Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

While NBA 2K14 featured the voice of LeBron James, all of the other voices came from voice acting talent. NBA 2K15 will change that, as it will feature many more real NBA player voices with full scripts and roles to play in MyCAREER.

2K Sports has been tweeting many pictures from various NBA players in their studios, including the cover athlete himself Kevin Durant. Other confirmed players include Thaddeus Young, Al Jefferson, Gerald Wallace, Andre Drummond, Channing Frye, Brandon Knight, Al Horford, Trey Burke, Brook Lopez, Andre Iguodala, Udonis Haslem and Paul George.

Expect many more to be revealed soon, possibly in the 2K Sports livestream today at 3:00pm - 5:00pm PDT.

UPDATE: Nothing new was revealed in the 2K stream.

Your thoughts?

Source: DanteExum Youtube

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NickPants @ 06/27/14 07:33 AM
Thats amazing. The voices will add alot to the experience.

# 2 TemplateR @ 06/27/14 07:37 AM
Can you choose from a number of voices for your created player in MyCareer-Mode? If yes, then sounds really cool^^

# 3 knick9 @ 06/27/14 09:59 AM
Waste of resources.

# 4 Matty Aqua @ 06/27/14 10:08 AM
...it's like theres nothing else to fix...so they add Euro teams and voices and leave the modes as they are...

# 5 Steve_OS @ 06/27/14 10:20 AM
You guys realize they have plenty of time to announce details and possible updates/fixes that are coming to 2K15 right?

They will talk about THIS FEATURE first, then others when the time comes. They aren't going to reveal everything about the game in one day, it's a process.

I do understand the frustration, but you guys need to understand THIS is what they are going to talk about NOW. Other stuff is coming.

# 6 bxphenom7 @ 06/27/14 10:21 AM
They better add voices for you to choose from for your player. This is all good but other stuff that takes priority over getting NBA player voices, so I hope the livestream deals with more important details.

# 7 Mintsa @ 06/27/14 10:22 AM
What is the 2ksports live stream ??

# 8 asu666 @ 06/27/14 10:26 AM
NBA 2K15 needs offline single-player with console-based saves or I won't be buying it anyway. Leading with leaking information about features that make no difference, when the core game is broke and busted, makes no sense to me.

# 9 sticks323 @ 06/27/14 10:33 AM
I hope the story in MyCareer is better. I hope it can be different. Plz don't have the main characters talking like they from the hood. Will we be able to choose voices for our players?

# 10 TemplateR @ 06/27/14 10:36 AM
I really hope, that THIS FEATURE is for MyCareer-Mode and it will be also in the PC-Version of NBA 2k15

# 11 scottyp180 @ 06/27/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR
Can you choose from a number of voices for your created player in MyCareer-Mode? If yes, then sounds really cool^^
I hope so. Tbh that was one reason I didnt get far in the MyCareer mode. I couldn't stand the fact that my character had the voice of a thug/rapper.

The lack of customization as whole for the mode was poorly done. I hated the lack of options for facial features where as on years past you could change everything from cheek bones, to eye brow depth, mouth, jaw, etc.

# 12 scottyp180 @ 06/27/14 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
You guys realize they have plenty of time to announce details and possible updates/fixes that are coming to 2K15 right?

They will talk about THIS FEATURE first, then others when the time comes. They aren't going to reveal everything about the game in one day, it's a process.

I do understand the frustration, but you guys need to understand THIS is what they are going to talk about NOW. Other stuff is coming.
This happens every year. The first little bit of information comes out and people act like 2k isn't changing anything this year.

2K is always slow with information regarding NBA. I've been following the series long enough to know that the real info doesnt usually drop until mid july the earliest. Typically august amd september are the months for the important feautures and additions, trailers, and gameplay videos.

# 13 lynkraid @ 06/27/14 11:35 AM
Waste of time, I don't want voice overs for a bunch of waste of time "I WANT TO SKIP THE SCENE" (BUT CANT) cut scenes in Mycareer mode (which I hated, it was so god awful & such a waste of time i.e no crew mode to use your guy in). My hatred just grows for the former Myplayer mode.

Instead invest in solid servers so leagues work & crew mode can be used again, ugh why voice overs.. eff NBA2k their priorities been in the wrong direction for so many years. Only voice work I care about in sports games is the commentary.

# 14 etched Chaos @ 06/27/14 11:51 AM
This sounds awesome, I love the story aspect of MyCareer (even if the lack of skipping sucks) and the lack of voices for the players and coaches always felt wrong.

# 15 23 @ 06/27/14 12:10 PM
I honestly don't even play this feature and this likely won't make me want to touch it either.

# 16 sactown_13 @ 06/27/14 12:37 PM
Do I have to spend VC to hear these?

# 17 VDusen04 @ 06/27/14 12:40 PM
I actually found the first part of that video pretty fascinating. I've always known the core basics of motion capture but it was interesting to hear some light details, such as the difficulty many players have adjusting to the suit they're wearing, sometimes affecting their shot animations. It looks like that'd be a pretty fun experience.

Regarding the voices, I feel as though it could help the authenticity. I did not own 2K14 for next generation, but I do recall seeing clips of MyPlayer teammates "miming" their interactions with you and it looked absolutely ridiculous. I'd wonder if 2K would be able to get enough dialogue from enough players to cure that ailment though.

My bigger problem (or question) is with the scripting and dialogue itself. From the clips I've seen, many of the interactions are embarrassing and cringe-inducing. Sometimes I feel it may be more realistic to allow gamers to assume certain interactions are occurring instead of introducing a forced, awful, and apparently non-skippable moment like this:

So with that in mind, I think it'll depend upon how the new voices are used. When done with authenticity at the forefront, I think they could be great. I believe there's a clear difference from the 4th grade Power Ranger script above and something like this:

# 18 Glenn33 @ 06/27/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
This sounds awesome, I love the story aspect of MyCareer (even if the lack of skipping sucks) and the lack of voices for the players and coaches always felt wrong.
My sentiments exactly. I think this is good stuff.

# 19 WTF @ 06/27/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I honestly don't even play this feature and this likely won't make me want to touch it either.
Likewise. I thought that some of the tweets mentioned something about Sim-nation, etc. This does nothing for me.

Voices in a mode? But apparently there is a market for it.

# 20 Semipro91 @ 06/27/14 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman
...it's like theres nothing else to fix...so they add Euro teams and voices and leave the modes as they are...
Whats wrong with you? This is the first bit of info 2K has given, so I guess that means its the last and next year is just a re-skin. SMH. Go away.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.