Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 roadman @ 06/28/14 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
A decade of destroying the football videogame market has taken it's toll, finally...
Wait till franchise info comes out with everyone having different expectations and some of those expectations aren't in the game.

Enjoy the weekend everyone and come back with a clean slate on Monday.

# 62 ATLBrayden @ 06/28/14 12:20 AM
Not gonna act like I'm gonna skip out on madden. It looks good and if I have fun playing it that's all that matters to me. I'm not expecting some ground breaking new game from this company.

# 63 ATLBrayden @ 06/28/14 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallSoHardU
Don't even get me started on these tackles though. Geez it's like getting tacled by a vacuum cleaner, or getting sucked into a mini black hole...
The running back has nothing but green ahead of him, he could go, wait no! The defensive end uses teleport and tackles the back for a loss!
"Bad vision, bad hole choice and a loss of yards, you can blame that loss all on the running back."

Who could forget the classic, "Last week this quarterback played terrible, and that's why his team lost" when referring to the 5TD 0int win he had last week!

And remember, "when he's covered, he's open."

# 64 ATLBrayden @ 06/28/14 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
They only thing I can think is that since they have he exclusive NFL license, their goal is to allocate as least resources as possible to Madden, just do the bare minimum every year.
The less money they spend, the better for them. As long as they have that license things may continue like this for quite some time.

# 65 DNMHIII @ 06/28/14 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It is hard to understand how Madden's textures, models and lighting have improved so much, while the player movement and player interactions continue to look so dated.

Those areas of the game should be completely separate jobs for completely different types of employees, not a situation where your manpower has to suspend work on one element to work on the other.

From an outsider's perspective, it just seems like Tiburon either aren't hiring or aren't assigning enough people to work on those parts of the game.
I have a strong suspicion that the next gen game is actually just a port made on last gen because they can't ditch last gen and won't spend the money to develop for two console generations separately.

This game looks last gen because it probably is and will be until the PS3 is phased out and then they'll start from scratch just like PS2 to PS3

# 66 KBLover @ 06/28/14 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I have a strong suspicion that the next gen game is actually just a port made on last gen because they can't ditch last gen and won't spend the money to develop for two console generations separately.
That sounds eerily like how they treated the PC version before they just stopped bothering altogether...

# 67 24 @ 06/28/14 04:08 AM
I'm very torn. I see strides being made in the right direction once again, but I saw similar strides made in Madden 10. 10 was far from perfect but we finally started to see some progress being made and Ian was let go and a new team took over. I fear that something like that could happen again. We'll finally be somewhat close to a fully realistic depiction of football only for it to be ripped away.

Madden will be a release day purchase for me this year.

# 68 unfriendlyghst @ 06/28/14 04:17 AM
What bothers me the absolute most, is that I play FIFA 14 on the PC and it is a wonderful game.

There it is folks. 22 players, who look like they are supposed to, all moving seperately and individually. Tatoos. Great ball and collision Physics. Realistic crowd chants and reactions to the game on the field/pitch. Penalties. Emotions. Spot on comentary. Real ads for real products and companies.
Refs that get hit by the ball.

Why oh why cant this be American Footbal?

# 69 Tommyklaid @ 06/28/14 04:50 AM
Again, this is an early build, but I'm certain they're in the "cleaning-up" stages of the game by now and this is about what we're going to get.

Pros:

*Player models - look much improved from last year (textures & size) - hopefully ALL the NFLPA will be on-board w/ the tattoos to add to the realism...I mean, why wouldn't they want their likeness in a video game...most of the guys nowadays were raised in the gaming worlds.

*Crowd Sound - the crowd seems to react louder in certain situations - hard to tell

*Camera - like the new default camera angle that brings you close to the action...it definitely helps to amplify the graphical improvements.

Cons:

Lighting - just doesn't look up to par with other sports video games (NBA 2K & MLB The Show)

Tackling - still seeing the same animations as last year (which most are good) but players just seem to "fall-like-puppets" at times.

PA Music: Is it just me or (with the exception of the techno song) is the soundtrack playing over the PA the SAME 2 songs from MLB: The Show....wow :/

I always look forward to what EA has to offer and I hope they deliver...I am one of those guys who gets "tangled" in the hype....PROBABLY because it's the only NFL game we have to chose from.

