Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Grey_Osprey @ 07/04/14 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
EA is the company making a game and the dev team, at least now, is trying to make a simulation game, but it is going to take a liitle longer to get there. With 15 most people will understand what they're trying to do. With 16 it will become even more obvious.
Here we are on next gen systems and the game still has the same old ugly animations and legacy issues and is missing features that were available years ago in other games (some EA games) on older, less capable systems. And you are telling us to wait until next year. Again.

# 62 jmurphy31 @ 07/04/14 07:52 AM
One small negative.

They need to remove the basketball celebration after a pass break up. It's at least the third time I've seen. Just doesn't fit. Almost like the air guitar last year after a TD.

# 63 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Here we are on next gen systems and the game still has the same old ugly animations and legacy issues and is missing features that were available years ago in other games (some EA games) on older, less capable systems. And you are telling us to wait until next year. Again.
The game has improved quite a bit, if it is balanced and fundamentally pretty sound, why can't 15 be a good balanced fb game? The animations don't change the way the game plays, just how it looks. I think most people will be pretty pleased once 15 drops and they can play it for themselves.

# 64 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
From the videos ive seen, their is still no body catches or any catches where the receiver falls to the ground after catching an inaccurate pass or when attempting to catch a low thrown ball. From what ive seen all receivers still always land on their feet after a catch, accept for a rare dive. One of the most frequent catches in football if the forward dive for a low ball, Ive yet to see this catch animation in Madden.
I've seen dive & body catches, I've also seen pileups, consecutive hit tackles, theres a reach tackle at 10:26 in Shopmaster's video by Justin Smith, dbs run sideways with WRs and open inside or outside depending on play, and I've seen two DBs dive for a tipped ball in a realistic fashion. Some of you are trained to look for the negative, I bet most of you haven't even seen some of the things I just mentioned and this is just the alpha build.

Here's the link for the video with the teach tackle, 10:26
http://youtu.be/9D2GK_z3Az0

# 65 Demoncrom @ 07/04/14 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Word!!!

When I 1st saw this vid, I realized why the animations are so bad. No determination, no struggle. The animations are too scripted. "OK, let's get a pancack animation. Go!" So the guy getting pancaked provides no resistance. They should instead let guys battle and record what happens.
No, they they should have already done to a realistic tacking model. BackBreaker had a lot wrong but the bases of how tacking looked in the at game was right. Men colliding into each out with different results depending on angle of hit, speed of players and mass.

# 66 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
With Madden, very little of any note ever changes between what they show at E3 and the final game. So what we're seeing now is what the game is going to be August 26th, give or take some minor tweaks that won't make any significant difference.
I'm not talking about major change but it will be more polished and tuned. I know it used to be that way but since M13 the game has seen more polish and refinements between E3 and launch.

# 67 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 09:10 AM
Quote:
The game has improved quite a bit, if it is balanced and fundamentally pretty sound, why can't 15 be a good balanced fb game? The animations don't change the way the game plays, just how it looks. I think most people will be pretty pleased once 15 drops and they can play it for themselves.
Animations are not just cosmetic, they're the foundation of a game. Without the proper animations somethings cannot happen gameplay wise.

# 68 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Animations are not just cosmetic, they're the foundation of a game. Without the proper animations somethings cannot happen gameplay wise.
I understand that but y'all are only looking at that and are missing what's actually improved and what they're doing. Once you guys play the game I think you will see what I'm trying to explain about the improvement and like I said they added tons of new defensive and catch animations. We've seen like 2 quarters of gameplay, there's a lot more we haven't seen obviously, I know there's good and bad but I'm just saying the footage we've seen has been very limited and even the same two teams. We need to see how a subpar secondary looks, a pocket passer vs mobile, only seen two mobile QBs, need to see how an elite WR plays and the catch animations he uses. Need to see how a big run stuffing DT plays compared to the Smiths or Seattle's fast D.

# 69 Mechcaniq @ 07/04/14 10:35 AM
Watching the same 2 teams has gotten old. With no NCAA this year, I thought EA would release more M15 game footage to fill the void between now and launch. Oh well, whatever!

# 70 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
You may consider that people see some of the changes, but for them the bad outweighs the good.

And the 2 quarters perspective doesn't carry any weight because there have been plenty of videos of different games, same teams, but different games. You don't need all 4 quarters in each video, especially when in just those vids alone you can see many of the same legacy issues.

There has been enough video now to get the idea of what this game is. The only people who would have a legitimate reason to be using the Alpha Build/Footage excuses work for EA/Tiburon because they would have a vested interest in that (i.e. they work there and get a paycheck from the company). Further, the way they produce Madden (being a yearly title that isn't rebuilt ground up each year BTW) makes that Alpha argument carry even less weight. Their development methodology and timeframe window demands that they have a more mature product in a fraction of the time than many other types of game developments at the AAA level. This means that an Alpha of Madden is farther along than what the standard designation normally suggests.

As for all the other things you mentioned, you're holding out an awful lot of hope. The game is out next month. What you're mentioning sounds like you're expecting a totally different game, and that's not what's about to be released. We're about to get the legacy Madden with better graphics and other minor tweaks, along with a mountain of legacy issues. Love it or hate it, that's what it's going to be.
I'm willing to bet you that more people will be impressed than disappointed once they play the game. I even think you will be to a degree.

