Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA posted a new blog/video detailing the graphical improvements in this year's game. You can see some of the visual improvements via the four comparison screenshots we just uploaded.

Quote:
"Hey NBA LIVE fans! First off, we just wanted to say thanks for all of your support around our first-look screenshot. We’re excited to be able to share that in-game asset with you, and today we’re going to dig a little deeper into the visual improvements we’re making in NBA LIVE. We’ve talked a lot about head scans and player likenesses, but we’re going so far beyond that this year. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the things we’ve got in store."

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 WTF @ 06/25/14 11:56 AM
I know they have that ability, I can't remember where I saw it. It was the same way they got Lebron's mask in last year. I think they said they'd get the rest of the 30% as they come through Orlando.

# 82 Bowinkle08 @ 06/25/14 12:00 PM
i like the aesthetic improvements. now i want to see gameplay

# 83 WTF @ 06/25/14 12:13 PM
Quote:
OBES: We scanned about 70 percent of the league, and plan on getting the rookies during NBA Summer League. Once the season starts up again in the fall, we will start scanning the remaining players we didn’t get during the 2013-14 NBA season. Our plan is to then create the heads and use our NBA LIVE content system to update the game with the additional scanned heads throughout the season.
Yeah, there it is, haha.

# 84 mlp111 @ 06/25/14 12:14 PM
looks awesome, but still not getting preorder from me until gameplay is released... EA why august to release gameplay when it was previously stated that it would be july? Wonder if it has anything to do with Scott O'Gallagher departure. EA , WHY No PC release! Man i want this on PC!

# 85 Goffs @ 06/25/14 12:48 PM
Looking good....now give me accurate arena sounds for each venue then I'm all set...

Spoiler

# 86 jayman504 @ 06/25/14 12:54 PM
Ya'll have NO idea how bad I want live to succeed man! Last Live I played was 05 and it might not have been sim but was madd fun! Competition breeds better business/products on all fronts

# 87 bxphenom7 @ 06/25/14 01:35 PM
Wow, they might finally be getting their act together...but I did say that last year before gameplay was shown. Let's hope this year is in fact the year so 2k feels the competition. With competition, the consumers win

# 88 True2form @ 06/25/14 01:57 PM
Ya know, You want to talk about graphics.. But you left out one KEY component.. What of the animations. Thats all apart of graphics isn't it? Not only the animations have to be fluid but they also have to a ton of details. Once that is done then there needs to be an extreme abundance of them. At least 15K not 2-5k but 15K or more. And a lot more than graphics if EA really wants to compete with NBA 2k...

# 89 SGNN @ 06/25/14 02:03 PM
Its All About Gameplay, Thats Whats Going To Be The Determine Factor if Live Will Provide Legit Competition For 2K. Let me see the gameplay. @SportGameNation

# 90 RICH72601 @ 06/25/14 03:19 PM
I really hope we see something solid from EA. I don't care about modes, synergy, etc., because if the on-court core gameplay is not up to par, nothing else matters. Whenever playing Live, I never say to myself "wow, this plays smoother than the last". The art direction looks great, but I'm not impressed until I see it in motion. I don't need it to play like the other game. I just need it to play like basketball.

# 91 NDAlum @ 06/25/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
Just noticed in the picture of Orlando's arena. If you look closely, you can see ticket checkers in red jackets at the top of the stairs! Some nice attention to detail there. For those of us that played 14 this year, rest easy knowing that it looks like our cop buddy on the floor is still in the game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's actually NBA policy they have police there...so it's a "if it's in the game, it's in the game" touch.

Live finally is getting my attention...if there was a year to get a convert this is it. Let's see what you guys have!

# 92 CaliDude916 @ 06/25/14 10:19 PM
WOW, these screenshots look amazing! Big improvement over last year. But as we all know, it all comes down to gameplay. Can't wait to see more!

# 93 ZoneSix @ 06/27/14 09:35 AM
i'm liking the improved visuals... ea did damn good using scanning for UFC so hopefully we see something similar with live.

# 94 Behindshadows @ 06/27/14 10:00 AM
The thing is, visuals has never been a issue with EA, until Live 14.

Even when Live 06 hit Xbox 360 at launch, it was visually appealing as was 07,09,10.

Problem with these guys is how the game flows and moves, it's always an animation to real life movement. That has plagued this serious for almost 8 years now and they've yet to prove they can get it right.

Live 10 was on the right path, and I will say it was help by Mike Wang that gave them that vision and effort.

But I don't see how after so many years they can't get something simple as animations too real life movement correct in a game.

Hopefully they don't focus 200% on visuals boost and really fix the gameplay and overall flow and movements of the models. They can look perfect, but without the motions to match those visuals...it's pointless!

# 95 Mintsa @ 06/27/14 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
The thing is, visuals have never been a issue with EA, until Live 14.

Even when Live 06 hit Xbox 360 at launch, it was visually appealing as was 07,09,10.

Problem with these guys is how the game flows and moves, it's always an animation to real life movement. That has plagued this serious for almost 8 years now and they've yet to prove they can get it right.

Live 10 was on the right path, and I will say it was help by Mike Wang that gave them that vision and effort.

But I don't see how after so many years they can get something simple as animations too real life movement correct in a game.

Hopefully they don't focus 200% on visuals boost and really fix the gameplay and overall flow and movements of the models. They can look perfect, but without the motions to match those visuals...it's pointless!
I agree 100%. Movement and animations (in my opinion) is also part of the graphics. These early pics look incredible. But if they still have that herby jerky animations it will still look weird.

# 96 boston3420 @ 06/28/14 01:53 PM
I actually have faith in the live team this year. They can't keep living in a shadow. Ea makes a ton of money to get the resources they need to actually make a better game. I feel like live 14 was a good game in some aspect. It was like they're beta seeing what people like and what they don't like so it can be fixed for 15. Like they said, the camera set up they had for face scanning was custom built. That's no cheap money. The game is looking great right now and yes game play will determine it all. I just think that the game play must fit the good looking graphics. We shall wait and see when some game play is shown.

# 97 The 24th Letter @ 06/28/14 03:09 PM
I can't wait to see what kind of signature style they have in place...that's huge for me...

# 98 LingeringRegime @ 06/29/14 09:49 PM
Looking good, but....

Let me get my hands on a demo.

# 99 DonWuan @ 07/01/14 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
If, and it's a big if, EA can get the gameplay itself on par with the visuals, how long do people realistically think it will be before 2k drops sports games altogether? Considering NBA2k is pretty much their only sports game at this point.
What are you talking about?

# 100 sega2k @ 07/01/14 12:11 PM
I honestly believe that Live 15 will be a huge improvement over 14. However, Scott O'Brien said this is a 3 year plan so I really think Live 16 is where we will see Live's full potential.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.