Home
The Golf Club News Post

Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of The Golf Club have been submitted to Microsoft and Sony, respectively. So we should get an official release date soon.

Quote:
We’ve now got a week or so to wait until we hear back from them with regards to whether or not we are ready to hit the store. It’s highly likely that we’ll get a report back with a few minor things that will need changing before we submit again, as this happens 90% of the time especially when working on a new generation of consoles.

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 21 countryboy @ 07/29/14 08:05 AM
Pure Pool is releasing today, so I'm hoping that Golf Club will release next week.

# 22 bluengold34_OS @ 07/29/14 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Pure Pool is releasing today, so I'm hoping that Golf Club will release next week.
I would keep that hope of next week to an extreme minimum Sir - stranger things have happened though.

# 23 countryboy @ 07/29/14 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I would keep that hope of next week to an extreme minimum Sir - stranger things have happened though.
I know its a long shot, but hope is what is keeping me alive...LOL

# 24 rspencer86 @ 07/29/14 11:11 AM
So is this a digital-only title, or are they selling physical discs as well?

# 25 bluengold34_OS @ 07/29/14 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
They are not - even my review copy is digital

# 26 greenegt @ 07/29/14 04:19 PM
I'm so ready for this game. So close, yet so far.

# 27 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/29/14 08:26 PM
I need this now... Please come on and release already.

# 28 ILiveForThis @ 07/29/14 08:54 PM
I swear I've been refreshing this section of the forum every day since this was posted, just waiting for the release date.

# 29 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/29/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
I swear I've been refreshing this section of the forum every day since this was posted, just waiting for the release date.
You and I both...

# 30 ILiveForThis @ 07/29/14 09:35 PM
I will say though - I am glad we have a nice following here. It will make starting and playing in a nice tour that much easier once it does launch. I am excited for what OS can provide.

# 31 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/29/14 09:57 PM
Truth. I said this before, but from the looks of this and how much I love customizing things, I'm not sure how much I'll actually play the game. Creating courses could be my time consuming experience.

# 32 mebby @ 07/30/14 08:19 AM
Yep! And every time I see a new post here I'm just HOPING that it's good news.

# 33 jmaj315 @ 07/30/14 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
They are not - even my review copy is digital
In the press row podcast: I forget exactly what the lead dev said about it, but he definitely wanted to get physical copies at some point (and put them on shelves somewhere). Digital-only can get lost in the sea of all of the other games sometimes. But it is definitely digital-only for release

# 34 brent3419 @ 07/30/14 10:37 PM
i really really want this gamw

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 35 CRIP4LIFE @ 07/31/14 09:33 AM
Quote:
Just to expand on Lorin's comments a little.
We've spent a week of 8am to 2am work days, working on the feedback from MS and Sony.
The team are now having a few days off, while also being on call, so if anything comes in we can fix immediately.
We're just sitting tight and waiting to see now.
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=4040.0

seems like... the first submission to Sony/MS was rejected... so, the dev team worked hard on what needed to be corrected, and resubmitted it.

now we are just in a holding pattern while sony/ms review the new submission.

this is obviously my opinion, but based on the quote above (hb studio dev quote), it seems fairly safe to assume.

so, at minimum we're at least another week or two away? conjecture.

# 36 globalbeats7 @ 07/31/14 10:14 AM
when it is approved, what is the turnaround time for a release date? I hope we are talking a week or two.

# 37 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
when it is approved, what is the turnaround time for a release date? I hope we are talking a week or two.

That's a good question my guess would be 2-4 weeks if it was being released in stores but I think it's just digital(don't quote me on that) and if just digital I would think turn around time would be a lot quicker. Maybe a week, but that's just my guess.

# 38 rspencer86 @ 07/31/14 11:49 AM
"8am to 2am work days"...

Working in game development definitely isn't as glamorous as it sounds. I'm sure all the hard work will pay off, though.

# 39 globalbeats7 @ 08/01/14 09:29 AM
this is one of those situations where it feels like it will never arrive if I keep looking for it to. But as soon as I do, it will come. Oh, the pain!

# 40 rspencer86 @ 08/01/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
It is looking like The Golf Club will be released and Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC the week of August 25th!
Right in the middle of Madden mania, but no complaints here.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.