# 71 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
I understand that but y'all are only looking at that and are missing what's actually improved and what they're doing. Once you guys play the game I think you will see what I'm trying to explain about the improvement and like I said they added tons of new defensive and catch animations. We've seen like 2 quarters of gameplay, there's a lot more we haven't seen obviously, I know there's good and bad but I'm just saying the footage we've seen has been very limited and even the same two teams. We need to see how a subpar secondary looks, a pocket passer vs mobile, only seen two mobile QBs, need to see how an elite WR plays and the catch animations he uses. Need to see how a big run stuffing DT plays compared to the Smiths or Seattle's fast D.
I've pointed out things that I've seen that are improved. You haven't played the game either. You're going off of hearsay. I don't personally look for missing things, they jump out at you because the game looks similar to previous years. You said it yourself we've seen limited footage, so how is it ok for you to think things are coming and will be better but not ok for us to go with the history of Tiburon "what you see is what you get"?

I'm not saying the game won't be better when I play it. I feel that any game you have an interest in you should play it before totally condemning, but the game is what it is from a visual standpoint. The presentation is WAY better than last year, and so are the graphics, but in motion, it is what it is, and it still has a long way to go.

Like I've been saying I enjoy Madden 25 on PS4 at times, way more than 13, and more than 25 current gen, so I can't see how 15 won't be a nice step up, but I'm also tired of the turtle pace and these awful primitive animations.

# 72 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 11:39 AM
Quote:
I've pointed out things that I've seen that are improved. You haven't played the game either. You're going off of hearsay. I don't personally look for missing things, they jump out at you because the game looks similar to previous years. You said it yourself we've seen limited footage, so how is it ok for you to think things are coming and will be better but not ok for us to go with the history of Tiburon "what you see is what you get"?

I'm not saying the game won't be better when I play it. I feel that any game you have an interest in you should play it before totally condemning, but the game is what it is from a visual standpoint. The presentation is WAY better than last year, and so are the graphics, but in motion, it is what it is, and it still has a long way to go.

Like I've been saying I enjoy Madden 25 on PS4 at times, way more than 13, and more than 25 current gen, so I can't see how 15 won't be a nice step up, but I'm also tired of the turtle pace and these awful primitive animations.
I understand your frustration hopefully next year they add new running animations. This year they added a ton of new defensive and catch animations so there's hope for something similar on offense next year.

# 73 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
I understand your frustration hopefully next year they add new running animations. This year they added a ton of new defensive and catch animations so there's hope for something similar on offense next year.
So they say. They always say something is there, and then we get the game and its either missing, doesn't work, or doesn't appear as advertised. They said they added 300 plus catch animations before. We saw like 15 in the game, lol. I know there was an inaccuracy problem, but cmon, its more Tiburon bs. Who's to say this time there won't be some "issue" they didn't see until after the game ships and they can't "address" until Madden 17? These dudes are a joke.

Madden is a fun pitch and catch, throw the ball around, make some big hits while you're drinking type game, but as far as a realistic NFL experience, until they get the "aircraft carrier" turned around, I can't take it seriously.

From the limited footage, the game is a nice step up from 25, but still a joke.

# 74 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
So they say. They always say something is there, and then we get the game and its either missing, doesn't work, or doesn't appear as advertised. They said they added 300 plus catch animations before. We saw like 15 in the game, lol. I know there was an inaccuracy problem, but cmon, its more Tiburon bs. Who's to say this time there won't be some "issue" they didn't see until after the game ships and they can't "address" until Madden 17? These dudes are a joke.

Madden is a fun pitch and catch, throw the ball around, make some big hits while you're drinking type game, but as far as a realistic NFL experience, until they get the "aircraft carrier" turned around, I can't take it seriously.

A joke huh? Wait till you play that man & zone coverage.

# 75 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 12:05 PM
Quote:
A joke huh? Wait till you play that man & zone coverage.
How about you wait until you play it, lol.

# 76 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 12:10 PM
Quote:

So here's what someone who couldn't stand M25 has to say about 15 after playing it.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr...-means.111074/

# 77 kehlis @ 07/04/14 12:13 PM
This quote is the when I stopped reading:

Quote:
This is my first year as a EA Sports Gamechanger on the Madden series. So my perspective is pretty fresh.

Yea, really shocking that he has a different perspective now than he had last year.

# 78 Malcd9583 @ 07/04/14 12:35 PM
Do you guys the AI to play like a human? I mean I never play against the computer but when I play online or against friends when someone passes the ball I click on the man myself so I can manually make the play. That's the best way to play madden IMO.

# 79 Malcd9583 @ 07/04/14 12:36 PM
Are you a game changer JP?

# 80 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
@ 3:12 the switch man (to defensive backs) AI and control is still lacking and screwed up. It has been a problem for going on ten years now. Looks like another tens years of frustration.
That was user controlled not AI, Smitty talked about this last night on the show how he purposefully threw the ball up to see how Sherman would respond and the guy he was playing screwed up the play.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.