Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Checking in today with his personal take on the lack of NCAA Football this summer, Owen Good writes that it won't be the lawsuit that does the series in, it will be the lack of a playoff option in old games.

Quote:
"And nothing will give it the College Football Playoff, or any game mode resembling the four-team finals that begin with this year's postseason. It would have been intriguing to see it handled by this series,which had always done a smooth job of making the human-voted aspects of college football seem lifelike (even to the point of believably screwing have-nots out of big bowl bids or ignoring their players for big honors.)

That's a big blow to a series that was, in hindsight, still one of the most cunningly future-proofed titles in licensed sports video gaming, thanks to a number of key features."

What do you think about the lack of a playoff option in NCAA? Are you going to play last year's game with updated rosters?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigbob @ 07/17/14 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Quick question, have you visited the Playoff Thread or have you had the chance to try Xan's editor?

Just trying to understand what is it that's missing from what they have come up with to create a playoff system with the editor.

Can you add a little more detail to what you mean.

Maybe there's something that can be done if we can understand what's missing.
Stats don't count, records don't count. The games don't physically count in-game. To me, there's no point in doing all the work if the games don't really matter in-game.

There's nothing that can be done to fix it.

# 22 wolverinemaniac @ 07/17/14 12:11 PM
Im good with last years game with updated rosters and the OS community version 12 Sliders for now(Having a blast).

I hope eventually NCAA or at least College Football makes a comeback and hopefully has playoffs etc.

# 23 DorianDonP @ 07/17/14 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Stats don't count, records don't count. The games don't physically count in-game. To me, there's no point in doing all the work if the games don't really matter in-game.

There's nothing that can be done to fix it.
Apparently there is a work around to get it to include the stats and record.

By Yengator
Quote:
Pocketscout,

Thanks for your work on this, and I've been following your video dynasty also.

I have found a way to successfully save the stats from the semi-finals, where at years end, the records and stats (including the semifinals) are properly saved. I've done it 4 times now in my own offline dynasty using this method...

1. Set up semifinal matchups in lower bowls, as directed. In order to make "room" for the championship game participants, two teams lose their bowl bids. Here's a theoretical example with the computer determining these matchups...

Rose Bowl: #8 Oregon vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl: #3 Florida vs #5 Oklahoma
Natl Championship: #1 USC vs #2 Clemson
Chick-Fil-A Bowl (I modded this to be Sun Belt #4 vs MAC #5 to create a bowl with two teams to be eliminated): Akron vs Troy

2. As described above, Troy and Akron will eventually lose their bowl bids. Using the same established procedures to mod the matchups, set up the following:

Rose Bowl (semifinal): #1 USC vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl (semifinal): #2 Clemson vs #3 Florida
Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Oklahoma vs Oregon
Natl Championship: Akron vs Troy (bare with me here)

3. Play or super sim (from my experience, simming in the menu with a modified matchup doesn't work) each of the new games, except the Natl Championship. Save dynasty file and go back into Editor.

Let's say #3 Florida and #1 USC win.

4. In the Rose Bowl, swap USC with Akron. In the Sugar Bowl, swap Florida with Troy. Now put USC and Florida in the Natl Championship instead of Akron and Troy. Leave everything else alone.

5. Play the NC game and sim into the End of Season (before simming to Coaching Carousel). Save file and open in Editor.

6. Replace Akron and Troy with USC and Florida in the Rose and Sugar bowls, respectively. When you open the file in the game, all records, individual and team stats are accurate, to the best of my knowledge.
In general I do agree that this seems to be a ton of work.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.