerseys(lol,Bobcats instead of Hornets....), Wizards and Warriors I'd actually say look the best on Lebron.

# 6 da ThRONe @ 06/24/14 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Well Miami got 4 straight finals appearances out of him and 2 titles, so that's positive.

I'm shocked at anyone that is shocked he is leaving. He wasn't loyal to his home team Cavs, why would he be loyal to Miami? Makes zero sense.

He's all about getting the rings and imo the only team that could give him that opportunity would be Houston as they have a premier center and good key players.

Teams I think he has a title shot with:
Bulls - no
Mavs - ... maybe
Suns - no
Hawks - no
Lakers - no
Blazers - ... maybe
Thunder - yes
Rockets - yes
Spurs - yes

Well considering he lead a pretty par Cavs teams to one Finals and a handful of ECF's, plus he's better today than he was then. I'd say almost every team he would consider has a damn good chance.

As far as chasing rings can't really blame him. He's legacy would've take a crazy hit if he ended his career without any. Really IMO he needs at least 2 more to get the credit I think his talent deserves.

# 7 RocketTMac1 @ 06/24/14 12:44 PM
LeBron is staying in Miami. He is just giving them the space to get players. Bron is to sensitive to go through The Decision again.

# 8 areobee401 @ 06/24/14 01:11 PM
LBJ is obviously coming to Boston because of the aura of playing for the Celtics. The tradition of the franchise.

No really, there are Celtics fans who actually believe this. One of many reasons I can't stand Celtics fans.

# 9 Rhys1218 @ 06/24/14 01:46 PM
If Wade and Bosh opt out so they can take pay cuts, I can see LeBron returning to Miami, if they can add a few pieces they can easily get back to the finals again. Plus he'd be wise to stay in the East.

# 10 ojandpizza @ 06/24/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

Out of all those jerseys(lol,Bobcats instead of Hornets....), Wizards and Warriors I'd actually say look the best on Lebron.

Blazers jersey looks damn good on anybody lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 11 GAMEC0CK2002 @ 06/24/14 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys1218
If Wade and Bosh opt out so they can take pay cuts, I can see LeBron returning to Miami, if they can add a few pieces they can easily get back to the finals again. Plus he'd be wise to stay in the East.
Agreed. My gut says he stays with Miami, but if he does go elsewhere it will be an Eastern Conference team. Almost any team he joins would be a favorite to win the East.

# 12 RocketTMac1 @ 06/24/14 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Agreed. My gut says he stays with Miami, but if he does go elsewhere it will be an Eastern Conference team. Almost any team he joins would be a favorite to win the East.
I would be shocked if he leaves the Heat to go somewhere else in the East. Makes no sense for him to do that. And the West is to much of a crap-shoot. It's all about seeding and matchups out there.

What better place for LeBron than Miami? They are probably going after Ariza, Lowry and Gortat

# 13 Rhys1218 @ 06/24/14 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
I would be shocked if he leaves the Heat to go somewhere else in the East. Makes no sense for him to do that. And the West is to much of a crap-shoot. It's all about seeding and matchups out there.

What better place for LeBron than Miami? They are probably going after Ariza, Lowry and Gortat
I agree, even if he does stay with the Heat he'll probably still get close to a max deal anyway. And I don't think it's about the money, he'd make any team in the East a contender, but Miami seems like the best option imo. Add a half decent point, a couple of bench pieces and Gortat and I think they'll return the the Finals barring any major injuries.

# 14 King_B_Mack @ 06/24/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1

How are they going to afford that? Ariza, Lowry AND Gortat? In addition to Bosh, Dwyane likely sticking around, plus LeBron? Ariza and Gortat are likely looking to get paid, they both made 7.7 mil last season. I gotta think they'd want a raise at this point. Lowry too. He made 6.2 mil last year. He's definitely out played that number. There would have to be some massive paycuts for them to get all of them.

# 15 ojandpizza @ 06/24/14 05:05 PM
More realistically would be my Bosh to Houston trade and using the space to sign Lowry, Frye, and someone like Stuckey/Marion/Hawes/Meeks/Hill/someone lol

# 16 DutchMastah7 @ 06/24/14 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
More realistically would be my Bosh to Houston trade and using the space to sign Lowry, Frye, and someone like Stuckey/Marion/Hawes/Meeks/Hill/someone lol

I just don't see Miami trading Bosh at all.

# 17 whoahello @ 06/24/14 07:59 PM
Honestly, he's worth way more right now than if he decides to do so two years from now.

# 18 kobey4545 @ 06/24/14 08:03 PM
bring lebron back to clevland nation

# 19 ojandpizza @ 06/24/14 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
I just don't see Miami trading Bosh at all.

I don't either.

# 20 turty11 @ 06/24/14 08:34 PM
nobody wants to pay bosh that contract anyways, now if he opts out and its a sign and trade, i could see it (if thats even aloud)

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.