# 70 aceoye @ 06/28/14 07:35 AM
So they got new music?

# 71 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
These cleats have to go! Take a page from NHL, Get authenticities equipment. Jordan cleats, Cam's hi top under armor cleats etc. This year can is wearing the shin pads like in basketball, this would make sense to have for players to use. They should be ahead of the curve on accessories instead of a year or ten behind!

I'm looking at the game and i kinda like what I see, aside from the same animation for tackling- where the ball carrier falls on his back after hitting the turf. The animations are too much though. The way they line up is all animation, not distinct walk, or different motion. And then they morph into the spot. Still no multiple formation audible and multiple players moving on the line of scrimmage.

The angles have to get better because they've always taken a angle to tackle from behind no matter which location you were starting.

The spin move needs to be neutralized, and only effective for very elusive players. And defenders need to break down prior to diving. It should be built into the defense while you are approaching the runner. To many blow buys happen in Madden, NFL players are way to disciplined.

That throw he made with Wilson, off balance, was bull, the physics alone should have made him throw a lollipop, and dude should have picked that. That was Antoine Bethea.

Madden always looks good, but just as they have generic tattoos in UFC, Madden could've used those to have all players that are tatted be tatted in the game, then not only Kap is tatted.
There are multiple players moving at the line of scrimmage and I've even seen the RG motion to the QB to hurry up and snap the ball. The pre and post play animations are one of the biggest improvements I've noticed in the animation department so far. Players are interacting in the huddle, putting arm around each other, talking to each other, hand guesstures, etc.. Little things but it's the little things that people have been wanting to see for years, the way they fixed wind direction, and the way wind affects kicking and passing this year is another example. QB inaccuracies will probably be the biggest game changer IMO. I think that will completely change the way people select their teams, especially in CFM.

# 72 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
So they got new music?
Yeah Sean Graddy talked about them getting rid of boom boom pow finally in the ign demo. They also have real music playing during the quarter break montage like in real life, which is a nice touch.

# 73 Falconsfan21 @ 06/28/14 08:34 AM
My problems with the maddens series as of late as been 1) the commentary. it got to the point where i knew what line was coming next. its boring and repetitive 2) the physics. While to try run the ball. the rb runs into his own lineman and falls like a puppet on strings. 3) the celebrations in the endzone. im a avid NFL watcher and most of these players dont do those celebrations. steven jackson doing air guitar?

Graphically the game has gotten better but thats about it.

# 74 Jerros @ 06/28/14 08:58 AM
To me it's just sad that Madden went through all the trouble to monopolize the license and all we get year in and year out is the same game. Now this new team decided to go back and research some old features from past titles to cherry pick. So in their minds most of us have forgotten these features so we won't recognize them or call them out. With that mindset they advertise all these things as NEW innovations. This is how they view the consumers? Mindless sheep? Sad, really sad. But lets go down the list of a few examples.

BACKBREAKER:
So they decided to implement BackBreaker's Defensive cam and a modified version of their lock on player feature. Interesting choice. Sadly, I think BB actually did this better and keep in mind, its older.

Madden 05:
This is more of a trendy gimmick which Madden has done in the past. In 05 the Ravens were SB champs and what was Madden's theme? DEFENSE. So of course the Seahawks are th new trend. The year when Tom Brady and the Pats broke a ton of offensive records Madden went Offense crazy. Just to give you an idea of the trends they follow.

Madden 08:
The so called new button prompt to do defensive line moves? Oh yeah, Madden had that for all positions back in 08. Now it's just modified for line play but yeah, you get the picture.

NCAA 08:
Keeping with the same year, NCAA 08 had this feature where you could jump the snap. A message would show up on the screen if you got it right saying great jump. Sound familiar? That's right boys and girls, a NEW innovative jump the snap feature for Madden 15. It never ends, but lets continue.

NCAA 14:
All 22 camera. Need I say more? Nah, you get the picture.

There are a few other things such as true step and the power circle from 2k, the vision cone which was originally designed for the qb when offense was the trend. But yeah, this is what we're getting folks. Old features packed onto the same engine with the same stiff animations and sloppy tackle physics. All this packaged under a new coat of paint which to me honestly isn't that impressive. This is 2014, how about adding some slight cloth physics to the jerseys instead of standard normal mapped wrinkles. Not impressed. just food for thought.

