Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
One thing I have always hated about Madden is the lack of catch animations. Every receiver seems sure footed 95 percent of the time. Seeing a dive catch is like spotting a unicorn. I was playing APF 2k8 last night and the variety of catches in that game are ridiculous. There are even catches where receivers slide on their knees to make the reception. Receivers falling backwards off balance to adjust to the ball. That's just a small sample of the variety you can find in that game. Also, the illusion of line play in Madden is so frustrating. Watch the videos above of real NFL footage and show me one play where O-linemen simply turn forward looking down field once the defender they were blocking gets past them. Where's the pursuit and continuing to play through to regain their protection in case the qb steps up into the pocket or escapes? Simple o-line logic., where is it? It's been far too many years for these things to not be a given in Madden by now.
Interesting you mentioned that because I just was talking with Markus about animations.

@jpdavis1982: @markusfrieske are you guys planning to capture a bunch of new animations for next year, were there a bunch captured for M15?

@markusfrieske: @jpdavis1982 yes there were thousands captured for the defensive side of the ball and for catching animations.

# 42 jmurphy31 @ 07/03/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Looked like NHL 15...Lol

And where are the living sidelines??
I'm surprised they would of even touted living sidelines last year if they are still not in the game this year.

In all seriousness what are the new features this year besides graphics, tackling cone, and the halftime show. I thought I was following pretty good but nothing really sticks out in these videos.

I hear yes/no to all 22 players with true step and passing inaccuracies but I haven't seen it in these videos.

# 43 Cowboy008 @ 07/03/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Interesting you mentioned that because I just was talking with Markus about animations.

@jpdavis1982: @markusfrieske are you guys planning to capture a bunch of new animations for next year, were there a bunch captured for M15?

@markusfrieske: @jpdavis1982 yes there were thousands captured for the defensive side of the ball and for catching animations.
Sorry to be that guy but will we actually see all of the thousands of animations that were captured or will we just be seeing the same couple of animations over and over again?

# 44 jmurphy31 @ 07/03/14 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Sorry to be that guy but will we actually see all of the thousands of animations that were captured or will we just be seeing the same couple of animations over and over again?
Hopefully they get these new animations in the game. A few years ago they said they added a ton , but it seemed only a few would trigger.

# 45 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Hopefully they get these new animations in the game. A few years ago they said they added a ton , but it seemed only a few would trigger.
Yeah apparently that was because the game didn't have the inaccuracies to trigger them and they say they trigger now.

# 46 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
No need to apologize I feel the same way but I was just passing along the info I was given.

# 47 SageInfinite @ 07/03/14 07:59 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing animations being repeated if they captured new ones for each year and removed or tuned the frequencies for the older ones to occur. The game feels stale after a couple of games for me because I've been seeing some of the same animations since Madden 06, 07, 08, 09, ect.....

# 48 JMUfootball @ 07/03/14 08:01 PM
Players without the ball STILL run with hunched shoulders, all the time.

Madden animations and movements have looked so poor for so long when I see Madden footage I think "oh that's a Madden game" instead of "oh that's a football game".

It's a whole new generation of consoles. Why was the same exact flawed physics/movement model ported over??? This game is a clear no buy for me.

# 49 jaynral @ 07/03/14 08:31 PM
I honestly feel that the reason we are seeing very limited footage this year is because there really is nothing new to show......So why risk first day sales!!!!......EA best asset is marketing and hype and we see none of that at all!!

# 50 jpdavis82 @ 07/03/14 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynral
I honestly feel that the reason we are seeing very limited footage this year is because there really is nothing new to show......So why risk first day sales!!!!......EA best asset is marketing and hype and we see none of that at all!!
That's definitely not true, if you're on FB, Instagram, and Twitter people are going nuts over Madden 15.

# 51 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/03/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
One thing I have always hated about Madden is the lack of catch animations. Every receiver seems sure footed 95 percent of the time. Seeing a dive catch is like spotting a unicorn. I was playing APF 2k8 last night and the variety of catches in that game are ridiculous. There are even catches where receivers slide on their knees to make the reception. .
Facts! Where are the body catches in Madden? Not all catches should be with hands. Big receivers should be able to shield off defenders with their body & pull the catch into their body ala Michael Irvin. Long overdue in Madden smh.