The definition of Innovation:
1. something new or different introduced.
2. the act of innovating; introduction of new things or methods.

Doesn't quite fit does it?

# 75 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan21
My problems with the maddens series as of late as been 1) the commentary. it got to the point where i knew what line was coming next. its boring and repetitive 2) the physics. While to try run the ball. the rb runs into his own lineman and falls like a puppet on strings. 3) the celebrations in the endzone. im a avid NFL watcher and most of these players dont do those celebrations. steven jackson doing air guitar?

Graphically the game has gotten better but thats about it.
All 3 of those especially the 3rd have been improved this year, they removed all the old celebration cutscenes and now celebrations are all done in real time. The crowd and sidelines have improved too. I know some people have said on here that the sidelines weren't touched but that is not true, the players now respond and watch the plays on the field, come off the bench to congratulate teammates, get upset and frustrated on negative plays. The crowd responds properly to big plays and stands up and cheers during them as well, crowd models have more indistinguishable character models now as well, not as many duplicates. Rex has said they aren't there yet with the Living Worlds feature but improvement has been made since last year in that area. I don't know if this is considered living worlds but players also will look up at the jumbotron on big breakaway TDs.

# 76 Malcd9583 @ 06/28/14 10:10 AM
I mean watching the videos it reminds me of maddens of old with the animations but the graphics on next gen look much better then the first madden on next gen. I buy every madden been playing since I was a kid now I'm grown. The thing that bothers most is the WR/DB animation for bump and run has been the same since ps2 that's why the same plays will always work until it's fixed. The read option is still gonna impose it's will on most defenses based on the video. I'm a online guy I never was into playing the cpu if it's no competition it's not fun to me. I'm a madden fan there improving but it doesn't hold me like it use to. I'm gonna buy it because I'm addicted to sports. I give madden credit cuz they trying like 2k was great but...... They took core modes away for online and that killed it for me plus the servers.

# 77 kjcheezhead @ 06/28/14 10:12 AM
The pre/post play cameras are nice and I like the crowd noise but that's it. When the ball is snapped it becomes a stale game of madden. The movement/animation, commentary looks the same. I don't see much difference.

That Russell Wilson roll to the right and throw across his body to the middle of the field, still being more or less on target, while the wr continues downfield and allows the db to undercut it and have it hit him square in the chest but drop it anyways is the epitome of madden.

It's a tired stale game with so many bandaids it's hard to find any fundamentally sound football.

# 78 Malcd9583 @ 06/28/14 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The pre/post play cameras are nice and I like the crowd noise but that's it. When the ball is snapped it becomes a stale game of madden. The movement/animation, commentary looks the same. I don't see much difference.

That Russell Wilson roll to the right and throw across his body to the middle of the field, still being more or less on target, while the wr continues downfield and allows the db to undercut it and have it hit him square in the chest but drop it anyways is the epitome of madden.

It's a tired stale game with so many bandaids it's hard to find any fundamentally sound football.
Madden will never be fundamentally sound it's a video game. They have to keep the fun factor to sell units if they ever made it to hard people wouldn't buy it. At the end of the day if madden made the best video game ever people would still come on here and complain about it. That's with every video game it's sad but that's just the world we live in.

# 79 SageInfinite @ 06/28/14 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
Madden will never be fundamentally sound it's a video game. They have to keep the fun factor to sell units if they ever made it to hard people wouldn't buy it. At the end of the day if madden made the best video game ever people would still come on here and complain about it. That's with every video game it's sad but that's just the world we live in.
IMO it's not about dumbing the game down to fun it up. Realism is fun. Realistic looking games attract people. It's about accessibility. Giving people the proper tools to learn the game and tailor it to their gaming style. What's the point of having difficulty settings and sliders if you're going to leave things out because you think they'll be too hard for people. I don't get that approach the Tiburon has, or maybe it's the approach people think Tiburon has.

# 80 Ryan97 @ 06/28/14 10:44 AM
EA is continuing to stay a step behind everyone else in terms of solid sports gaming. I'm pretty discourage on the NHL front after watching this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.