# 52 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/03/14 10:14 PM
The thing that stands out to me the most (besides the stiff animations) is how RB's in Madden don't carry the ball how they would in real life smh. Frank Gore runs nothing like that in real life. He doesn't hold the ball like that when running. It makes the game extremely repetitive when all players carry the ball the same way & are able to pull off the same moves. This is the thing I hate most about Madden. SIGNATURE BALL CARRYING STYLES & RUNNING ANIMATIONS are a must next year!

# 53 kehlis @ 07/03/14 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's definitely not true, if you're on FB, Instagram, and Twitter people are going nuts over Madden 15.
I'm on FB, Instagram and Twitter. Why don't I see people going nuts over Madden 15?

# 54 jaynral @ 07/03/14 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm on FB, Instagram and Twitter. Why don't I see people going nuts over Madden 15?
my point in case....compared to last year after E3.....I hear or see nothing....Last year there were video of games people played at E3 with different teams, EA announcing specific dates that they going to show NEW aspects of the game, etc,etc....Now, nothing at all!!!....So whats going on?

# 55 RandyBass @ 07/03/14 10:35 PM
Haven't been paying attention to much of the videos, and watching this one the first thing that jumps out is just what other people are saying: it looks very unnatural, the way the players move, etc. Every now and then you'll see something that look pretty decent, but overall it does not look good.

The thing that probably irks me the most is the look of the passes, it doesn't have that natural looking loft that you see in real life. This is especially apparent on deep balls. I realize not everyone can throw a ball like Warren Moon, but generally speaking there is a beauty to a ball in flight, and you just don't see that in Madden. In Madden it's ugly.

Just can't get excited about this game. They're not bringing it.

# 56 RandyBass @ 07/03/14 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
jpdavis82 appears to live in an alternate universe, so maybe that's why.

# 57 kehlis @ 07/03/14 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
jpdavis82 appears to live in an alternate universe, so maybe that's why.
He's just overly optimistic and desperately wan'ts to be a gamechanger which is fine, the problem is anytime he's asked a question he can't answer (and I've asked a few) he just leaves the thread and ignores the question.

I would love to believe in his optimism but he can never back it up which is what is troubling.

Just go to his posts, you can see last year he made a post questioning how much someone had played M25 after admitting he hadn't played it yet but when questioned on that he stopped posting all together until about March of this year. I just take it for what it's worth at this point which is pretty much nothing.

All that said, I DO hope he's right, and I DO hope this game will be great.

# 58 kjcheezhead @ 07/03/14 11:52 PM
The first two plays just killed the video for me. The opening kick return had the blocker right in front of the return do a weird slide to start off and then just before the defender made the tackle number 44 could've blocked him but decided to double team some other guy instead.

The next was another classic int sequence where the wr continues with outstretched hands while the db makes the pick unobstructed.

Where are the errant throws? In all these vids I've seen 1 pass to Vernon Davis in the end zone that was off target. Everything else is a tipped pass, an int, or a completion.

The more I watch, the less improvements I see. It's madden. Plain and simple. I'll hold off on picking up a ps4 until I see a game I really have to have. This isn't it.

# 59 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
That TD should have never happened. Sherman glitched. He missed the underneath route and threw it up. This is the BS. IT looks great, sounds great. But the taking is trash, the AI competence is not up to par of the poster they are emulating and the running is to out of control. A defensive posture is competent of the val carrier and when to start his break down in order to tackle. Vice versa, the auto assist should kick in for the defender to show him down or animate his break down. Instead of blowing by the runner. The head needs to be on a swivel. Same with the back, he's not just sort sprinting to the fence, while sprinting the body form changes. Argggggh, anyway. Game like good was made under par. And today I blame the NFL. Since the news came out they have altered the game, it's not all EA sports fault. The NFL has ruined football gaming. So stop blaming EA. even I'd they came out with the best emulation ever, the NFL WOULD SAY NO! and change this so our game is represented politically correct. Not violent like it is.

Bull
That was a user controlling Sherman not AI, Smitty was upset because the guy he was playing switched to Sherman and he was trying to show how the improved AI reacts to passes like that. This was discussed tonight on TSS radio show. Both Sim & Smitty were saying the zone & man is extremely tough now and people will be surprised when they play it just how tough it is even on all pro.

# 60 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
I think it's time we stop paying for the other company to save us from this nightmare, and find out who will make a game period. Forget the license, just make a customizable game. OS, and the other gaming forums n need to raise this issue, they are in the circles. We aren't.
EA is the company making a game and the dev team, at least now, is trying to make a simulation game, but it is going to take a liitle longer to get there. With 15 most people will understand what they're trying to do. With 16 it will become even more obvious.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.